The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

2 posters

Rock Dungeon 65: Switching Frontmen In Mid-Stream

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 65: Switching Frontmen In Mid-Stream Empty Rock Dungeon 65: Switching Frontmen In Mid-Stream

Post  Michael Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:44 pm

Wade, suffering with a monster headache and a painful toothache muddles through this episode of Rock Dungeon for you the listener and Mike seems to be feeling peckish and argumentative oh what will happen when they throw out who they think was a good vocalist change and who wasn't. Carlos sends in a voicemail counting down his other 4 favorite metal bands and some good music is played. So listen and find out who won

Get It Here

Music Clips:
    Dethklok - Birthday Dethday
    Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry
    Wednesday 13 - Your Mother Sucks Cock In Hell
    Brother Clyde - Lately
    Dopemine - Dick Simmons
    Van Halen - Hot For Teacher
    Van Halen - Best Of Both Worlds
    Rainbow - Do You Close Your Eyes
    Rainbow - Jealous Lover
    Iron Maiden - From Here To Eternity
    Iron Maiden - Man On The Edge
    Faith No More - Falling To Pieces
    Faith No More - Everything's Ruined
    Domina Noctis - Electric Dragonfly
    Cancerslug - Nadia
    Ferreira - I Want Out
    Blackpool - Dissolve
    ALLROY
    ALLROY

Rock Dungeon 65: Switching Frontmen In Mid-Stream Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 65: Switching Frontmen In Mid-Stream

Post  ALLROY Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:28 pm

Another great show guys, it's been awhile since I posted a response to a show so hear goes! The Wednesday 13 song was pretty cool, that guy just doesn't ever slow down does he? The Brother Clyde song "Lately" was absofreakinlutely AWESOME (chalk up another one for Michael!), I've always liked his first country album 'Some Gave All' I think people were just too quick to judge, I guess they had to find someone to root against. On a side note, back in high school I too had an Achy Breaky hair mistakey affraid

I liked how you guys did the comparison of "before and after" of bands with the additions of their new singers.(you should do more of that on future shows,if not an entire episode). On the Van Halen topic I think Diamond Dave was the better front man but Sammy was such a stronger singer (in my opinion) Dave just made a lot of weird screeches and howls most of the time. I think the whole point to bringing in a new musician into the fold of things is to try to change things up a bit and maybe try a new direction so to speak. "Summer Nights" is still my favorite VH song old or new, one of the best Guitar riffs ever (in my opinion of course)!! keep up the great shows and killer music....you guys ROCK...\m/.......
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 65: Switching Frontmen In Mid-Stream Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 65: Switching Frontmen In Mid-Stream

Post  Michael Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:55 pm

ALLROY wrote:Another great show guys, it's been awhile since I posted a response to a show so hear goes! The Wednesday 13 song was pretty cool, that guy just doesn't ever slow down does he? The Brother Clyde song "Lately" was absofreakinlutely AWESOME (chalk up another one for Michael!), I've always liked his first country album 'Some Gave All' I think people were just too quick to judge, I guess they had to find someone to root against. On a side note, back in high school I too had an Achy Breaky hair mistakey affraid

I liked how you guys did the comparison of "before and after" of bands with the additions of their new singers.(you should do more of that on future shows,if not an entire episode). On the Van Halen topic I think Diamond Dave was the better front man but Sammy was such a stronger singer (in my opinion) Dave just made a lot of weird screeches and howls most of the time. I think the whole point to bringing in a new musician into the fold of things is to try to change things up a bit and maybe try a new direction so to speak. "Summer Nights" is still my favorite VH song old or new, one of the best Guitar riffs ever (in my opinion of course)!! keep up the great shows and killer music....you guys ROCK...\m/.......

Greg so awesome to hear from you and so glad you are still listening. I have to say I was in the crowd of haters. I just listened to this song as a joke and was floored and immediately bought the song from iTunes so I could use it on the show. August 10th Brother Clyde will be mine...and if his earlier stuff is not to twangy and avoids the pedal steel guitar(seriously pedal steel makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up) I might give some of his country stuff a try.

We could easily do a show of before and afters not just with singers... but with anything that we feel made a difference. Were you a big fan of Sammy before he was in VH? I was and to me Van Halen with Sammy is corporate rock...music by the numbers... very safe and catchy but lacking the fun, irreverence, fuck you attitude that both Sammy and Van Halen had before. Or maybe because I felt combining peanut butter and chocolate just should have been more awesome. Anyway thank you for the episode comment... it made my evening Suspect

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:38 am