The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

3 posters

Rock Dungeon 72: Thunder Kissed '92

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 72: Thunder Kissed '92 Empty Rock Dungeon 72: Thunder Kissed '92

Post  Michael Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:43 pm

The boys are back in the afternoon because Wade is working overtime to pay for more cds and roadtrips because ...well...he is awesome. They welcome the return of trivia from Aaron after a long absence and they bring some new songs from Joey Briggs, Lordi and Weezer. The Dungeoneers drift back to the year 1992 and let you know what we thought the best albums were from that year and play some songs from said albums. They discuss Mike's Paul Gilbert spending eight songs for one hundred dollars...yikes... and you cannot spend that much without hearing at least one. All this and more can be yours and they promised that listening to this podcast will help prevent anal fissures.

Get It Here

Music Clips:
    British Lions - Break This Fool
    AFI - Clove Smoke Catharsis
    Great White - Wasted Rock Ranger
    Weezer - Memories (New)
    Paul Gilbert - Lucy Brown
    Spooky Tooth - The Hoofer
    AARON TRIVIA 33
    Dream Theater - Take The Time
    Suicidal Tendencies - Nobody Hears
    Thunder - Today The World Stopped Turning
    White Zombie - Thunder Kiss '65
    Lordi - This Is Heavy Metal (New)
    Joey Briggs - So Let Down (New)
    Burn Halo - To Late To Tell You Now
    The Sword - Arrow In The Dark

dbm
    dbm

Rock Dungeon 72: Thunder Kissed '92 Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 72: Thunder Kissed '92

Post  dbm Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:14 am

OK, I'm starting to like AFI. You win Wade.

Spooky Tooth, yeah, awesome; thanks!

Thanks for the shout out, although I sent my song in weeks ago... Smile

Oh, and welcome back Aaron!
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 72: Thunder Kissed '92 Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 72: Thunder Kissed '92

Post  Michael Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Sorry about that I had accidentally clicked it so it did not look "new" I apologize but you are awesome. Wade will be excited about you and AFI. He has been working so hard. Right now he is doing a side job for his new boss and his 16th day in a row of working without a dayoff. He is wiped but he has Sunday off so we can do our epic sized cover episode. Thank you for listening and commenting. Did I call you Dave again?
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:08 am

I'll go with DBM in saying Wade is slowly getting me in to AFI as well, have only heard the radio stuff until your show and what you've played so far has been very good, just like the afore mentioned Danko Jones. As the Cars would say, let the good times role. Loved the Spooky Tooth tune and got to say you ended the show with a bang, the Lordi song was great, Burn Halo was simply inspirational and the Sword was just plain awesome.

As far as 1992 releases go, As Frank S. Says that was a very good year (for me). Although I was in a different place at that time and very much into the the alt/indie scene. With that said here are my favorite releases of 1992.

1) Ween - Pure Guava. This is the album that got me into this band and i've never left, this band is definitely in my top five. Ridiculous, hilarious and over the top, never serious but always delirious, everything I ask for in a band.
    2) Ned's Atomic Dustbin - Are You Normal? Not as good as there first release, God Fodder, but I was really into these guys at the time and still like to listen to their stuff, a great short lived band.
    3) R.E.M. - Automatic for the People - In my opinion, the last great R.E.M. album, still love their early stuff but they didn't quite do it for me after this one.

Looking forward to the 80's cover show, will be waiting with bated breath for the posting. Breath bated with Gin and Tonic.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:51 am