The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

4 posters

Rock Dungeon 75: Time Warp To A Pigeonhole

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 75: Time Warp To A Pigeonhole Empty Rock Dungeon 75: Time Warp To A Pigeonhole

Post  Michael Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:00 pm

Welcome to the 75th episode of the Rock Dungeon. This week sees the release of a lot of quality cds and the boys give you a rundown of what to expect and play you some new tracks from Linkin Park, Kamelot, Gracious Few, and Sum 41. The subject is some of rocks unsung heroes, from Queen, Rancid, The Heartbreakers and Alkiline Trio. We have an awesome Trivia from Aaron supplied by our very own listener Greg and Wade gets independent with his Pimp and Mike flashes back to 1986 Canada. This episode has been clinically proven to be proportionally better with each bottle of beer consumed prior to listening.

Get It Here

Music Clips:
    Linkin Park - Waiting For The End (New)
    Kamelot - The Great Pandemonium (New)
    Haunted George - Pile O' Meat
    The Gracious Few - Crying Time (New)
    Sum 41 - Skum Fuk (New)
    Ted Nugent - Rag Doll
    Aaron - Trivia 35
    Queen - You're My Best Friend
    Rancid - Maxwell Murder
    Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Refugee
    Alkaline Trio - The Poison
    The Independents - Baby Doll
    White Wolf - She
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Rock Dungeon 75: Time Warp To A Pigeonhole Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 75: Time Warp To A Pigeonhole

Post  Crimson Pig Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:05 am

Alright I know I wasn't that enthusiastic about Khepi Ghoulie or the other tune I described as staight 50's rockabilly, sorry I forgot the name of that band (not a good sign I know), but Wade you hit a home run in my book with Haunted George. Liked it so much I've already ordered a CD by them. Unlike the others (no offense) this band brought some attitude to the Rockabilly world. On the other end of the spectrum, I thought Mike nailed the unsung heroes topic although to be honest, as songs go, I liked Wades picks much better, but I'm sure that comes as no surprise to anyone. Mike, got to say the Gracious Few tune was great to hear, Live was definitely one of my favorite bands from the 90's and that tune brought me right back. Might have to check into them.

Feel free to tear me a new one for this pick but my unsung hero is going to have to be Meg White from the White Stripes. I know everyone (Including me) makes fun of her drumming but I really think she is just an important part of the White Stripes sound as Jack White. Yes he does all the heavy lifting but with any other drummer they just wouldn't be the same, or as edgy, or as good.

And finally, this was only the second trivia quiz where I had the jump on both of you out of the gate, but of course I cheated on both of them having known the originator of the quiz. Of course, that is the only way I am ever going to beat you two since you are both so incredibly well educated in rock. I've got to take my victories however I can get them I guess. Glad to be in on the ground floor of your world conquest. It is awesome to hear that your show is making it's way across the entire globe, country by country. looking forward to the next one
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 75: Time Warp To A Pigeonhole Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 75: Time Warp To A Pigeonhole

Post  Michael Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:37 am

Crimson Pig wrote:Alright I know I wasn't that enthusiastic about Khepi Ghoulie or the other tune I described as staight 50's rockabilly, sorry I forgot the name of that band (not a good sign I know), but Wade you hit a home run in my book with Haunted George. Liked it so much I've already ordered a CD by them. Unlike the others (no offense) this band brought some attitude to the Rockabilly world. On the other end of the spectrum, I thought Mike nailed the unsung heroes topic although to be honest, as songs go, I liked Wades picks much better, but I'm sure that comes as no surprise to anyone. Mike, got to say the Gracious Few tune was great to hear, Live was definitely one of my favorite bands from the 90's and that tune brought me right back. Might have to check into them.

Feel free to tear me a new one for this pick but my unsung hero is going to have to be Meg White from the White Stripes. I know everyone (Including me) makes fun of her drumming but I really think she is just an important part of the White Stripes sound as Jack White. Yes he does all the heavy lifting but with any other drummer they just wouldn't be the same, or as edgy, or as good.

And finally, this was only the second trivia quiz where I had the jump on both of you out of the gate, but of course I cheated on both of them having known the originator of the quiz. Of course, that is the only way I am ever going to beat you two since you are both so incredibly well educated in rock. I've got to take my victories however I can get them I guess. Glad to be in on the ground floor of your world conquest. It is awesome to hear that your show is making it's way across the entire globe, country by country. looking forward to the next one

Awesome to hear from you and if Wade can ever pry himself away from work I know he would be excited about your liking of Haunted George, but have you bought any AFI yet Razz I really enjoyed the Gracious Few and it totally conjured the good 90s to me as I really enjoyed Candlebox. Well gotta get off to work. Thanks for posting you RAWK
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:35 am

Wait, what? Operation Ivy doesn't have a female vocalist! Jesse Michaels is a dude. Wade, were you thinking of someone else, or did they have a female come in on some songs?
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:23 am

dbm wrote:Wait, what? Operation Ivy doesn't have a female vocalist! Jesse Michaels is a dude. Wade, were you thinking of someone else, or did they have a female come in on some songs?
    Ummmmmm ... operation Ivy did have a female vocalist ..... thought that's what I said.... If I didn't, then I fucked up and I am SOOOO Sorry. Sometimes I think one thing and say something else, it occurs way to often these days.
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:20 am

Wade wrote:
    dbm wrote:Wait, what? Operation Ivy doesn't have a female vocalist! Jesse Michaels is a dude. Wade, were you thinking of someone else, or did they have a female come in on some songs?
    Ummmmmm ... operation Ivy did have a female vocalist ..... thought that's what I said.... If I didn't, then I fucked up and I am SOOOO Sorry. Sometimes I think one thing and say something else, it occurs way to often these days.

Uh, maybe we are talking about different OpIvy's -- mine has a male singer. And Lint. And Matt Freeman.

I seriously am not aware of any female singer they ever had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ivy_(band)

Matt was also in the Gr'ups, they had a female singer (and a male).

Or maybe I'm going crazy and reality is but an illusion...
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:25 pm

Wait a second - you didn't describe them as Ska-Punk either... This isn't another Bad Religion incident is it?
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:40 pm

dbm wrote:Wait a second - you didn't describe them as Ska-Punk either... This isn't another Bad Religion incident is it?
    Time seams to play this cruel game with our minds, till it gets to the point when reality is no longer what we live but what we know, or at least what we believe we know. Ya know?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:27 am