The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

5 posters

Rock Dungeon 23 I love the smell of podcast in the Morning

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 23 I love the smell of podcast in the Morning Empty Rock Dungeon 23 I love the smell of podcast in the Morning

Post  Michael Sun May 31, 2009 8:29 pm

Podcast 23 likes to hang out in your laundry hamper, hoping and praying for just a sniff of some soiled underclothes, and when you are gone, it dances around the house, using a bra as a jump rope and wearing your thong on it's head like a surgeons mask. Paul pops in for a visit, Heath and Mike debate a possible new Queen vocalist and we hear from the Metal Prospector. Hey look, you mark your underwear the same as I do… yellow for the front and brown for the back

Get it Here

NOW WITH DETAILED SHOTES!

Music Played:

Dream Theater: Burning My Soul, from the album Falling Into Infinity
    Buy it from Amazon

Doro: Kiss of Death, from the album Warlock: Triumph and Agony
    Buy it from Amazon

Misfits: Saturday Night, from the album Famous Monsters
    Buy it from Amazon

Vanishing Point: Hollow, from the album Embrace the Silence
    Buy it from Amazon

Jeff Beck: A Day in the Life
    Buy it from Amazon

and here is the startling picture of DORO!
    Rock Dungeon 23 I love the smell of podcast in the Morning Doroim11

Last edited by Michael on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Rock Dungeon 23 I love the smell of podcast in the Morning Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 23 I love the smell of podcast in the Morning

Post  ccordova2 Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:10 am

Michael wrote:Podcast 23 likes to hang out in your laundry hamper, hoping and praying for just a sniff of some soiled underclothes, and when you are gone, it dances around the house, using a bra as a jump rope and wearing your thong on it's head like a surgeons mask. Paul pops in for a visit, Heath and Mike debate a possible new Queen vocalist and we hear from the Metal Prospector. Hey look, you mark your underwear the same as I do… yellow for the front and brown for the back

Get it Here
    i was called out!!!!! ? was the name of that video? Twisted Evil

great show guys!! damn paul keeps interuppting shit!! great songs!!

still wondering why you turn down my screaming in the night request but hey thats the way it goes.. Razz

queen is not queen w/o freddy mercury & so shouldn keep touring as such...

the misfits w/o danzig are not the misfits! in my opinion they dont even stack up.

i love early-mid 80's hardcore! LOVE IT!!

so what you gonna do brother when i bring these pythons down on you!!! Shocked
    Eric
    Eric

Rock Dungeon 23 I love the smell of podcast in the Morning Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 23 I love the smell of podcast in the Morning

Post  Eric Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:59 am

Great, fun episode guys. thanks for the love with the Dream Theater. Surprised Mike didn't mention the cover songs on one of the discs on that 3CD set. Or did you not see the thread I posted?

I already have that IQ cd Mike mentioned in the new releases. In came out a month ago in the UK and I have connections. It's good stuff.

I heard about that CD that's coming out with the novel a while ago on a prog rock forum I lurk on. Can't remember the name of that one, but I thought it did sound like an interesting experiment. Apparently the book is full of references to all kinds of classic prog bands and songs.

I enjoyed all the music again this time, well except that new Misfits. I am in the camp that Misfits is not Misfits without Danzig. And what do you guys mean the music was all dark and no fun? They had tons of songs about old horror movies and just silly, fun, horror themed songs. 20 Eyes, Return of the Fly, Teenagers From Mars, I Turned Into A Martian, Astro Zombies and so much more were fun. Sure they had a couple dark moments in a couple songs but I think they always had their tongues firmly planted in cheeks. And they always had the 50s rock meets punk sound.

I can't remember that name of that band Mike talked about that was from Australia, but I liked it.
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:43 pm

Eric, I will give you the point about the Misfits. Their older stuff did have plenty of fun in it. The whole idea of it was that it was supposed to be so over the top that it was ridiculous and funny. Laughably crude. But I do still prefer the later stuff. I will admit to mis-speaking about them being more tongue in cheek though. It was the same goal in the music.

Carlos, that's what I'm saying about Queen! No Freddie = No Queen. Call them Brian May's Queen or something, and I'll have no problem with it.
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:29 pm

Haven't finished listening, but post-Danzig Misfits better than with Danzig? You guys are f'n crazy. Early Misfits are the real deal, later stuff doesn't hold a candle. That's it, I quit!
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:39 pm

NSFW

Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:57 pm

dbm wrote:Haven't finished listening, but post-Danzig Misfits better than with Danzig? You guys are f'n crazy. Early Misfits are the real deal, later stuff doesn't hold a candle. That's it, I quit!

You know what...the Michael Graves was the first Misfits I was exposed to...thus my liking for it...I think most of what I like about it is the production...the production on the Danzig stuff is shit...muddy, mixed very badly...yeah the songs are ok and humerous...but I just have a hard time getting past the production.

Sorry we lost you DBM
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:02 pm

Eric wrote:Great, fun episode guys. thanks for the love with the Dream Theater. Surprised Mike didn't mention the cover songs on one of the discs on that 3CD set. Or did you not see the thread I posted?

I already have that IQ cd Mike mentioned in the new releases. In came out a month ago in the UK and I have connections. It's good stuff.

I heard about that CD that's coming out with the novel a while ago on a prog rock forum I lurk on. Can't remember the name of that one, but I thought it did sound like an interesting experiment. Apparently the book is full of references to all kinds of classic prog bands and songs.

I can't remember that name of that band Mike talked about that was from Australia, but I liked it.

Sorry so late in posting but I was having issues trying to load Rock Dungeon for the past week...I could get to the log in but then it would hang and not do anything...seems to be fixed now...or my computer is over it;s hissy fit not sure

The name of the band is Vanishing Point and I was pretty sure you would like them...they are awesome and the vocalist is a refreshing breath of fresh air from the high pitched screamy ones...you shuld check them out...I am sure Helmut can hook you up...if not let me know

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 5:03 am