The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

5 posters

Rock Dungeon 50: This Podcast Needs a Doggy Bag

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 50: This Podcast Needs a Doggy Bag Empty Rock Dungeon 50: This Podcast Needs a Doggy Bag

Post  Michael Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:43 pm

The boys are in fine form especially Michael as he has not been this loud and obnoxious in many an episode. He is so excited to have made it to 50. Over three hours of podcast gold where we learn that when the boys were young Wade was a sexual god and taught Michael everything there is to know about pleasing a lady, that Michael also has a great fondness for Christian keyboard pop from the '70s, Aaron steals an episode theme in his trivia and does Wade really fantasize about having Yoko in his mouth. You can find out the answer to these burning questions by just downloading the episode. It's free you know. Get It Here

Song Clips:
    Sonic X - News For You
    Tank - Kill
    Cryonic Temple - Beast Slayer
    Neverland - Shooting Star
    Eldritch - Chains
    Four Years Strong - Wasting Time
    The Golden Gods - Midas Touch
    Axel Rudi Pell - Cry Of The Gypsy
    Guttermouth - Asshole
    Zodiac Mindwarp - Prime Mover
    Anvil - Mad Dog
    Gary Wright - Love Is Alive
    Butch Walker - Bethamphetamine
    El Tri - Nostalgia
    Mutiny Within - Awake
    Heljarega - Feigdin
    The Knack - Good Girls Don't
    Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Benny The Bouncer
    Shadows Fall - Bark At The Moon
    Pennywise - Yell Out
    Sean Lennon - Friendly Fire
    Hazel - Push To Close

Last edited by Michael on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Put in Song Clips)
    dbm
    dbm

Rock Dungeon 50: This Podcast Needs a Doggy Bag Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 50: This Podcast Needs a Doggy Bag

Post  dbm Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:14 am

Just started listening -- Wade, your intro's are awesome, and very impressive. Er, I mean, they ROCK!
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 50: This Podcast Needs a Doggy Bag Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 50: This Podcast Needs a Doggy Bag

Post  Michael Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:23 am

dbm wrote:Just started listening -- Wade, your intro's are awesome, and very impressive. Er, I mean, they ROCK!

Ouch... Somtimes it's those you love who hurt you the most (sob)
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:48 am

Michael wrote:
    dbm wrote:Just started listening -- Wade, your intro's are awesome, and very impressive. Er, I mean, they ROCK!

Ouch... Somtimes it's those you love who hurt you the most (sob)

Now, now, you big baby, suck it up.

Aren't you supposed to be replacing the Rock Dungeon logo?

lol

(Ok, yes Mikey, your intros are awesome as well, but surely you knew that already.)
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:11 pm

Maybe I should put it this way: great intros by Wade, and an unnamed source.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Wade does to some fun intros... And eppy 51 we will be going back to that. I am just going to do them occasionally... Like maybe every 5 episodes
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:31 pm

holy crap 3 hours!!!!! the dungeon got brighter cuz you guys blew the roof off of this mother!!!!!!!!!!! great job, great show! coongrats on 50 episodes! happy to say ive been here for all of them!
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:37 pm

ccordova2 wrote:holy crap 3 hours!!!!! the dungeon got brighter cuz you guys blew the roof off of this mother!!!!!!!!!!! great job, great show! coongrats on 50 episodes! happy to say ive been here for all of them!

Great Stuff Carlos... you are a gifted Tattoo Artist. Hope to have you draw on me someday. pirat
    Glad you liked the show. You Rock Buddy.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:59 pm

ccordova2 wrote:holy crap 3 hours!!!!! the dungeon got brighter cuz you guys blew the roof off of this mother!!!!!!!!!!! great job, great show! coongrats on 50 episodes! happy to say ive been here for all of them!

Yes you have Carlos... from our humble beginnings finding ourselves with what we wanted to do, and you are still with us now that we are all super popular and get taken to our podcast studio in seperate Limos (Wade has bad farts) We have our catered breakfast brought in and we are actually thinking of getting cheerleaders... and you Carlos are a big reason that we are so hugely popular... thank you sir.
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:18 am

no sir..... THANK YOU!!!
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:32 pm

