The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

+3
Luke
ccordova2
Michael
7 posters

Rock Dungeon 18...This is not the podcast you are looking for...move along

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 18...This is not the podcast you are looking for...move along Empty Rock Dungeon 18...This is not the podcast you are looking for...move along

Post  Michael Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:19 pm

Episode 18 is lying face down in a gutter, crack of it’s ass showing above the stained camo fatigues, the smell of a Chinese restaurant dumpster rising in an almost visible cloud. Sharon Osbourne rears her ugly head again like the viper she is, Paul Stanley pops in to give us permission to play one Kiss song. We go SciFi digging and close it out by going Airbourne. Download it before it wakes up and decides to eat the eggroll stuck in its butt…at least you hope that’s an eggroll.

Get It

Here
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Rock Dungeon 18...This is not the podcast you are looking for...move along Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 18...This is not the podcast you are looking for...move along

Post  ccordova2 Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:59 pm

i bleed black label!!!!!!!

love me some twisted sister!

great job w/sharon osborne!!

great live album... unleashed in the east!!!

fucking rock!!! Very Happy
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 18...This is not the podcast you are looking for...move along Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 18...This is not the podcast you are looking for...move along

Post  Michael Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Unleashed In the East is a fantastic live album...but also had a lot of touch ups in the studio...and the cover is staged...not from an actual concert

Zakk Wylde is the man...His Book of Shadows cd is in my top 20 all time

Glad you enjoyed the show...Carlos...We would not want to disappoint you...we are 'fraid of your mighty arms Razz
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:07 pm

if i didnt agree w/you on the last few manowar albums u woulda had to fear them! hahahahahahah!!!

book of shadows is a awesome freaking album! so is pride in glory!
    Luke

Post  Luke Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:42 pm

I'm gonna actually comment on the last TWO episodes of the show. Did I just blow your mind or what?
    I like when you guys play more music. I've heard a few things I want to try because of it. And I really dug the episode 17 songs. They were really catchy.

Episode 18 was good, too. I really felt like I was in the room with Sharon Osbourne and Paul Stanley at the same time. It was the rockingest work has ever been. Mildly surprised to hear an Aerosmith song, though. I dunno why, I guess I just figured they weren't hair metal enough. Twisted Sister, however, is awesome any day of the week.

Also, Mike, what's your Twitter? You say to follow you but don't say what it is. If I wanted to be teased I'd call my prom date. HEYO! Just kidding. She was a very lovely young lady, and I'm not just saying that on the off chance she's totally changed all her tastes and started listening to hard rock and then found this show.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:29 am

Luke wrote:I'm gonna actually comment on the last TWO episodes of the show. Did I just blow your mind or what?
    I like when you guys play more music. I've heard a few things I want to try because of it. And I really dug the episode 17 songs. They were really catchy.

Episode 18 was good, too. I really felt like I was in the room with Sharon Osbourne and Paul Stanley at the same time. It was the rockingest work has ever been. Mildly surprised to hear an Aerosmith song, though. I dunno why, I guess I just figured they weren't hair metal enough. Twisted Sister, however, is awesome any day of the week.

Also, Mike, what's your Twitter? You say to follow you but don't say what it is. If I wanted to be teased I'd call my prom date. HEYO! Just kidding. She was a very lovely young lady, and I'm not just saying that on the off chance she's totally changed all her tastes and started listening to hard rock and then found this show.

Would you really want to be in the same room with Sharon and Paul....how about if they were greased up and wearing a mankini...how about if they were naked?

Twisted Sister IS awesome...
    Twisted Evil

Thanks for listening as always Luke..we so appreciate it...and do you still want to hear Britney Fox?
    Luke

Post  Luke Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:30 am

Michael wrote:

Would you really want to be in the same room with Sharon and Paul....how about if they were greased up and wearing a mankini...how about if they were naked?

Always.

Thanks for listening as always Luke..we so appreciate it...and do you still want to hear Britney Fox?

Always.
    ravenous
    ravenous

Post  ravenous Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:03 am

Great show guys. Who was that sexy sounding guy with the audio comment? Heath if you need any help or info on an Amazon store let me know. Mike when are we gonna see this CD list?
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:14 pm

ravenous wrote:Great show guys. Who was that sexy sounding guy with the audio comment? Heath if you need any help or info on an Amazon store let me know. Mike when are we gonna see this CD list?

Thank you very much for the kudos...the guy with the sexy sounding voice is such a sci-fi geek that he has a podcast about Scifi...and he is a total KISS fanatic...beware... Laughing

I am going to put the CD list right here into the Forum...make it real easy...but because my CD Database and this forum are not compatible..I have to put it in Word make adjustments and then put it into the forum..but it will appear...my plan is to have it set for the weekend...but you know what they say about plans, mice, men and baby oil
    Eric
    Eric

Post  Eric Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:38 am

No Blackberry feedback this time mainly because I don't have a lot to say this time really. You guys were a lot of fun as usual. I laughed at the Sharon impression and when Heath got all flustered for being called out on Wicked. I cringed at the Aerosmith and rocked out to the other stuff.

