The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

3 posters

Rock Dungeon 62: Disney Presents... The Prog Princes

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 62: Disney Presents... The Prog Princes Empty Rock Dungeon 62: Disney Presents... The Prog Princes

Post  Michael Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:51 pm

The boys are here with Keith Knudsen... renowned prog rock expert and Tantric sex master (working on his 5th DVD) and was Sting's Tantra Sensei. The boys are suitably impressed with all of the credentials but the most important was that he was fun to be around and liked to podcast in padded bicycle shorts. While you listen to this podcast your mind will expand with all of the rock possibilities that you probably have been missing. The clips are extra long to further alter your mind. The fun had while recording will only add to the experience. If you listen to the podcast backwards your sex life will improve immeasurably.

Get It Here

Clips Played:

Frank Zappa - Frogs With Dirty Little Lips
    Primiata Forneria Marconi - Celebration
    Help Me - Baker Gurvitz Army
    Yes - Machine Messiah
    Gentle Giant - The Glass House
    Demon - The Plague
    Spock's Beard - On The Edge
    Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Tarkus
    Saga - Wind Him Up
    Dream Theater - Fatal Tragedy
    Frank Zappa - You Are What You Is
    Mike1973
    Mike1973

Rock Dungeon 62: Disney Presents... The Prog Princes Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 62: Disney Presents... The Prog Princes

Post  Mike1973 Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:04 pm

Thanks for having me on the show, it meant so much to me.

Some honorable mentions:

Camel
    Happy the Man
    UK

I know we didn't get into Genesis but I wanted to mention Collins' side project 'Brand X'. Taking my idea of prog to the next level technically, which they called more of a jazz fusion. But damn can he play some complicated drumming in those albums.
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Rock Dungeon 62: Disney Presents... The Prog Princes Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 62: Disney Presents... The Prog Princes

Post  Wade Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:59 pm

Mike1973 wrote:Thanks for having me on the show, it meant so much to me.

Some honorable mentions:

Camel
    Happy the Man
    UK

I know we didn't get into Genesis but I wanted to mention Collins' side project 'Brand X'. Taking my idea of prog to the next level technically, which they called more of a jazz fusion. But damn can he play some complicated drumming in those albums.

I had a great time. Was a fun show. Lets do it again. I got one ... What about Iron Butterfly, Does that work?
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Mike1973 wrote:Thanks for having me on the show, it meant so much to me.

Some honorable mentions:

Camel
    Happy the Man
    UK

I think we have Brand X on LP somewhere... not a real Camel fan... Eric tried but not my cuppa Joe. I LOve UK and everything associated with John Wetton and the fact that Eddie Jobson is touring the UK with Billy Sheehan and Terry Bozzio as UK band has had me excited. I only hope that a DVD or at least some amazing youtube video comes from this. By the way I had a ball and thanks for the offer of being in DVD 6 of your Tantra Sex Magic series but I gotta pass
    Mike1973
    Mike1973

Post  Mike1973 Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:46 pm

LOL! Well, you only have to wear the harness for the first scene, but anyways, I listened to the 'Drama' album from Yes and I must say, I wasn't missing Anderson.
    I know why you like it, Mike, because the bass tears it up, especially in "Does It Really Happen".

On the Brand X-style prog tip, Eric had found this crazy lady on Youtube and I got a few of her songs but Hiromi doing this song, "Kung-Fu World Champion" shows amazing technical music skills! Three people: Hiromi playing keys, a guy playing bass and a guy playing a tight ass drum kit. Actually they are all tight, so much that it boggles the mind! Check it out:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-z6n0gm918&feature=related

Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:06 pm

Mike1973 wrote:LOL! Well, you only have to wear the harness for the first scene, but anyways, I listened to the 'Drama' album from Yes and I must say, I wasn't missing Anderson.
    I know why you like it, Mike, because the bass tears it up, especially in "Does It Really Happen".

On the Brand X-style prog tip, Eric had found this crazy lady on Youtube and I got a few of her songs but Hiromi doing this song, "Kung-Fu World Champion" shows amazing technical music skills! Three people: Hiromi playing keys, a guy playing bass and a guy playing a tight ass drum kit. Actually they are all tight, so much that it boggles the mind! Check it out:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-z6n0gm918&feature=related

Holy mother of god that was sick... I need to buy some just to make my head explode or maybe even as background music for when I am kicking Orc ass in LOTR online. Drama was my first introduction to Chris Squire and what an introduction... my favorite is the flowing beautiful bass line in Tempus Fugit. Not his most technically difficult but one I love a lot.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:44 am