The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

2 posters

Rock Dungeon 67: The Ear of the Beholder

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 67: The Ear of the Beholder Empty Rock Dungeon 67: The Ear of the Beholder

Post  Michael Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:09 pm

Mike is suffering from can't remember shit syndrome and gets a bit testy about it but still the show must go on even if their pants are off. Wade just exudes happiness cuz he is so happy and they play some music. Kula Shakur makes its first and probably only appearance on the podcast as this band has been the gift joke for about 6 years. The boys discuss what they feel is the best classic and modern release and this should surely draw some questioning comments as perfection is strictly in the ear of the beholder. Anyway more music is played and Mike forgets what he is talking about for about the fifth time and the show ends. Get it now before Mike remembers the pictures that he took of you with the trans-gender call girl from Mississippi.

Get It Here

Music Clips:

Kula Shakur - Hush
    Within Temptation - What Have You Done
    Danko Jones - Full Of Regret
    Disturbed - Asylum (NEW)
    Mad SIn - 9 Lives (NEW)
    Foxy Shazam - Unstoppable
    Bob Dylan - On The Road Again
    Queen - Spread Your Wings
    Offspring - Long Way Home
    Masterplan - Falling Sparrow
    Drowning Pool - Turn So Cold (NEW)
    Blackguard - This Rounds On Me
    The Hives - Civilization's Dying (NEW)
    Diamondsnake - Switch Hitter
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Rock Dungeon 67: The Ear of the Beholder Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 67: The Ear of the Beholder

Post  Crimson Pig Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:03 pm

I'm starting to get used to these shorter shows. Unbelievable how fast they go by though. I usually just end up listening to them twice as many times as the longer ones each week. The Mad Sin song was great, is that considered punk country? Really enjoyed the Danko Jones as well, Allroy introduced me to this band but they didn't really make an immediate impression, maybe it takes to Rock Dungeon influence to sway my opinion (mindless zombie maybe?). I will definitely have to check out Diamondsnake as well, although that tune really did not do it for me I'm all for the rock parody bands. I prefer them to be a bit more over the top though, ala Spinal Tap or Bad News. Then again maybe it's just that I prefer them to be British (or faux British). As I'm sure you've been informed, Moby is not British so he's got one strike against him.

Going to make a concerted effort to weigh in on your weekly topics as well. Thought the Queen pick was spot on. That is the first Queen album I purchased (cover made me do it) and probably still my favorite. I imagine the Dylan pick was a good one as well, but like Mike I have never been a fan so it's one I can't say I'd put up there. He's been a huge influence on so many musicians though so there is obviously something there. As for the newer picks, I know nothing of Masterplan and the first radio hit by the Offspring really turned me off to that band. I do have to say that the few songs you've played on RD by them have been great so you are starting to change my opinion of them. With that here are my picks. Feel free to give me the what for.

For the classic pick many albums immediately come to mind but I am going with Never Mind the Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols. Loved it the first time I heard it way back in the early 80's and still listen to it too this day. Even though I've heard these versions plus the multitude of covers a million times, I am still haven't gotten tired of them. Plus it started me down that rocky road of punk.

The current is much more difficult so I am just going to go with one I've been listening to lately to more than any other. That would be Sell Your Soul by The Creepshow. Not only is every song on this CD great, at least in my humble opinion, they vary their sound a little more than a lot of the punk I listen too which really makes it much more enjoyable.

Ok, I know that was a bit too much of a ramble but honesty I'm just trying to kill some time before the new show comes out.
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 67: The Ear of the Beholder Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 67: The Ear of the Beholder

Post  Michael Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:I'm starting to get used to these shorter shows. Unbelievable how fast they go by though. I usually just end up listening to them twice as many times as the longer ones each week. The Mad Sin song was great, is that considered punk country? Really enjoyed the Danko Jones as well, Allroy introduced me to this band but they didn't really make an immediate impression, maybe it takes to Rock Dungeon influence to sway my opinion (mindless zombie maybe?). I will definitely have to check out Diamondsnake as well, although that tune really did not do it for me I'm all for the rock parody bands. I prefer them to be a bit more over the top though, ala Spinal Tap or Bad News. Then again maybe it's just that I prefer them to be British (or faux British). As I'm sure you've been informed, Moby is not British so he's got one strike against him.

Going to make a concerted effort to weigh in on your weekly topics as well. Thought the Queen pick was spot on. That is the first Queen album I purchased (cover made me do it) and probably still my favorite. I imagine the Dylan pick was a good one as well, but like Mike I have never been a fan so it's one I can't say I'd put up there. He's been a huge influence on so many musicians though so there is obviously something there. As for the newer picks, I know nothing of Masterplan and the first radio hit by the Offspring really turned me off to that band. I do have to say that the few songs you've played on RD by them have been great so you are starting to change my opinion of them. With that here are my picks. Feel free to give me the what for.

For the classic pick many albums immediately come to mind but I am going with Never Mind the Bollocks Here's The Sex Pistols. Loved it the first time I heard it way back in the early 80's and still listen to it too this day. Even though I've heard these versions plus the multitude of covers a million times, I am still haven't gotten tired of them. Plus it started me down that rocky road of punk.

The current is much more difficult so I am just going to go with one I've been listening to lately to more than any other. That would be Sell Your Soul by The Creepshow. Not only is every song on this CD great, at least in my humble opinion, they vary their sound a little more than a lot of the punk I listen too which really makes it much more enjoyable.

Ok, I know that was a bit too much of a ramble but honesty I'm just trying to kill some time before the new show comes out.

Hey It's here and super extra long just like my johnson. I Love when posters ramble it makes me hapopy... so ramble away. Honestly I was never a Sex Pistols fan I can appreciate the influence they had and what they started and how relevant they are...but just not my cuppa tea. I am having second thoughts about the Masterplan cd... I have listened to it and while still being great if I had the eppy to do over... well it would not be Masterplan. I love the Queen choice and would not change it. Familiar with the Creepshow but not that cd as that is Wade's throbbing vein and we generally do not get cds if the other person already has it. It is the power of the headset and the fact that when you listen we are very close to your brain and lets not forget the subliminal messages that I edit in... you do not stand a chance Chris... in a year you will be our mindless puppet buying and liknig what we want you to. There is also an addictive quality to my voice that makes you crave more so even now you know what is happening to you you are hopelessly chained inside our dungeon Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:43 am