The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

+2
Lord Shaper
Michael
6 posters

Rock Dungeon 38: The Podcast to Draino your Braino

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 38: The Podcast to Draino your Braino Empty Rock Dungeon 38: The Podcast to Draino your Braino

Post  Michael Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:26 pm

The boys are firing on all cylinders discussing such subjects as New Jersey (the state not the Bon Jovi release), Aerosmith again, and a fantastic new twist on trivia from Aaron. We hear much music and one song from the band Kepi Ghoulie that will lodge in your head forever moving in and staying like the fish smell your house has after cooking fish...or the litterbox smell that you do not notice but everybody who comes to your house does...you know what we mean. We dare you...We triple dog dare you to not sing along with the song as it's playing. Anyway...Enjoy

Get it Here

Songs Clips:
    Koffin Kats - Asylum
    Soulidium - Crucify
    Angel House - Mask
    Sean Lennon - Parachute
    Kepi Ghoulie - Drain My Brain
    AC/DC - Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
    Beatles - Rock and Roll Music
    Joan Jett - I Love Rock and Roll
    Kiss - Let Me Go Rock and Roll
    Airbourne - Stand Up For Rock and Roll
    Wig Wam - Hard To Be A Rock n Roller
    Michael Schenker Group - Assault Attack
    Slash - Sahara
    Ross The Boss - Death and Glory
    Devin Townsend Project - Addicted
    Coldspell - Shot Down
    Dead Poetic - Sinless City
    War & Peace - Wrong Place, Wrong Time

Last edited by Michael on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Music List)
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 38: The Podcast to Draino your Braino Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 38: The Podcast to Draino your Braino

Post  Michael Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:15 pm

Wow...this saddens me....no comments, anecdotes...I guess dropping a day late is not a good thing... nobody's even looking Sad
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Rock Dungeon 38: The Podcast to Draino your Braino Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 38: The Podcast to Draino your Braino

Post  Lord Shaper Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:59 pm

Loved the show guys... It's helped me get through my work day!
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:31 pm

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I will buddy!
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:25 am

Thanks Bill...Thank Damian ...out of curiosity...do you guys listen in batches or listen to the show on a weekly basis?

Last edited by Michael on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because the idioy host got Lord Shapers first name mixed up with his Kryptograpic podcast mate)
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:08 am

great show! never heard sean lennon before so that was nice!
    ross the boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    & slayer in the top 20!?!?!? hell yeah!!!!!!!!
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:43 am

Michael wrote:Thanks Bill...Thank Brian...out of curiosity...do you guys listen in batches or listen to the show on a weekly basis?

Who Is Brian....and WHO ARE YOU ???? Suspect

Thanks for listening to the show Damion... We love you. You too Bill and Carlos. Thanks for always being there.
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:27 pm

Another great show. Since you asked, I download the shows as they are put out and usually listen to them several times before I'm ready to post any comments. After listening to this one you made me man up and finally order a Koffin Kats CD. Asylum was great but I ended up ordering the self titled cd with Graveyard Tree on it. I absolutely love that song. The Sean Lennon tune was great as well, I might have to pick that one up. Loved the 70's tv love theme he had going on behind the chorus. Not so sure about Kepi Ghoulie though, although it did start to grow on me with repeating listens. They kind of sounded to me like the Archies covering a Ramones tune. Not that that's bad but I'll have to hear more from them before I commit and youtube sucks for that band. I have no idea who Wig Wam are or where they came up with that ridiculous name but I like it. It looks like they might be playing it a little tongue in cheek which is always a plus for me. Until next time.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:11 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:Another great show. Since you asked, I download the shows as they are put out and usually listen to them several times before I'm ready to post any comments. After listening to this one you made me man up and finally order a Koffin Kats CD. Asylum was great but I ended up ordering the self titled cd with Graveyard Tree on it. I absolutely love that song. The Sean Lennon tune was great as well, I might have to pick that one up. Loved the 70's tv love theme he had going on behind the chorus. Not so sure about Kepi Ghoulie though, although it did start to grow on me with repeating listens. They kind of sounded to me like the Archies covering a Ramones tune. Not that that's bad but I'll have to hear more from them before I commit and youtube sucks for that band. I have no idea who Wig Wam are or where they came up with that ridiculous name but I like it. It looks like they might be playing it a little tongue in cheek which is always a plus for me. Until next time.

You listen to us several times... ok wow... Ok I like the Beach Boys better than the Archies...so Beach Boys covering a Ramones song works better for me...we did this episode Tuesday morning and it is now Saturday and the song is still in my head...to quote the Yardbirds "Mister You're a better man than I" Wig Wam actually got their name from a 1972 Sweet song "Wig Wam Bam". They site The Sweet and Kiss as their biggest influences and they are a tribute to hair glam metal...very much over the top and tongue firmly in cheek...but they also have a knack with coming up with some fantastic melodies...they are from Norway. YOu listen several times...man that phrase just blows me away Razz Chris thank you for listening several times...
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:12 pm

ccordova2 wrote:great show! never heard sean lennon before so that was nice!
    ross the boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    & slayer in the top 20!?!?!? hell yeah!!!!!!!!
    You sir are a many layered prism of awesome... thank You
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:43 pm

Michael wrote:Wig Wam actually got their name from a 1972 Sweet song "Wig Wam Bam". They site The Sweet and Kiss as their biggest influences and they are a tribute to hair glam metal...very much over the top and tongue firmly in cheek...but they also have a knack with coming up with some fantastic melodies...they are from Norway.

You are right, everything I saw by them on youtube was great. I especially like that Baby One More Time tune. Talk about a fantastic melody Very Happy I'll probably be carrying that song in my head for the rest of the week now.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:21 pm

I am glad you like them...yay me Smile...If you like i know somebody that might be able to hook you up with some Wig Wam since it is pretty pricey. Just send me a PM
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:27 am

Crimson Pig wrote:
    Michael wrote:Wig Wam actually got their name from a 1972 Sweet song "Wig Wam Bam". They site The Sweet and Kiss as their biggest influences and they are a tribute to hair glam metal...very much over the top and tongue firmly in cheek...but they also have a knack with coming up with some fantastic melodies...they are from Norway.

You are right, everything I saw by them on youtube was great. I especially like that Baby One More Time tune. Talk about a fantastic melody Very Happy I'll probably be carrying that song in my head for the rest of the week now.

Way to go Chris...You are one of us, tried and true rock and rollers. If you gotta have it you gotta have it....
    Rock on buddy and thanks for the feedback..
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:20 pm

Michael wrote:I am glad you like them...yay me Smile...If you like i know somebody that might be able to hook you up with some Wig Wam since it is pretty pricey. Just send me a PM

Looked up their discography and found out their first release was "667.. The Neighbor of the Beast". That my friends is friggin' awesome.

So can you hook me up with this one drunken
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:28 pm

Ok that is awesome...and I wish I had that...wait a minute...now I do...thank you audacity...And thank you Chris...by the way you can hear a snippet from the new Wig Wam cd on Rock Dungeon 39 Smile
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:49 pm

Good show boys - Mike, I'm with you on the NJ driving situation - it's my least favorite place to drive; hate it. I think all the drivers are all pissed all the time because their road designs all suck.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:38 pm

Thanks Bill... your listenership is ALWAYS appreciated...and your support about NJ drivers even more so....the way I figure it NJ drivers cost me about 20 cds on Amazon....bastards

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:55 pm