Wow over 3 hours of greatness. wouldn't have realized it if I didn't look at the length of the show. I went by in no time, as they say time flys when you're having fun. Had forgotten all about Zodiac Mindwarp, thanks for reminding me. I remember really liking the video when it came out but apparently not enough to purchase any of the albums. Had to watch the video on Youtube to refresh my memory. Pure cheese, but in the really good cheesy way, like nacho cheesy. Three bands that really stuck out for me, Guttermouth, contrary to popular opinion I have never heard them. Liked the tune so much though I have some on order now. Had to purchase a couple of Punk compilations today just to get a taste until the real stuff comes. Sean Lennon, loved the umbrella tune you played on an earlier show and this one was just as good. Have one of his on order now too although some of his stuff is really high in price, not sure why it is out of print already. Last but not least El Tri, that song was incredible. I've been browsing the Amazon offerings, which there are way too many of, I guess you can put out a lot in 30 years. Not really liking the blues based stuff which there is a lot of so I think I'm going to be ordering the best of cd, I think it's his #1 hits albums. It's got Nostolgia on it as well as another I really like, Nino Sin Amor. All in all you lived up to your promises, you played many I've never heard, some I haven't heard in a while, and a few that are very familiar. The only thing that was missing was a selection from the new Calabrese cd. Damn Wade, you got this early and you couldn't share? I'm sure you'll rectify that in weeks to come, at least for one listener anyway Laughing
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:06 pm

I have much love for the Zodester and I actually have his book "Fucked By Rock" the ude is VERY graphic in the way he describes his hedonistic lifestyle. I love all of his cds. His voice has held up well. I have ordered 1 El Tri cd. I believe it was the actual cd that Nostalgia is from...cannot remember the name right now. I loved the guys voice like I said on the show... he could sing Rap and I probably would buy it. I am glad we came through for you on our promises and thanks for not mentioning the stuff you did not like (my ego bruises easily) I have gotten the feeling that your tire swing dangles more from Wade's Throbbing vein than mine (how is that for a disturbing visual). I love the fact you listen, give us feedback and enjoy playing in our sandbox. Do not forget to get your name into Wade@therockdungeon.com for a shot at the Calabrese cd. afro
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:56 am

Crimson Pig wrote:Wow over 3 hours of greatness. wouldn't have realized it if I didn't look at the length of the show. I went by in no time, as they say time flys when you're having fun. Had forgotten all about Zodiac Mindwarp, thanks for reminding me. I remember really liking the video when it came out but apparently not enough to purchase any of the albums. Had to watch the video on Youtube to refresh my memory. Pure cheese, but in the really good cheesy way, like nacho cheesy. Three bands that really stuck out for me, Guttermouth, contrary to popular opinion I have never heard them. Liked the tune so much though I have some on order now. Had to purchase a couple of Punk compilations today just to get a taste until the real stuff comes. Sean Lennon, loved the umbrella tune you played on an earlier show and this one was just as good. Have one of his on order now too although some of his stuff is really high in price, not sure why it is out of print already. Last but not least El Tri, that song was incredible. I've been browsing the Amazon offerings, which there are way too many of, I guess you can put out a lot in 30 years. Not really liking the blues based stuff which there is a lot of so I think I'm going to be ordering the best of cd, I think it's his #1 hits albums. It's got Nostolgia on it as well as another I really like, Nino Sin Amor. All in all you lived up to your promises, you played many I've never heard, some I haven't heard in a while, and a few that are very familiar. The only thing that was missing was a selection from the new Calabrese cd. Damn Wade, you got this early and you couldn't share? I'm sure you'll rectify that in weeks to come, at least for one listener anyway Laughing

I apologize my friend. I will redeem my oversight involving the Calabrese CD Promptly. Thanks for posting and a huge thanks for listening to us. You Rock
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:52 pm

I agree, El Tri was awesome. I checked out a bit on Amazon, some ok, some not; you picked a good one Mike. I'll have to listen to more off that album.

That Ozzy cover was really good. Covers are often iffy, so I was worried.

I liked that Hazel song too; I've known about them for years, but never listened to them before. I think it's because I always associate their name with Sister Hazel, then I throw up.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:38 pm

dbm wrote:I agree, El Tri was awesome. I checked out a bit on Amazon, some ok, some not; you picked a good one Mike. I'll have to listen to more off that album.

That Ozzy cover was really good. Covers are often iffy, so I was worried.

I liked that Hazel song too; I've known about them for years, but never listened to them before. I think it's because I always associate their name with Sister Hazel, then I throw up.

I l loved the Ozzy cover and if you had also seen the video you would have loved it more... a total homage to the original... inspired me so much I bought their last 2 cds including the cd with the cover on it.

I enjoyed Hazel also and you can thank Crimson Pig for that as he turned me on to the band with his dollar bin diving. Good stuff

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:10 pm