The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

+3
Heath
Luke
Michael
7 posters

Rock Dungeon 20...They make take our lives, but they will never take our podcast

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 20...They make take our lives, but they will never take our podcast Empty Rock Dungeon 20...They make take our lives, but they will never take our podcast

Post  Michael Wed May 06, 2009 9:08 pm

Episode 20 is like that old copy of your Dad’s Hustler magazine stuck between your mattress and boxspring…so many memories …so much lotion. We have Wailin’ Wade giving us the Quakes, Country Def Leppard, Douche Baggery from Record Companies and an apologetic musical intro…open up and enjoy the centerfold... get it now before your mother walks in.

Get It Here
    Luke

Rock Dungeon 20...They make take our lives, but they will never take our podcast Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 20...They make take our lives, but they will never take our podcast

Post  Luke Thu May 07, 2009 4:45 pm

Man, if I spent money every time you guys played a band I'd like to try, I'd be broke. I'm talking about the Quakes this time. I really dig their sound. I'm saddened to hear about the countrification of Def Leppard. I hate when that happens. I also dug your G'n'R parody at the beginning of the show. If you hadn't said it was fake, though, I never would have guessed. And speaking of revealing the truth, I guess now is as good a time as any to reveal that I am actually David Geffen. "Luke" was just a clever pseudonym that you guys saw through. And once I heard your talk about CD prices, I realized you're right: we are douchebags, and first thing in the morning I'm going to order a complete restructuring of how we do business. You, sirs, are heroes.
    Heath
    Heath

Rock Dungeon 20...They make take our lives, but they will never take our podcast Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 20...They make take our lives, but they will never take our podcast

Post  Heath Thu May 07, 2009 6:52 pm

Luke wrote:Man, if I spent money every time you guys played a band I'd like to try, I'd be broke. I'm talking about the Quakes this time. I really dig their sound. I'm saddened to hear about the countrification of Def Leppard. I hate when that happens. I also dug your G'n'R parody at the beginning of the show. If you hadn't said it was fake, though, I never would have guessed. And speaking of revealing the truth, I guess now is as good a time as any to reveal that I am actually David Geffen. "Luke" was just a clever pseudonym that you guys saw through. And once I heard your talk about CD prices, I realized you're right: we are douchebags, and first thing in the morning I'm going to order a complete restructuring of how we do business. You, sirs, are heroes.

GEEEFEEEEEEEEENNN!

Well, I'm glad we were able to impact your sales ideaology, David. Do the right thing and the right thing will happen to you.
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Thu May 07, 2009 11:20 pm

axel can sing his little heart out i still don forgive him being a douche!!!!

where paranoid was a damn good breakthrough album high and dry is still by far my favorite!! it has that hungry energy of youth that most first albums have! but it also kicked ass & even more when you realize they were all teenagers when they made it!

three words! fuckin record companies!

two more! damn dinosaurs!

when will they just go away! people can now more than ever before produce & sell there own music! record companies are just dinosaurs that need to die already!
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sat May 09, 2009 11:15 am

ccordova2 wrote:axel can sing his little heart out i still don forgive him being a douche!!!!

where paranoid was a damn good breakthrough album high and dry is still by far my favorite!! it has that hungry energy of youth that most first albums have! but it also kicked ass & even more when you realize they were all teenagers when they made it!

three words! fuckin record companies!

two more! damn dinosaurs!

when will they just go away! people can now more than ever before produce & sell there own music! record companies are just dinosaurs that need to die already!

I think you meant Pyromania...but thats ok.

Record companies will not go away till they have sucked and drained every last penny they can out of us. I believe record companies can still be legitimate and maybe move into the age of the mammal...but I doubt it Evil or Very Mad

I am beginning to think that GnR were all a bunch of douches ...with Axel being King Bag
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Sat May 09, 2009 12:51 pm

i did mean pyromania.. my bad.

yea most if not all the gunners are douches! Twisted Evil
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Mon May 11, 2009 5:14 am

Luke wrote:Man, if I spent money every time you guys played a band I'd like to try, I'd be broke. I'm talking about the Quakes this time. I really dig their sound. I'm saddened to hear about the countrification of Def Leppard. I hate when that happens. I also dug your G'n'R parody at the beginning of the show. If you hadn't said it was fake, though, I never would have guessed. And speaking of revealing the truth, I guess now is as good a time as any to reveal that I am actually David Geffen. "Luke" was just a clever pseudonym that you guys saw through. And once I heard your talk about CD prices, I realized you're right: we are douchebags, and first thing in the morning I'm going to order a complete restructuring of how we do business. You, sirs, are heroes.

