The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

+4
ccordova2
Heath
Luke
Michael
8 posters

Rock Dungeon 19-This podcast made the Kessel Run in under 12 Parsecs

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 19-This podcast made the Kessel Run in under 12 Parsecs Empty Rock Dungeon 19-This podcast made the Kessel Run in under 12 Parsecs

Post  Michael Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:16 pm

Episode 19 took its life savings to Reno and bet it all on roulette, choosing Black 7.

Black 7 did not win.

Episode 19 is now homeless on the street, scouring trash cans for half eaten sandwiches and wilted scraps of lettuce beneath the used condoms and coffee grounds, offering to wash windshields for a quarter and soliciting strangers for donations with the incentive of a sexual favor.

Join us as we talk about Big Cock (!), soft spoken men from the Netherlands who can put you to sleep faster than an audio book read by Sam Elliot, plus an unexpected Heaven and Hell review and the usual highlights of douche-baggery, cunning wordplay, and derring do.

Please remember, though, we will work for food. Well, not for food, but for CDs. There's nothing we won't do.

Even you.

Get It Here
    Luke

Rock Dungeon 19-This podcast made the Kessel Run in under 12 Parsecs Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 19-This podcast made the Kessel Run in under 12 Parsecs

Post  Luke Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:26 pm

The Donnas and Dio in one show? Awesome. Too bad you had to bring the quality down by playing Thin Lizzie. HEYO!!!

I remember when they played "Take it Off" by the Donnas ALL THE TIME on the radio. I always wanted to check out more of their music but never did. I should do an iTunes search.

A buddy of mine is a vinyl collector. But he's actually a few years older than me so he's doesn't fall into the "it's a novelty" category. I think he's actually one of those guys who thinks the sound quality is a little better and likes the larger size for the artwork. Of course, I'm not 100 percent sure he even owns a turntable, so who knows.
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 19-This podcast made the Kessel Run in under 12 Parsecs Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 19-This podcast made the Kessel Run in under 12 Parsecs

Post  Michael Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:40 pm

Luke wrote:The Donnas and Dio in one show? Awesome. Too bad you had to bring the quality down by playing Thin Lizzie. HEYO!!!

affraid Crying or Very sad
    Luke

Post  Luke Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:43 pm

Sorry man, but for an Internet forum this place has been surprisingly controversy-free, so I figured I needed to stir up the hornet's nest a bit.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:47 pm

Luke wrote:
    I remember when they played "Take it Off" by the Donnas ALL THE TIME on the radio. I always wanted to check out more of their music but never did. I should do an iTunes search.

A buddy of mine is a vinyl collector. But he's actually a few years older than me so he's doesn't fall into the "it's a novelty" category. I think he's actually one of those guys who thinks the sound quality is a little better and likes the larger size for the artwork. Of course, I'm not 100 percent sure he even owns a turntable, so who knows.

See...I do not remember the song..Take It Off....but the lurid fantasys that pop into my heads..after seeing them...and then realizing that they were 16 Embarassed and then realizing that they were of age now so its ok Twisted Evil I need to go youtubing for some Donnas clips

I have about 1800 albums..still. I guess now would be the time to sell. As I said or Heath said in the podcast..I think the sound difference is minimal at best...but the artwork and what they used to do with gatefold sleeves was a thing of beauty...that cannot be duplicated in CD

You are so on the ball a gold clef note for you because you had the first post Very Happy
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:49 pm

Luke wrote:Sorry man, but for an Internet forum this place has been surprisingly controversy-free, so I figured I needed to stir up the hornet's nest a bit.

Thats ok...music is as music does...what did you think of the Jorn song at the end...And do you like Big Cock?
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:30 pm

Luke wrote:The Donnas and Dio in one show? Awesome. Too bad you had to bring the quality down by playing Thin Lizzie. HEYO!!!

Have him record an audio comment on why vinyl is better. We'd totally play it.
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:30 pm

Luke wrote:Sorry man, but for an Internet forum this place has been surprisingly controversy-free, so I figured I needed to stir up the hornet's nest a bit.
    Well, we've decided you can put naked people in the hotties thread. Are nipples controversial enough?
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:33 pm

Michael wrote:
    Luke wrote:

See...I do not remember the song..Take It Off....but the lurid fantasys that pop into my heads..after seeing them...and then realizing that they were 16 Embarassed and then realizing that they were of age now so its ok Twisted Evil I need to go youtubing for some Donnas clips

I have about 1800 albums..still. I guess now would be the time to sell. As I said or Heath said in the podcast..I think the sound difference is minimal at best...but the artwork and what they used to do with gatefold sleeves was a thing of beauty...that cannot be duplicated in CD

You are so on the ball a gold clef note for you because you had the first post Very Happy

Here's a link to the video for Take It Off. Pay close attention to the lyrics. She's usin' that man for booty!
    Luke

Post  Luke Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:46 pm

Michael wrote:

Thats ok...music is as music does...what did you think of the Jorn song at the end...And do you like Big Cock?

I liked the Jorn song. And I think Big Cock is great. I mean... Dammit! Now I can never run for Congress!

And seriously, I do like Thin Lizzie.
    Luke

Post  Luke Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:46 pm

Heath wrote:Have him record an audio comment on why vinyl is better. We'd totally play it.

I'll talk to him about it.
    Luke

Post  Luke Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:49 pm

Heath wrote:Well, we've decided you can put naked people in the hotties thread. Are nipples controversial enough?

Depends. Are they hot chick nipples, or man nips? The latter can get pretty hairy -- literally -- so that would be pretty dang controversial. The former isn't so much "controversial" as it is "necessary."
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:05 pm

i like me some donnas!! & love that dio song!! kick ass!

