The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

+3
Lord Shaper
ccordova2
Michael
7 posters

Rock Dungeon 57: Covered in Kisses and Baked

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 57: Covered in Kisses and Baked Empty Rock Dungeon 57: Covered in Kisses and Baked

Post  Michael Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:46 pm

The boys play like an oldies radio station from Bizarro World. That's right this is the mighty 1960's cover episode we have all been waiting for. You know it's going to be good when Wade does like a half-baked intro. There is mucho listener content. Listen as TJ breaks the rules...or bends them for his WIZARD, Lord Shaper says no, I need to play two cover songs and he does while being at a Teaparty, Newcomer Barb get's 2 because she changed her mind and Mike was not sure if he played the right one or not... plus her other choice was way too cool to not be included. We are sitting on needles and pins while listening to Greg's choice, the smell of cinnamon was in the air during Chris' choice and AAron told us to Kiss off 2000 times. Michael plays a lot of Paul Gilbert in his master plan to further drag more into the lair of El Gilberto. No regular stuff... all covers baby... enjoy

Get It Here

Music Clips

Joan Jett - Love Me Two Times
    Iron Maiden - My Generation
    John Lennon - Stand By Me
    Queensryche - For What It's Worth
    Blue Oyster Cult - Be My Baby
    Hammer Of The Gods - Livin' Lovin' Maid
    Social Distortion - Under My Thumb
    David Lee Roth - Tobacco Road
    Ramones - Needles And Pins
    London - Oh Darling
    Tribe Of Gypsies - I'm A Man
    Iggy Pop - Shakin' All Over
    Yellow Matter Custard - I Call Your Name
    Pride And Glory - The Wizard
    Ramones - Surfin' Bird
    Waysted - Somebody To Love
    The Damned - White Rabbit
    Damage Control - Piece Of My Heart
    Gary Oldman - My Way
    Megadeth - I Ain't Superstitious
    Neal Morse - The Letter
    Tesla - We Can Work It Out
    The Tea Party - Paint It Black
    Gary Moore - Friday On My Mind
    Paul Gilbert - Highway Chile
    Type O Negative - Cinnamon Girl
    The Groovie Ghoulies - Betty Jean
    Gotthard - Hush
    Richie Kotzen - I Want You Back
    Talas - Stop! In The Name Of Love
    Tank - Chain Of Fools
    Social Distortion - Ring Of Fire
    Black Label Society - Whiter Shade Of Pale
    Amazing Journey - Pictures Of Lily
    Kiss - 2000 Man
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Rock Dungeon 57: Covered in Kisses and Baked Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 57: Covered in Kisses and Baked

Post  ccordova2 Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:38 pm

A damn good episode filled with damn good music!!!!!!!!!!!
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 57: Covered in Kisses and Baked Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 57: Covered in Kisses and Baked

Post  Michael Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:58 pm

ccordova2 wrote:A damn good episode filled with damn good music!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the drive-bye Carlos
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:23 am

Loving it guys!

I had no clue when Thin Lizzy recorded The Boys are Back in Town... I was ready for that fuckup...

Also I love that version of Cinnamon Girl... I knew it was a cover but I had who or when it was originally done.

Thanks again guys for a great episode!
    ALLROY
    ALLROY

Post  ALLROY Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:15 pm

Another great show guys, I think I can safely say that I enjoyed every song on this episode!Loved the Joan Jett song. Never heard that Queensryche song before but dug it(Geoff Tates voice is unmistakable). Tribe of Gypsies was pretty funky! The Waysted song rocked (another good song in my opinion is Hurts so Good...I heard it on a compilation cassette years ago and it still plays inside my head). Agreed....the Tea Party was awesome!!!More Groovie Ghoulies! Looking forward to next episode! \m/
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:32 pm

Got to agree with the masses. It was a great show built on a great idea. It's hard to go wrong with a cover song, although Mr. Gilbert gave it his best shot. In my opinion the best of show were Queensryche's cover of "For What it's Worth", Social Distortion's cover of "Under My Thumb", and The Tea Party's cover of "Paint it Black". More than the others, I thought they all took great songs and made them their own. I've never heard of The Tea Party but I know now that I've got to hear more. That song was incredible.
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:01 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:Got to agree with the masses. It was a great show built on a great idea. It's hard to go wrong with a cover song, although Mr. Gilbert gave it his best shot. In my opinion the best of show were Queensryche's cover of "For What it's Worth", Social Distortion's cover of "Under My Thumb", and The Tea Party's cover of "Paint it Black". More than the others, I thought they all took great songs and made them their own. I've never heard of The Tea Party but I know now that I've got to hear more. That song was incredible.

Good to hear you liked the show buddy. You make sure you tune in for what's next to come.... got some good stuff planned. And by the way, Happy Birthday Monday. Some Great People where Born in April.
    Barb
    Barb

Post  Barb Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:06 am

Again, I'm a little late in posting but I really wanted to say how much I loved this episode. It was great fun listening to all the covers and there were definitely some surprises in there. Thanks Mike for finding a way to sneak both of my choices in there since I do love both those songs. And the Gary Oldman cover was fine! The only decent Sid version I have found is that video I sent to you. Everyone submitted some awesome choices with a lot of variety and that made for a wonderful listen. Thanks!
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:41 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:Got to agree with the masses. It was a great show built on a great idea. It's hard to go wrong with a cover song, although Mr. Gilbert gave it his best shot. In my opinion the best of show were Queensryche's cover of "For What it's Worth", Social Distortion's cover of "Under My Thumb", and The Tea Party's cover of "Paint it Black". More than the others, I thought they all took great songs and made them their own. I've never heard of The Tea Party but I know now that I've got to hear more. That song was incredible.

Man, are you are taking shots at El Gilberto... I will let it slide because you just had a birthday and you are stressed out from getting older... keep it up though and the gloves are off Suspect

The Teaparty are a great band... I have four of their cds... once again a mass purchase and they were put aside. That is the problem with buying a lot of cds... stuff slips through the crack and does not get a proper listen.

I am glad you enjoyed the eppy... it was a fun one to do
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:43 pm

Barb wrote:Again, I'm a little late in posting but I really wanted to say how much I loved this episode. It was great fun listening to all the covers and there were definitely some surprises in there. Thanks Mike for finding a way to sneak both of my choices in there since I do love both those songs. And the Gary Oldman cover was fine! The only decent Sid version I have found is that video I sent to you. Everyone submitted some awesome choices with a lot of variety and that made for a wonderful listen. Thanks!

I am awesomed that you listened again... the SD cover of Ring of Fire was to awesome to leave off... I really do not think of it as sneaking more of catering to a good friend cheers
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:45 pm

ALLROY wrote:Another great show guys, I think I can safely say that I enjoyed every song on this episode!Loved the Joan Jett song. Never heard that Queensryche song before but dug it(Geoff Tates voice is unmistakable). Tribe of Gypsies was pretty funky! The Waysted song rocked (another good song in my opinion is Hurts so Good...I heard it on a compilation cassette years ago and it still plays inside my head). Agreed....the Tea Party was awesome!!!More Groovie Ghoulies! Looking forward to next episode! \m/

You... unlike your brother have amazing taste in music Razz I am excited that you enjoyed every song... that makes me happy. Somebody that was totally pleased ... but did it make you spend money?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:50 am