The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

4 posters

Rock Dungeon 71: It Takes Two Baby

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 71: It Takes Two Baby Empty Rock Dungeon 71: It Takes Two Baby

Post  Michael Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:25 pm

The boys are in fine form on this glorious morning even though the first order of business is admitting how stupid they can sometimes be... but they are used to it so the pall of failure is quickly forgotten. The subject matter for this eppy is dual or more lead guitars. So of course Thin Lizzy is represented and many are talked about but few are played. Wade rejoices in the fact that with a job... he has cds coming in the mail again so we finally hear a new song of the new Danzig cd and it is good. Carlos the official Rock Dungeon tattoo artist sends in an audio comment reviewing the new Black Label Society cd and Michael plays one of the "bonus" tracks off of it for Carlos. The intro is Skit Skat Wah from Racer X because it features some fine dual lead work from messengers Gilbert and Boillet. Mike plays a song from Pearl Loaf... Meat's daughter and he goes on and on about the amazing TV show called Z-Rock which features the band ZO2. He even plays a song from their latest cd in honor of it's greatness. Weezer even makes it's long delayed debut on this eppy because they finally appealed to Wade by coming to town to play for him. A huge episode packed into less than two hours. Downloading and listening to this episode is guaranteed to be less painful than giving birth to a porcupine.

Get It Here

Music Clips:

Racer X - Scit Scat Wah
    The Beatles - Run For Your Life
    Danzig - Ju Ju Bone
    ZO2 - Painted Lady
    Matt Skiba - Angel Of Deaf
    Down 'n Outz - One More Chance To Run
    Weezer - I'm A Believer
    Black Label Society - Can't Find My Way Home (New)
    Thin Lizzy - We Will Be Strong
    TYR - Dreams
    April Wine - Roller
    Megadeth - Bodies
    Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - Think I Wanna Die (New)
    Pearl - Broken White
    NOFX - The Longest Line (New)
    Mike1973
    Mike1973

Rock Dungeon 71: It Takes Two Baby Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 71: It Takes Two Baby

Post  Mike1973 Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:12 pm

Nice! I'm almost finished listening but I had to stop and say "Denmarkian" is actually "Danish".
    As my last name is Knudsen, I will welcome my fellow Danish brethren and shout, "Skoal" as I heave my large mug of mead in the air while others clatter their round shields together.

Damn, you made me feel so bad about pointing out the Beatles song. You guys rock!
    Weezer was a nice version but the Monkees had it right the first time.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:30 pm

Mike1973 wrote:Nice! I'm almost finished listening but I had to stop and say "Denmarkian" is actually "Danish".
    As my last name is Knudsen, I will welcome my fellow Danish brethren and shout, "Skoal" as I heave my large mug of mead in the air while others clatter their round shields together.

Damn, you made me feel so bad about pointing out the Beatles song. You guys rock!
    Weezer was a nice version but the Monkees had it right the first time.

I was unaware that people of Danish decent are into chewing tobacco. Thank you Keith for the information. We at the rock dungeon are men... as such, we as men take our lumps and admit when we make mistakes. The Beatles/ Enuff Z'nuff was an egregious error on our part. What does not kill us makes us stronger. We thank you for pointing out our fuckups. It was not the intention of the Rock Dungeon staff to make you feel less than the magnificent, wondrous, much loved listener, contributer that you are. We love you Keith and you can point out our errors anytime because we know you do it with love in a velvet glove.
    Mike1973
    Mike1973

Post  Mike1973 Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:04 pm

You so crazy!

'Skoal' is like 'Cheers' or 'Chin Chin" but for the Dansk!

ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:44 am

great episode guys!!! i emailed you about those BLS bonus songs mike but dont know if you got it.. but i would like them if you want to share! thank you! you guys rock!!!!
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:08 am

ccordova2 wrote:great episode guys!!! i emailed you about those BLS bonus songs mike but dont know if you got it.. but i would like them if you want to share! thank you! you guys rock!!!!

Will get them to you this weekend sir
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:14 am

sweeet thank you buddy!!!!!!!!
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:43 pm

Good show, but who's Dave?

Oh, and that is an old NOFX song. The new EP is old songs and some new ones. And NOFX are great.
    Mike1973
    Mike1973

Post  Mike1973 Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:39 pm

LOL! I was thinking the same thing but then I was like maybe this is a different dbm! LOL!!!
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Much as it is on the Fbombcast I have decided to be wrong at least once an episode to make you guys fell important and I am sorry, Dave is my go to name i.e. Hetfield, Boillet, Smith, etc... For some reasons Dave just is a Metal/ Hard Rock name and it goes with everything. I am sorry Bill... might of happened again in eppy 72... and I can never remember Micah's last name or pronounce it right. I am a failure. I am sorry I cannot achieve the excellence that consistently is Geek Brunch and DC Noise
    Mike1973
    Mike1973

Post  Mike1973 Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:55 pm

You, sir, are a legend. A rock legend. If I had a nickel for everything I said wrong on DC Noise, I'd be a millionaire.
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:26 pm

LOL Geek Brunch is oft times a huge mess of ignorance. But we don't claim to be experts Wink

You can hear Mike and I butcher the history of "Stagger Lee" on the next episode...

-Dave.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:01 pm

Thanks guys... especially you Dave Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:58 am