The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

5 posters

Rock Dungeon 64: CC B. Demille Presents - That Epic Seventies Show

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 64: CC B. Demille Presents - That Epic Seventies Show Empty Rock Dungeon 64: CC B. Demille Presents - That Epic Seventies Show

Post  Michael Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:37 pm

Presented for your listening pleasure is Wade and Mike's homage to that fantastic decade of Leisure Suits, Lava Lamps, Disco, Hip Huggers, Bell Bottoms, Star Wars and sex without consequences. The boys dig deep and ride long into the night bringing you several layers of seventies songs redone. They have ten songs suggested by listeners and over forty of their own. Three and a half hours of 70s joy. Dig out your disco ball and enjoy.

Get It Here

Music Clips:
    Live - Imagine (John Lennon)
    Neal Morse - Crazy Horses (The Osmonds)
    Pantera - Cat Scratch Fever (Ted Nugent)
    Sign Of 4 - Clap Hands (Tom Waites)
    Fifteen - Rainbow Connection (Kermit The Frog)
    Offspring - Sin City (AC/DC)
    Dream Theater - Love Lies Bleeding (Elton John)
    Briar - The Boys Are Back In Town (Thin Lizzy)
    The Sundays - Wild Horses (The Rolling Stones)
    The Revolting Cocks - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy (Rod Stewart)
    Smoking Popes - Pure Imagination (Willie Wonka)
    Jorn - Naked City (Kiss)
    The 69 Eyes - Is It My Body (Alice Cooper)
    Queensryche - Welcome To The Machine (Pink Floyd)
    5 Finger Death Punch - Bad Company (Bad Company)
    Pink - Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen)
    Dee Snider/Zakk Wylde - Go To Hell (Alice Cooper)
    Bronx Casket Company - Freebird (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
    Morning Wood - One Of These Nights (Eagles)
    Foo Fighters - Baker Street (Gerry Rafferty)
    Powerman 5000 - Let The Good Times Roll (Cars)
    Paul Gilbert - I Feel The Earth Move (Carole King)
    Nashville Pussy - Rock and Roll Hootchie Coo (Rick Derringer)
    Taking Dawn - The Chain (Fleetwood Mac)
    Leslie King - D'yer Maker (Led Zeppelin)
    Anthrax - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Black Sabbath)
    Lana Lane - The Wall (Kansas)
    Sean Lennon - Would I Be The One (T.Rex)
    Ronnie Dio/Yngwie Malmsteen - Dream On (Aerosmith)
    HIM - Don't Fear The Reaper (Blue Oyster Cult)
    Overkill - Deuce (Kiss)
    Iron Maiden - Kill Me Ce Soir (Golden Earring)
    The Damned - Ballroom Blitz (The Sweet)
    Mr. Big - 30 Days In The Hole (Humble Pie)
    Type O Negative - Summer Breeze (Seals and Crofts)
    Denny Laine - Band On The Run (Wings)
    Keel - Because The Night (Patti Smith)
    Pearl Jam - Love Reign O'er Me (The Who)
    Phil Lewis - Fat Bottom Girls (Queen)
    Anthrax - The Cowboy Song (Thin Lizzy)
    Savatage - Wishing Well (Free)
    Theory Of A Deadman - What's Your Name (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
    Alex Skolnick Trio - Detroit Rock City (Kiss)
    Kiss - Rock and Roll Hell (BTO)
    WASP - Easy Living (Uriah Heep)
    Joan Jett - Tush (ZZ Topp)
    Racer X- Children Of The Grave (Black Sabbath)
    Megadeth - Anarchy In The UK (Sex Pistols)
    Frail - Space Oddity (David Bowie)
    Great White - Rock n Roll (Led Zeppelin)
    Pretty Maids - Please Don't Leave Me (Thin Lizzy)

Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Rock Dungeon 64: CC B. Demille Presents - That Epic Seventies Show Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 64: CC B. Demille Presents - That Epic Seventies Show

Post  Lord Shaper Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:38 am

So much good stuff there... I can see this being a series of episodes as the 70's came out with so many good songs!

I had to try not to sing along to Fat Bottom Girls while at work in case I caused some sort of HR harassment suit!
    dbm
    dbm

Rock Dungeon 64: CC B. Demille Presents - That Epic Seventies Show Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 64: CC B. Demille Presents - That Epic Seventies Show

Post  dbm Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:17 am

Holy shit, that's a lot of songs!

