The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

3 posters

Rock Dungeon 58: I'll Tale Rock Star Birthdays For A $1000 Alex

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 58: I'll Tale Rock Star Birthdays For A $1000 Alex Empty Rock Dungeon 58: I'll Tale Rock Star Birthdays For A $1000 Alex

Post  Michael Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:02 pm

The boys are celebrating some birthdays Wade's and Chris' so much birthday cheer and cake for everyone. You need to sign up for Icake to get your cake download. News is gone and the boys do what they do best and talk about music and then they talk about more music and Aaron has a trivia and we have a flashback and an under the bed a pimping and a new segment... the 2nd loudest guitar in the world. It is appropriate that the podcast ends where we talk about the passing of a couple rock stars. So love it like it's your brother from another mother.

Get It Here

Music Clips:
    The Creepshow - Sell Your Soul
    NOFX - Happy Birthday
    Tom Waits - Jockey Full Of Bourbon
    The Mothers - Happy Together
    Duff McKagen - Flatline
    Fallen On September - This Goodbye Is Forever
    The Mutilators - Dreams Of Torture
    The Red List - What You Say
    Heidvolke - Nehallenia
    Ozzy Osbourne - Let Me Hear You Scream
    Jeff Beck - There's No Other Me
    Mary J Blige - Whole Lotta Love
    The 69 Eyes - Brandon Lee
    Airbourne - My Dynamite Will Blow You Sky High and Leave You Moaning After Midnight
    The Monkees - Saturday's Child
    Saving Abel - New Tattoo
    TRIVIA
    The Hellbillys - Blood On His Hand
    Le Mans - Addicted
    Grim Reaper - See You In Hell
    Paul Gilbert - Girl Crazy
    Michale Graves - The Best Of Me
    Acid Tiger - Dark Hands
    2Cents - Love Like A Riot
    The Ocean - Swallowed By The Earth
    Flatfoot 56 - Courage
    Slash - Nothing To Say
    Ghost Of A Saber-Tooth Tiger - Rainbows In Gasoline
    Type O Negative - Summer Breeze
    Pretty Boy Floyd - Rock N Roll (Is Gonna Set The Night On Fire)
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Rock Dungeon 58: I'll Tale Rock Star Birthdays For A $1000 Alex Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 58: I'll Tale Rock Star Birthdays For A $1000 Alex

Post  Crimson Pig Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:46 pm

I don't know what I did to rate two tunes, but that was an awesome birthday present. Both were great. Happy together brings me back to a simpler time when all I had was an am radio and there was only one music station on it. An oldies station that seemed to play this tune every hour. It was the only one that stuck. Jockey Full of Bourbon was an awesome pick too, definitely one of my favorite Waits tunes, although I'm going to have to scratch that off my drinking song list now. You nailed two of my favorite live albums there too, Filmore East and Kiss Alive are at the top of my list.

Although I'm not going to be rushing out to get the CD, I thought the Ozzy tune was great. Honestly, the last Ozzy album I listened to was Bark at the Moon, which is kind of why I stopped buying them. I find it hard to believe that is even him singing. How is it possible that he is so articulate on this song but can't utter a single legible word in normal conversation?

I thought the Mary J Blige song was good for what it was but probably would have liked it more if it was a different tune, not a big fan of that one. I think I've just heard it way too many times.

I'm all for the format change. Whatever makes it easier for you works for me, as long as it keeps the show going. Just keep in the Music and the banter and it will all be golden.

I do have to commend you both on your awesome display of musical prowess. I am in awe of your knowledge. Great intro too as always.
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 58: I'll Tale Rock Star Birthdays For A $1000 Alex Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 58: I'll Tale Rock Star Birthdays For A $1000 Alex

Post  Michael Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:56 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:I don't know what I did to rate two tunes, but that was an awesome birthday present. Both were great. Happy together brings me back to a simpler time when all I had was an am radio and there was only one music station on it. An oldies station that seemed to play this tune every hour. It was the only one that stuck. Jockey Full of Bourbon was an awesome pick too, definitely one of my favorite Waits tunes, although I'm going to have to scratch that off my drinking song list now. You nailed two of my favorite live albums there too, Filmore East and Kiss Alive are at the top of my list.

Although I'm not going to be rushing out to get the CD, I thought the Ozzy tune was great. Honestly, the last Ozzy album I listened to was Bark at the Moon, which is kind of why I stopped buying them. I find it hard to believe that is even him singing. How is it possible that he is so articulate on this song but can't utter a single legible word in normal conversation?

I thought the Mary J Blige song was good for what it was but probably would have liked it more if it was a different tune, not a big fan of that one. I think I've just heard it way too many times.

I'm all for the format change. Whatever makes it easier for you works for me, as long as it keeps the show going. Just keep in the Music and the banter and it will all be golden.

I do have to commend you both on your awesome display of musical prowess. I am in awe of your knowledge. Great intro too as always.

Hey Chris... glad you enjoyed your birthday "present" it was pretty awesome to be giving it also... I love the Ozzy song and will probably be buying the new cd right away. That song has been in my head since we did the episode. I am not surprised that he can sing and not talk... different part of the brain... other examples Mel Tillis and Bob Dylan...

Everybody that has commented... through here or by texting me have loved the Mary Blige version... one listener even went and bought it.

Yeah check in with eppy 59 more than a format change coming... Thank you fopr acknowledging Wade's intros... he puts some work into them and most of the time he knocks it out of the park... as far as my knowledge goes... well when Wade and I first got into music we each had a box full of index cards with every musician we owned on them and what bands they played in and actually had the audacity to "rate" them as to who was good and who was bad... yeah at 13 what did we know... A lot of that knowledge of who played where has stuck... now we do not do that... whichis sad I would love to have time to do that again from my 30 years later perspective.

Once again Chris thanks for listening
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:50 pm

well the new ozzy song isnt that bad at all! it is like the more old school ozzy days! now im a fan of the Zakk years, specially because Zakk had become such a important part of the writing process. so to hear a Zakk-less ozzy album is a nice choice for the ozzman and i think he'll be the better for it! Also Zakk will continue to put out amazing music so its all good in this fans eyes..
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:37 pm

ccordova2 wrote:well the new ozzy song isnt that bad at all! it is like the more old school ozzy days! now im a fan of the Zakk years, specially because Zakk had become such a important part of the writing process. so to hear a Zakk-less ozzy album is a nice choice for the ozzman and i think he'll be the better for it! Also Zakk will continue to put out amazing music so its all good in this fans eyes..

I totally agree Carlos... I think the change needed to be done... now I am not letting Ozzy out of the douchebag tree because the way Zakk found out was still really crappy... But this song is such a throwback to what I originally loved about Ozzy...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:24 am