The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

3 posters

Rock Dungeon 86: Santa Goes To A Donkey Show

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 86: Santa Goes To A Donkey Show Empty Rock Dungeon 86: Santa Goes To A Donkey Show

Post  Michael Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:45 pm

Episode 86 brings you Christmas cheer... well not actually. The boys are recording this episode when statistically the day after Christmas has the lowest percentage of holiday spirit all year, and it shows. The boys are lackluster and down, sad and bewildered. The music is good though and much music about Santa. The winner of the Christmas giveaway is announced and the boys are pleased with the listener contributions. This is the perfect after Christmas melancholy podcast to make you miss the holiday.

Get It Here

Music Clips:

Gary Hoey – Carol Of The Bells
    Lou Monte – Dominic The Christmas Donkey
    Jimmy Eat World – Last Christmas
    Stryper – Reason For The Season
    The Hives – A Christmas Duel
    Steel Panther – Sexy Santa
    Chuck Billy – Silent Night
    Rob Halford – Oh Come O Come Emanuel
    King Diamond – No Presents For Xmas
    Bob Dylan – Here Comes Santa Claus
    Bowling For Soup – I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause
    Tiger Army – Oogie Boogie Song
    Lustra – I'm Having Santa Claus For Christmas
    Kirby Krackle – On and On
    Duvall – Angels We Have Heard On High
    Northern Light Orchestra – We Worship You
    The Boxmasters – Slower Than Christmas
    Tim Owens – Santa Claus Is Back In Town
    Chris Caffery – Christmas Is
    Doug Pinnick – Little Drummer Boy
    Danger Danger – Naughty Naughty Christmas
    LA Guns – Little Saint Nick
    Superchunk – Winter Games
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Rock Dungeon 86: Santa Goes To A Donkey Show Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 86: Santa Goes To A Donkey Show

Post  Crimson Pig Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:06 pm

Sorry Mike, didn't mean to throw you under the yellow and black bus. I just thought Stryper was a band that would be right up your alley. I think I remember you talking about Michael Sweet being in Boston at one time so I just assumed. I was huge into to these guys through their first three albums but never bought anything else by them after that. It was all hair and metal for me back in those days. didn't really start branching out until the late eighties or early nineties and pretty much got away from all of it until now.

I am now starting to see the power of Paul Gilbert more clearly. Bowling for Soup has been a band I've been interested in but had yet to hear anything by them I really liked, until now. The guitar took that song to another level. Enjoyed the entire show, Christmas blues and all.
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 86: Santa Goes To A Donkey Show Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 86: Santa Goes To A Donkey Show

Post  Michael Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:24 am

Crimson Pig wrote:Sorry Mike, didn't mean to throw you under the yellow and black bus. I just thought Stryper was a band that would be right up your alley. I think I remember you talking about Michael Sweet being in Boston at one time so I just assumed. I was huge into to these guys through their first three albums but never bought anything else by them after that. It was all hair and metal for me back in those days. didn't really start branching out until the late eighties or early nineties and pretty much got away from all of it until now.

I am now starting to see the power of Paul Gilbert more clearly. Bowling for Soup has been a band I've been interested in but had yet to hear anything by them I really liked, until now. The guitar took that song to another level. Enjoyed the entire show, Christmas blues and all.

No you heard right... I love Stryper... if that did not come through that is my fault and the fault of Christmas letdown. The power of Paul Gilbert has been known to cure the common cold after a few days but only when working with the Z-Pack. Bowling For Soup has become an "I need to check out more of this band" band. As far as hair metal goes I have spandex underwear and loved and still love 95% of the music from that era. Thanks for listening Chris as always you RAWK.
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Yeah, I sent that song cuz it's funny, and I like it. Hey, you said we could send any genre. Smile

That Kirby Krackle song was such a cheat. But it's a good song, so it gets a pass. I saw their acoustic set at Heroes Con, it was great.

They play that Donkey song all the time on the x-mas station here in Chicago.

Oh, and King Diamond ftw. Close second to Rob Halford.

I totally missed the Superchunk intro. I thought it was just playing from my shuffle after your show. Have to listen back to hear what you said about them.

Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:31 pm

dbm wrote:Yeah, I sent that song cuz it's funny, and I like it. Hey, you said we could send any genre. Smile

That Kirby Krackle song was such a cheat. But it's a good song, so it gets a pass. I saw their acoustic set at Heroes Con, it was great.

They play that Donkey song all the time on the x-mas station here in Chicago.

Oh, and King Diamond ftw. Close second to Rob Halford.

I totally missed the Superchunk intro. I thought it was just playing from my shuffle after your show. Have to listen back to hear what you said about them.

Superchunk got no intro which is sad. I had the song cued up so it became our outro for the episode... really no love from us Sad

Bought both Kirby Krakles from their website for 24 dollars including shipping. Should be here very soon.

The song was funny... and you can send anything you want in and we will play it cuz you are the bomb diggity.
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:42 pm

dbm wrote:Yeah, I sent that song cuz it's funny, and I like it. Hey, you said we could send any genre. Smile

It would have been really funny if you would have told us that that was Billy Bob Thornton Razz Seriously though, I really liked it as well. Good stuff.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:11 am