The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

3 posters

Rock Dungeon 81: Super Mario Gets Off On Rock

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 81: Super Mario Gets Off  On Rock Empty Rock Dungeon 81: Super Mario Gets Off On Rock

Post  Michael Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:51 pm

Welcome to episode 81 of the Rock Dungeon podcast. Today the boys are having a good time talking about kids, video games and ass kicking. After about 10 minutes they finally play a song sent in by Greg and need to figure out how to decide who is going to get to buy it. This episode is brought to you by Razzleberry Peace Tea. Halestorm is played and well and the boys decide to get off the subject and listen to another Rock and Roll Trivia from the Mighty Aaron and suck pretty badly at it. The Tantric Prog master Keith also sent in a song that was inspired by last episode and Carlos highlights eppy 81 with a voicemail about concept albums and proceeds to wow Wade and Mike with a spot on rendition of Screaming in the Night by Krokus. Where do the boys go after that... well you will need to listen to find out.

Get It Here

Music Clips:

Skindred - Sector
    Halestorm - I Get Off
    The Aquabats - Radio Down (New)
    John Norum - Ditch Queen
    Sully Erna - Until Then
    The Doughboys - Tuesday Afternoon
    TRIVIA
    Danko Jones - Still In High School
    Affinity - Yes Man
    CARLOS VOICE MAIL
    Queensryche - Spreading The Disease
    The Vision Bleak - By The Black Book Of Seth
    Russell Allen/Jorn Lande - Never Again (New)
    A Day To Remember - All I Want
    Spike - Have A Drink On Me
    Rev Theory - Justice (New)
    The Mariana Hollow - Come Undone
    Mike1973
    Mike1973

Rock Dungeon 81: Super Mario Gets Off  On Rock Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 81: Super Mario Gets Off On Rock

Post  Mike1973 Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:09 pm

Great episode, guys BUT...nah, I'm just kidding! I've already told you, you guys RAWK!!

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 81: Super Mario Gets Off  On Rock Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 81: Super Mario Gets Off On Rock

Post  Michael Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:18 am

Mike1973 wrote:Great episode, guys BUT...nah, I'm just kidding! I've already told you, you guys RAWK!!

Thank you sir... We try... You RAWK also and you really need to do a segment for each episode. The Tantric Prog Master speaks... I will even make you a bumper... You can talk about Prog Rock or Tantric Sex your choice. cheers
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:55 pm

Great to hear some Aquabats on the show, one of my favorite bands. I've been keeping them in my back pocket anticipating the listener show where I can break them out. Obviously I'm still waiting. They are definitely Ska Punk as you pointed out and all of their songs are fully loaded with humor. While the newer stuff is ok, in my opinion Fury of the Aquabats is their best effort. It's definitely in my top 10. Actually caught them on that tour with Reel Big Fish when they came to KC last month. Their shows are always fun although I missed the horns on this one. Didn't really care for Reel Big Fish though. Enjoyed the rest of the episode as well just pleasantly surprised to hear these guys.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:26 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:Great to hear some Aquabats on the show, one of my favorite bands. I've been keeping them in my back pocket anticipating the listener show where I can break them out. Obviously I'm still waiting. They are definitely Ska Punk as you pointed out and all of their songs are fully loaded with humor. While the newer stuff is ok, in my opinion Fury of the Aquabats is their best effort. It's definitely in my top 10. Actually caught them on that tour with Reel Big Fish when they came to KC last month. Their shows are always fun although I missed the horns on this one. Didn't really care for Reel Big Fish though. Enjoyed the rest of the episode as well just pleasantly surprised to hear these guys.

Ok... we need to play one of your favorite bands to get you to post. Ok can you email me a list of your favorite bands so we can "surprise" you like that every week? I have only heard one song by Reel Big Fish and I loved it. Unfortunately Wade popped it in his cart before I could so he has dibs but has not bought any yet. I am also a huge fan of the Cherry Poppin' Daddies and the RBF song I heard reminded me of them. Thanks for listening.
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:26 am

That concert was the first time I've ever heard any Reel Big Fish so I am most likely selling them short as I do most bands the first time I hear them. Could be a bad sign though that I'm not a fan of Cherry Poppin' Daddy's either. I think they both might be just a little too polished for me, not sure though. Definitely need to listen to a little more of both.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:47 am