Wow...Mr. Geffen...I am pleased that you like a lot of the music that we play on the show..and also I am saddened that you cannot afford to buy the music...you need to raise the prices of your cds some more so you can have some extra money to make those purchases.

Heath is pleased that you enjoyed his parody... it is very important that Heath be pleased because if he is not he takes it out on Paris...OK on second thought Heath not being pleased can be a good thing Laughing

And the golden clefnote goes to you Luke ..or David whichever you like...put it on your wall and bask in it's glory...knowing that you are first in our hearts

I love you
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Mon May 11, 2009 5:54 pm

ccordova2 wrote:i did mean pyromania.. my bad.

I am beginning to think that the music I love should be called Douche Rock instead of Cock Rock
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Mon May 11, 2009 6:39 pm

Michael wrote:

I am beginning to think that the music I love should be called Douche Rock instead of Cock Rock

"I'm going to the douche rock festival next weekend, down at the Summer's Eve Amphitheater!"
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Tue May 12, 2009 12:51 am

Heath wrote:
    Michael wrote:

"I'm going to the douche rock festival next weekend, down at the Summer's Eve Amphitheater!"

fun!! what douche bands will be in this festival? tongue
    Luke

Post  Luke Tue May 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Michael wrote:

Wow...Mr. Geffen...I am pleased that you like a lot of the music that we play on the show..and also I am saddened that you cannot afford to buy the music...you need to raise the prices of your cds some more so you can have some extra money to make those purchases.

Heath is pleased that you enjoyed his parody... it is very important that Heath be pleased because if he is not he takes it out on Paris...OK on second thought Heath not being pleased can be a good thing Laughing

And the golden clefnote goes to you Luke ..or David whichever you like...put it on your wall and bask in it's glory...knowing that you are first in our hearts

I love you

That's two golden clef notes now. I wish I had real ones to hang on my wall.
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Tue May 12, 2009 6:25 pm

ccordova2 wrote:
    Heath wrote:
    Michael wrote:

The line up consists of Guns N Roses as headliners, Def Leppard on the CMT Country Music stage, Eddie Van Halen (with his son on bass) on the FDS feminine spray stage, and Sebastian Bach in the Tampax Tour Tent. The first 1000 kids through the gate get a free pregnancy test kit, pre-peed on by Sharon Osbourne.
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Thu May 14, 2009 12:43 am

Heath wrote:
    ccordova2 wrote:
    Heath wrote:
    Michael wrote:

The line up consists of Guns N Roses as headliners, Def Leppard on the CMT Country Music stage, Eddie Van Halen (with his son on bass) on the FDS feminine spray stage, and Sebastian Bach in the Tampax Tour Tent. The first 1000 kids through the gate get a free pregnancy test kit, pre-peed on by Sharon Osbourne.

Laughing hahahahahahahah!! nice heath! niiiiice!!!!
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu May 14, 2009 5:22 am

ccordova2 wrote:
    Heath wrote:
    ccordova2 wrote:
    Heath wrote:
    Michael wrote:

Laughing hahahahahahahah!! nice heath! niiiiice!!!!

Hey stop it Carlos...his head is big enough as it is...pretty soon he will want 2 limos with a Paris Hilton in each one Razz
    Eric
    Eric

Post  Eric Mon May 18, 2009 2:29 am

You know, I am not too happy about all these rock acts getting into the country either. But if you listen to current country music a lot of it basically sounds like classic rock. Some of that old Def Leppard stuff could pass for this new country, so it's not that much of a stretch for them to be getting into this new country scene.