& i agree albums need to start off w/a kick to the balls!! Shocked
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Fri May 01, 2009 5:21 am

Luke wrote:
    Michael wrote:

I liked the Jorn song. And I think Big Cock is great. I mean... Dammit! Now I can never run for Congress!

And seriously, I do like Thin Lizzie.

It's ok if you are referring to your own BC...then you are just bragging and can still run for congress
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Fri May 01, 2009 5:23 am

ccordova2 wrote:i like me some donnas!! & love that dio song!! kick ass!

& i agree albums need to start off w/a kick to the balls!! Shocked

I would rather have a punch in the face ...than a kick to the balls...but that's just me...I have said right along that you are a hard man Carlos Twisted Evil
    Eric
    Eric

Post  Eric Fri May 01, 2009 6:14 am

Great music picks all around guys. And I was happy you had a douchebag this time. But what's with the defending of Axl? Sure that drummer is just talking shit, but Axl is a first class douche himself.
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Fri May 01, 2009 8:22 am

steven adler forgets he got kickd outta guns cuz he was trying to smuggle junk across state lines. he wasnt drumming crap & thats why use your illusions wouldnt have been better with him! Mad
    ravenous
    ravenous

Post  ravenous Fri May 01, 2009 12:44 pm

Great episode and great music. I enjoyed all the songs. I never heard The Donna's on the radio around here. I was browsing one day and I liked their sound.

I think that the reason that vinyl is becoming popular is that things are slowing down a bit and people are getting away from quantity and back to quality. Music is something that people are 'experiencing' and not just listening to on the fly. I mentioned in my audio comment that I used to buy an album and sit down and listen to it and it was my entertainment for the evening. No TV or books or games, just the album. I think that vinyl really lends itself to that and maybe that is why it is becoming popular again.
    My 2 cents.
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Fri May 01, 2009 11:20 pm

Eric wrote:Great music picks all around guys. And I was happy you had a douchebag this time. But what's with the defending of Axl? Sure that drummer is just talking shit, but Axl is a first class douche himself.
    Wait till episode 20, dude. Axl makes has something to say.
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Fri May 01, 2009 11:22 pm

ravenous wrote:Great episode and great music. I enjoyed all the songs. I never heard The Donna's on the radio around here. I was browsing one day and I liked their sound.

I think that the reason that vinyl is becoming popular is that things are slowing down a bit and people are getting away from quantity and back to quality. Music is something that people are 'experiencing' and not just listening to on the fly. I mentioned in my audio comment that I used to buy an album and sit down and listen to it and it was my entertainment for the evening. No TV or books or games, just the album. I think that vinyl really lends itself to that and maybe that is why it is becoming popular again.
    My 2 cents.
    And your 2 cents are worth about 20 bucks around here. Thanks for weighing in. And we haven't forgotten all of your advice on how to make the show better (the Amazon store, the links on a show notes page, etc) we just haven't really had time to implement them. I hope the be able to sit down this coming week and start working on some of that. I just have so many irons in the fire, including a new podcast I'm working on....
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Mon May 04, 2009 7:10 am

What!!!!!!!!!!!! another podcast.

Poor Lindy...another night without Heath.

ANd i really need to stop with the Star Wars undertagging of episodes.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Mon May 04, 2009 7:13 am

ravenous wrote:Great episode and great music. I enjoyed all the songs. I never heard The Donna's on the radio around here. I was browsing one day and I liked their sound.

My 2 cents.

Well I live close to Canada so your two cents is worth about 27.50 Canadian to me. What was the last album you purchased...do you remember?
    Mrpalmer420
    Mrpalmer420

Post  Mrpalmer420 Tue May 05, 2009 1:59 pm

Ok Fuckers, You go and close the only other forums that I am a member of, I was having some beautiful conversations with myself in there, But i guess i will stay as neutral on this matter as SWEDEN?!?!?!?! Great show guys, Billy Corigan is pretty much an ass, but man do i like most of his music. But i think that can be said by So many other musicians as well. If i started boycotting musicians for being assholes i probably would just be listening to the dead. Wait maybe i do just listen to the dead.

hello is this thing on,

There was something else i was going to mention,

Oh c;mon, lets not get down on the Fucking Misfits, between them and Black Flag and Minor Threat i would never have gotten into Punk.

And drummer jokes may be a dime a dozen but without the trained ear, some cannot even pick up the sounds of a bass, while you will always know a driving drum beat. Not saying that is right or wrong, but i know more drummers then I do bassist.
    ravenous
    ravenous

Post  ravenous Tue May 05, 2009 4:19 pm

Michael wrote: What was the last album you purchased...do you remember?

If you're talking vinyl then it had to be KISS Hot In the Shade.
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Tue May 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Mrpalmer420 wrote:Ok Fuckers, You go and close the only other forums that I am a member of, I was having some beautiful conversations with myself in there, But i guess i will stay as neutral on this matter as SWEDEN?!?!?!?! Great show guys, Billy Corigan is pretty much an ass, but man do i like most of his music. But i think that can be said by So many other musicians as well. If i started boycotting musicians for being assholes i probably would just be listening to the dead. Wait maybe i do just listen to the dead.

hello is this thing on,

There was something else i was going to mention,

Oh c;mon, lets not get down on the Fucking Misfits, between them and Black Flag and Minor Threat i would never have gotten into Punk.

And drummer jokes may be a dime a dozen but without the trained ear, some cannot even pick up the sounds of a bass, while you will always know a driving drum beat. Not saying that is right or wrong, but i know more drummers then I do bassist.

Sweden? Huh?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:19 am