Yeah, that Amazon affiliate store thing is a good idea. I was about to suggest GEMM to Aaron but Mike beat me to it. You wont find outstanding deals there but you will find hard to find and out of print stuff and sometimes find a good deal.

Speaking of fur mankini's, one of my Faceboook friends works in a recording studio in Belgium and he just posted that Manowar will be recording in his studio all next week. I told him to let me know if they wear the fur speedos in the studio too. Heath you know the guy, Dave Ashton. I can't remember his forum name right now but he is a regular on the Geek Syndicate forum.
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:36 pm

Eric wrote:No Blackberry feedback this time mainly because I don't have a lot to say this time really. You guys were a lot of fun as usual. I laughed at the Sharon impression and when Heath got all flustered for being called out on Wicked. I cringed at the Aerosmith and rocked out to the other stuff.

Yeah, that Amazon affiliate store thing is a good idea. I was about to suggest GEMM to Aaron but Mike beat me to it. You wont find outstanding deals there but you will find hard to find and out of print stuff and sometimes find a good deal.

Speaking of fur mankini's, one of my Faceboook friends works in a recording studio in Belgium and he just posted that Manowar will be recording in his studio all next week. I told him to let me know if they wear the fur speedos in the studio too. Heath you know the guy, Dave Ashton. I can't remember his forum name right now but he is a regular on the Geek Syndicate forum.
    Oh, yeah, Dave Ashton. Is his forum name Daved and Confused? Can't remember. Thanks for the feedback. Iornically, this is more than you leave when you leave it via blackberry. Wicked was full of dudes! Not gay dudes. And hot chicks! And stuff....
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:40 pm

Luke wrote: Mildly surprised to hear an Aerosmith song, though. I dunno why, I guess I just figured they weren't hair metal enough.

Hair metal? Where you been when we've been talking about My Chemical Romance and Paramore? The Rock Dungeon has been taken over by 15 year old girls! Get with the program!

But seriously (he gets quiet and looks intense) we're trying to embrace more of all kinds of harder music. We dig on a lot of stuff and like a lot more than hair metal. Started out as the focus, yes, but I think we want to open it up a little more. As long as it's still good and fun music with actual guitars and real drums...none of that sequenced techno shtuff.
    Luke

Post  Luke Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:19 pm

Heath wrote:As long as it's still good and fun music with actual guitars and real drums...none of that sequenced techno shtuff.

Does this mean we're not going to the nightclub for my birthday like you promised?
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:31 pm

Luke wrote:
    Heath wrote:As long as it's still good and fun music with actual guitars and real drums...none of that sequenced techno shtuff.

Does this mean we're not going to the nightclub for my birthday like you promised?

Okay, just this once. The Karaoke nightclub. I got dibs on "Smooth Criminal."
    Luke

Post  Luke Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:40 pm

Heath wrote:Okay, just this once. The Karaoke nightclub. I got dibs on "Smooth Criminal."

Fair enough, so long as I get "Kentucky Rain" and/or "Man on the Silver Mountain."
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:43 pm

I am a karaoke veteran, I had a list of songs that I would do...I was actually sort of a Karaoke Diva.

2 Princes - Spin Doctors
    Doctor, Doctor - Robert Palmer
    Mony, Mony - Billy Idol
    Devil In a Blue Dress - Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels
    What's Yer Name - Lynyrd Skynyrd

I had my own fangirls and everything that would follow me from bar to bar...by me drinks...request songs etc.
    I was doing Karaoke about 3 times a week...it was fun
    Luke

Post  Luke Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:52 pm

If you're ever in Connecticut we'll go tear it up.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:04 pm

Connecticut is not that far away...do you have some good karaoke places around you...It has kind of died up here in the sticks of hell
    Luke

Post  Luke Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:34 am

Yeah, there are a few. I find new places every so often, including one place that does it three times a week.
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Fri May 01, 2009 8:30 am

Mike - I think you might have mentioned this on the show before, but I don't remember -- how do you store such a massive collection of cds? I have only a fraction of that and find storing them a pain. Also, how about some pictures of your collection?
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Fri May 01, 2009 9:05 pm

dbm wrote:Mike - I think you might have mentioned this on the show before, but I don't remember -- how do you store such a massive collection of cds? I have only a fraction of that and find storing them a pain. Also, how about some pictures of your collection?

Well storage is an issue...and honestly a problem...right now my cds are stored in ...well my wife sells Avon so we have a lot of Avon boxes around...about 18" X 13" or so ( i am eyeballing the actual size) and maybe 7" deep...each one holds between 90 and 95 cds...and I have 44 boxes of them...12 of which are new cds or ones I have pulled out and not put back into so those are the "unarranged" boxes...its a mess because when I want a cd I have to remember if I had it out or not...to gather cds for example a podcast or to share with friends it can take me up to an hour to dig them out.

I have the shelves and holders to make a 10 foot 6 shelf cd case but I am soooo lazy...and honestly about as handy as ..well you know...I will try and put up some action shots of my room so you can check out my "mess"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:19 am