The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

2 posters

Rock Dungeon 69: Koala Invasion at Best Buy

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 69: Koala Invasion at Best Buy Empty Rock Dungeon 69: Koala Invasion at Best Buy

Post  Michael Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:46 pm

Having recovered from the alcohol themed four hour monster that was episode 68 the boys are back to bring you the normal size value meal that is Rock Dungeon. The merits of a Koala apocalypse versus a Zombie apocalypse are discussed. The evil empire that is Best Buy is spat upon and the boys discuss their favorite or what they feel are the most meaningful debut albums of all time. The boys also tease you about bands they heard of and enjoy and stuff they got but do not play. Just tickling the taint of your ear with that...but they do play fourteen soon to be, should be or may never be classics for your enjoyment. Get it now before a Koala with an Uzi comes to your workplace to make you it's slave.

Get It Here

Music Clips:

Danko Jones - I Think Bad Thoughts
    Blues Traveler - Alone
    Koalacaust - Mirrors
    Enuff Z'nuff - Lazy Dazy
    The Offspring - Video Killed The Radio Star
    Catz Ass - Disco Foo Foo Shoes
    Danzig - Mother
    Van Halen - Running With The Devil
    Flogging Molly - Devil's Dance Floor
    Guns n Roses - Mr. Brownstone
    Sixx AM - Life Is Beautiful
    Keith Caputo - Razzberry Mockery
    Chuck Moseby - The Enabler
    Ra - I Lost Everything Today

Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Rock Dungeon 69: Koala Invasion at Best Buy Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 69: Koala Invasion at Best Buy

Post  Crimson Pig Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:01 am

Alright, I know I'm a little late on the draw for this one but I did say I'd make a concerted effort to keep up with your topics so here goes. Honestly, I think I blew my selection for this topic with my last one, I think the Sex Pistols album would have fit the bill here but since I've already thrown that on out there I'll go with another. Not really going out on a limb here but I think Motley Crue's first effort, Too Fast For Love is going to have to be my pick. I can't say for sure this was the first but I know this is one of the early albums that got me in to the 80's metal scene. Loved every song on this one and it's one of the only Crue albums I can go back to now and still enjoy as much as I did when I first heard it. Kind of wrote these guys off after Shout at the Devil but they obviously had something new and different going for them, at least in my limited knowledge of rock at the time.
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 69: Koala Invasion at Best Buy Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 69: Koala Invasion at Best Buy

Post  Michael Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:10 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:Alright, I know I'm a little late on the draw for this one but I did say I'd make a concerted effort to keep up with your topics so here goes. Honestly, I think I blew my selection for this topic with my last one, I think the Sex Pistols album would have fit the bill here but since I've already thrown that on out there I'll go with another. Not really going out on a limb here but I think Motley Crue's first effort, Too Fast For Love is going to have to be my pick. I can't say for sure this was the first but I know this is one of the early albums that got me in to the 80's metal scene. Loved every song on this one and it's one of the only Crue albums I can go back to now and still enjoy as much as I did when I first heard it. Kind of wrote these guys off after Shout at the Devil but they obviously had something new and different going for them, at least in my limited knowledge of rock at the time.

You coulda kept with the Sex Pistols... That was a HUGE release that literally changed the world. I prefer Shout at the Devil when it comes to my Crue... Though for what it was Too Fast For Love was very good and any release that brings you into more music is all good. I could have picked Asia, because as a debut it changed my life and introduced me to the amazing world of Prog Rock which I still love.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:11 am