Something I think about with the music industry is that the execs in a lot of cases are old guys who are used to the excesses of what popular music used to be before the days of downloading. Albums sold millions and millions of copies and the studio execs sat high on the hog from the profits. It's too easy to get the music free now and the major profits just aren't there for them if the music is priced affordably for the consumers, so they are charging too much for the actual CD's to try and still make that same money from the good old days.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Mon May 18, 2009 7:16 am

Eric wrote:You know, I am not too happy about all these rock acts getting into the country either. But if you listen to current country music a lot of it basically sounds like classic rock. Some of that old Def Leppard stuff could pass for this new country, so it's not that much of a stretch for them to be getting into this new country scene.

Maybe something post Pyromania...without the twang and the pedal steel guitars...the sound of the pedal steel guitar makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up...I do not listen to current country...so maybe country is coming to rock and not the other way around Rolling Eyes
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Mon May 18, 2009 7:20 am

Eric wrote:
    Something I think about with the music industry is that the execs in a lot of cases are old guys who are used to the excesses of what popular music used to be before the days of downloading. Albums sold millions and millions of copies and the studio execs sat high on the hog from the profits. It's too easy to get the music free now and the major profits just aren't there for them if the music is priced affordably for the consumers, so they are charging too much for the actual CD's to try and still make that same money from the good old days.

I believe that that has a lot to do with it. You would think that a lot of the new labels starting up would look at the old model and see what is wrong but most of their cds are also priced at the same price point...even some labels that are started by former artists...greed is catching
    Eric
    Eric

Post  Eric Mon May 18, 2009 5:42 pm

Michael wrote:
    so maybe country is coming to rock and not the other way around Rolling Eyes

That's basically what I was saying. I don't make it a habit to listen to country either so this may be a misinformed idea of mine. But what I do hear of the new country stuff sounds like rock to me. And I think some of the pre-Pyromania stuff would fit in with this new country. The song you guys played made me come up with that line of thought actually. Can't remember which song it was now.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue May 19, 2009 11:26 am

Dude...I want to live by you and get that country station...they play stuff that sounds like Let It Go...than I am a country fan
    ravenous
    ravenous

Post  ravenous Tue May 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Eric wrote:
    Can't remember which song it was now.

Hey Mike if you had show notes then we could all know the names of the songs. Wink
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Thu May 21, 2009 12:37 pm

Good show, I think you're getting into a groove now. Get it? Groove? Like a record? Never mind.

Axel was great, you should have him on again.

CD going away in 2 years? Doubt it. On the way out? Maybe. I'm digging the current CD\DVD trend though.

Regarding the Underoath\Avenged 7 fold thing -- I'm not real sure what the dude's beef was, but A7F *are* arena-rock, as you say, which is part gimmick, and part circus. If he doesn't consider that rock'n'roll, that's his bag. Personally I liked their first couple of albums, but not the current stuff. But given the stage names, and the make-up and wardrobe, I could tell that they were aiming for the arenas.

New Emperor? Have to check it out.

Virgin Vinyl or GTFO! Arrow
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Thu May 21, 2009 5:18 pm

ravenous wrote:
    Eric wrote:
    Can't remember which song it was now.

Hey Mike if you had show notes then we could all know the names of the songs. Wink

well played....well played.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu May 21, 2009 6:05 pm

dbm wrote:Good show, I think you're getting into a groove now. Get it? Groove? Like a record? Never mind.

Axel was great, you should have him on again.

CD going away in 2 years? Doubt it. On the way out? Maybe. I'm digging the current CD\DVD trend though.

Regarding the Underoath\Avenged 7 fold thing -- I'm not real sure what the dude's beef was, but A7F *are* arena-rock, as you say, which is part gimmick, and part circus. If he doesn't consider that rock'n'roll, that's his bag. Personally I liked their first couple of albums, but not the current stuff. But given the stage names, and the make-up and wardrobe, I could tell that they were aiming for the arenas.

New Emperor? Have to check it out.

Virgin Vinyl or GTFO! Arrow

Thanks yeah it took us 20 eppys but we are almost there Cool

Axel will be back...you know what they say about bad pennys

But they put on a hell of a show (see episode 21)

I think Wade will part with his Emperor cd if you like...probably just have to pay shipping if you are interested.

Thank you for listening and keep the feedback coming it makes us feel warm and fuzzy all over

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:05 am