The other band I mentioned is Crimpshrine

Still listening... (will be for a while apparently Wink)
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:36 am

Hah! Ironically, I know "Pure Imagination" best for the Smoking Popes version you played! I'm not sure I've even heard any other version, except from the movie.

Mike, the Udo band is 3 Inches of Blood.

I'll never understand your love of Pink, but whatever, more power to ya I guess.

Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:55 pm

Lord Shaper wrote:So much good stuff there... I can see this being a series of episodes as the 70's came out with so many good songs!

I had to try not to sing along to Fat Bottom Girls while at work in case I caused some sort of HR harassment suit!

As long as you sing it with appreciation how can that be interpreted badly. I do not think its sexist at all. MAtter of fact if some female whats to sing an ode to fat bottomed boys I am ok with that

Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:57 pm

dbm wrote:Holy shit, that's a lot of songs!

The other band I mentioned is Crimpshrine

Still listening... (will be for a while apparently Wink)

I try very hard not to listen to it beforehand and my short term memory is total shit and the fact that i enjoyed the song totally kicked out anything that was said before. Sometimes doing a show is like opening a bag a potato chips sometimes you cannot stop till they are all gone
    Mike1973
    Mike1973

Post  Mike1973 Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:32 pm

Stellar episode! And yes, I listened to the whole thing! LOL

There was another song I forgot about when thinking of 70's covers and it was from a little band called the Circle Jerks, the title song from their 'Golden Shower of Hits' album. If you've never heard it, it's worth getting it from Amazon or something but basically they cover some songs, compilation-style. Only the first and last songs are notfrom the 70's:
    Track 12, "Golden Shower of Hits (Jerks on 45)" (which is a riff on the popular "Stars on 45" medley from 1981), contains a medley of six cover versions strung together to create a story line of two people who fall in love, have an unplanned pregnancy, rush into marriage, and end up divorced. The cover versions on this song are as follows:
    "Along Comes Mary" by The Association
    "Close to You" by The Carpenters
    "Afternoon Delight" by Starland Vocal Band
    "Having My Baby" by Paul Anka and Odia Coates
    "Love Will Keep Us Together" by Captain & Tennille
    "D-I-V-O-R-C-E" by Tammy Wynette

Pure genious.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:38 pm

Mike1973 wrote:Stellar episode! And yes, I listened to the whole thing! LOL

There was another song I forgot about when thinking of 70's covers and it was from a little band called the Circle Jerks, the title song from their 'Golden Shower of Hits' album. If you've never heard it, it's worth getting it from Amazon or something but basically they cover some songs, compilation-style. Only the first and last songs are notfrom the 70's:
    Track 12, "Golden Shower of Hits (Jerks on 45)" (which is a riff on the popular "Stars on 45" medley from 1981), contains a medley of six cover versions strung together to create a story line of two people who fall in love, have an unplanned pregnancy, rush into marriage, and end up divorced. The cover versions on this song are as follows:
    "Along Comes Mary" by The Association
    "Close to You" by The Carpenters
    "Afternoon Delight" by Starland Vocal Band
    "Having My Baby" by Paul Anka and Odia Coates
    "Love Will Keep Us Together" by Captain & Tennille
    "D-I-V-O-R-C-E" by Tammy Wynette

Pure genious.

That does sound awesome sir... and the whole thing... you poor baby you must be full to the brim with 70s goodness. Thanks for listening Keith... you Rawk
    squeex92
    squeex92

Post  squeex92 Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:11 am

hey yall.. eric says he wants you to look up burn by Motograter. Its the same singer as FFDP, Zoltan. Its same feel, but harder. =] and niiiice... and richard says never enough by FFDP is another good one.. and then he started naming off a bunch by them that i cant keep up with.. lol oh and he is also mad at you because "you do not re-do welcome to the machine.. pink floyd is pink floyd" and WHAT THE HELL POSSESSED YOU TO PUT BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY BY PINK ON THERE!?!?!?! lol and transiberian orchestra..? ever heard of them?? it??? w.e.?? lol its an orchestra that joined with metalica for xmas songs..

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:44 am