The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

5 posters

Rock Dungeon 21, Take your paws off me, you damn dirty podcast

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 21, Take your paws off me, you damn dirty podcast Empty Rock Dungeon 21, Take your paws off me, you damn dirty podcast

Post  Michael Sun May 17, 2009 7:42 am

Episode 21 is like that weird kid in elementary school, you know the one that would floss his nose with spaghetti, turn his eyelids inside out, put ketchup in his chocolate milk and drink it, anything for attention. In this episode we play music (surprise jazz hands), we talk releases (not genital) and we have news (more GnR ughhh). The topic du Jour is spectacle rock, where will we find it now. Get it now...oh no the weird kid has his sloppy joe in one hand and the front of his pants pulled out with the other.

Get It Here

Last edited by Michael on Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Rock Dungeon 21, Take your paws off me, you damn dirty podcast Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 21, Take your paws off me, you damn dirty podcast

Post  ccordova2 Mon May 18, 2009 7:27 am

the clouds parted. the rain stopped. carlos stood with the first rays of light warming his wet skin, & he thought to himself.."all is right w/the world again"!!

downloaded & ready to listen to! whoo-hoo!!
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 21, Take your paws off me, you damn dirty podcast Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 21, Take your paws off me, you damn dirty podcast

Post  Michael Mon May 18, 2009 1:08 pm

ccordova2 wrote:the clouds parted. the rain stopped. carlos stood with the first rays of light warming his wet skin, & he thought to himself.."all is right w/the world again"!!

downloaded & ready to listen to! whoo-hoo!!

He can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
    He can see all obstacles in his way
    Gone are the dark clouds that had him blind
    It’s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
    Sun-Shiny day. cheers
    Eric
    Eric

Post  Eric Tue May 19, 2009 6:05 am

Might not be something you would consider "new" since they starting in like the early 90s, but TOOL is putting on one hell of a stage show. I have seen them twice and been blown away both times by the visuals and the stage presence of the band. Plus, drum solo both times.

Amon Amarth is one of those black metal bands who put on kind of a show with the synchronized headbanging and they do the Viking sort of look.

Dimmu Borgir do the ghoul paint thing and wear all leather and armor and stuff.
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Tue May 19, 2009 7:21 am

see now are you looking for stage show or just a good memorable concert/show?
    ravenous
    ravenous

Post  ravenous Tue May 19, 2009 1:17 pm

Great show guys. Wow two mainstream songs! I think that one would be hard pressed to beat a KISS stage show. I can think of a few country stage shows that are pretty cool but Mike might slap me if I mention them here.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue May 19, 2009 6:14 pm

ravenous wrote:Great show guys. Wow two mainstream songs! I think that one would be hard pressed to beat a KISS stage show. I can think of a few country stage shows that are pretty cool but Mike might slap me if I mention them here.

You know if I had show notes I could remember which songs were mainstream...I personally do not like country music...I think it is due mostly to the region I grew up in...serious redneck country. Nascar is king and Budweiser is queen...or vice a versa. Part of my rebellion phase that I never grew out of. I do like some country rock...Eagles...a lot of Southern Rock...Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Bros., Molly Hatchet etc.

I totally agree Kiss and Alice Cooper are the kings of Spectacle...even sans makeup Kiss put on an elaborate stage show with all the fixings. I have never seen Kiss live with makeup...and sadly I probably never will Crying or Very sad
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue May 19, 2009 6:15 pm

ccordova2 wrote:see now are you looking for stage show or just a good memorable concert/show?

just a band that formed in the last 5 to 10 years that really do an awesome stage show. One that involves the audience and makes them remember it forever
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Tue May 19, 2009 6:35 pm

marilyn manson... down.. black label society (yea im picking my fav live shows from 'newer' bands) some others but thier all veteran bands, queensryche, slayer, ozzy, black sabbith w/ozzy, judas priest, pantera, megadeth...
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Tue May 19, 2009 7:08 pm

ccordova2 wrote:marilyn manson... down.. black label society (yea im picking my fav live shows from 'newer' bands) some others but thier all veteran bands, queensryche, slayer, ozzy, black sabbith w/ozzy, judas priest, pantera, megadeth...

See, you can't think of any new bands since 2000 that are kicking an awesome stage show out! That's what we'ze saying!
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Tue May 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Eric wrote:Might not be something you would consider "new" since they starting in like the early 90s, but TOOL is putting on one hell of a stage show. I have seen them twice and been blown away both times by the visuals and the stage presence of the band. Plus, drum solo both times.

Amon Amarth is one of those black metal bands who put on kind of a show with the synchronized headbanging and they do the Viking sort of look.

Dimmu Borgir do the ghoul paint thing and wear all leather and armor and stuff.

Tool scares the absolute crap out of me. I like some of their more mainstream stuff like "Schism" but most of their stuff just sounds like Blu Man Group to me, such heavy bass and lack of melody. And Maynard James Keenan is a freeeeeeeeeeeak! but deliberately so.
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Tue May 19, 2009 7:10 pm

ravenous wrote:Great show guys. Wow two mainstream songs! I think that one would be hard pressed to beat a KISS stage show. I can think of a few country stage shows that are pretty cool but Mike might slap me if I mention them here.
    Kiss INVENTED the awesome stage show.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:25 am