The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

+3
Wade
Mike1973
Michael
7 posters

Rock Dungeon 77: Dolph Lundgren Will Break You

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 77: Dolph Lundgren Will Break You Empty Rock Dungeon 77: Dolph Lundgren Will Break You

Post  Michael Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Welcome to episode 77 of the Rock Dungeon. Today the boys and friends regal you with songs from movies. They play songs not available on soundtracks, classic movie songs, obscure movie songs, songs from new movies (2010), songs from old movies (1939), Musicals, Horror and everything in between. Mike's love of Dolph Lundgren comes through in so many ways. Contributions from the dungeon faithful were numerous and appreciated. The Dungeoneers also get a fantastic trivia from Aaron which has Wade rolling his eyes. Mike sings a lot in this episode which is not good... at all ...but what are you going to do. This podcast is also going to be broadcast in outer space so that any passing aliens can realize how amazing our movies are and how fantastic the Rock Dungeon is... or not. The boys cannot be held responsible for the Earth's destruction should aliens hear this episode.

Get It Here

Music Clips:

Steve Vai - Reaper Rap (Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey)
    Duran Duran - A View To A Kill (A View To A Kill)
    Rammstein - Du Hast (How High)
    Joey Lauren Adams - Alive - (Chasing Amy)
    Engelbert Humperdinck - Lesbian Seagull (Beavis & Butthead Do America)
    Tegan & Sarah - My Number (Sweet November)
    David Bowie - Golden Years (A Knight's Tale)
    Willi Oneblood - Whiny, Whiny (Dumb & Dumber)
    John Travolta - Greased Lightning (Grease)
    Iggy Pop - Real Wild Child (Crocodile Dundee II)
    Sex Pistols - My Way (Goodfellas)
    Peter Gabriel - In Your Eyes (Say Anything)
    Rise Against - Historia Calamitatum (Punisher: Warzone)
    Alice Cooper - He's Back (The Man Behind The Mask) (Friday the 13th Pt6)
    Dudes of Wrath - Shocker (Shocker)
    Ray Bolger & Judy Garland - If I Only Had A Brain (The Wizard Of Oz)
    John Lennon - Well, Well, Well (The Departed)
    Andrew Strong - Mustang Sally (The Commitments)
    Queen - Princes Of The Universe (Highlander)
    The Screeching Weasels - I Can See Clearly Now (Jennifer's Body)
    The Waterboys - Fisherman's Blues (Dream With The Fishes)
    Anne Hathaway - Somebody To Love (Ella Enchanted)
    Glenn Danzig - You and Me (Less Than Zero)
    Blink 182 - Mutt (American Pie)
    Robert Tepper - No Easy Way Out (Rocky IV)
    Tim Armstrong - Into Action (Hotel For Dogs)
    Mark Collie - In Time (The Punisher)
    Lordi - Beast Loose In Paradise (Dark Floors)
    Sum 41 - No Reason (Dirty Love)
    Stan Bush - The Touch (Transformers: The Movie)
    Otis Day & The Knights - Shout (Animal House)
    Megadeth - Angry Again (Last Action Hero)
    The Five Stairsteps - Oooh Child (Boyz In The Hood)
    John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (St. Elmo's Fire)
    The Misfits - Bruiser (Bruiser)
    Richard Burton - Camelot (Camelot)
    Urge Overkill - Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon (Pulp Fiction)
    Rob Zombie - Pussy Liquor (House Of A 1000 Corpses)
    Black Oak Arkansas - Jim Dandy (Dazed & Confused)
    Lustra - Scotty Doesn't Know (Eurotrip)
    The Hives - Try It Again (Get Him To The Greek)
    The Cure - Burn (The Crow)
    Richard O'Brien - Time Warp (The Rocky Horror Picture Show)
    Steel Dragon - Long Live Rock & Roll (Rockstar)
    The Cult - Painted On My Heart (Gone In 60 Seconds)
    Dokken - Dream Warriors (Nightmare On Elm Street Pt3)
    Alkaline Trio - Burn (Underworld: Evolution)
    Elvis - Follow That Dream (Follow That Dream)
    The Ramones - Rock & Roll High School (Rock & Roll High School)
    Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters (Ghostbusters)
    Testament - True Believer (Saw V)
    Aaron Movie Trivia
    The Blues Brothers - Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (The Blues Brothers)
    Echo & The Bunnymen - People Are Strange (The Lostboys)
    Sammy Hagar - Heavy Metal (Heavy Metal)
    Fastway - Get Tough (Trick Or Treat)
    Spinal Tap - Big Bottom (This Is Spinal Tap)

Last edited by Michael on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To make gay Keith happy)
    Mike1973
    Mike1973

Rock Dungeon 77: Dolph Lundgren Will Break You Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 77: Dolph Lundgren Will Break You

Post  Mike1973 Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:30 am

Guys, guys...That was Richard Burton singing as King Arthur on that Camelot song. I only brought up Robert Goulet because of my experience watching as a youngster. If I misrepresented Robert Goulet singing this song, then I apologize. I couldn't find the movie soudtrack for this so the broadway version had to suffice. Actually Richard Harris played the part of King Arthur in the film, and I prefer Vanessa Redgrave's Guinevere in the film to Julie Andrew's in the play.
    If it's any consolation, Robert eventually sang this song but just not this version you hear.
    And no, I'm not gay. What a Face

Last edited by Mike1973 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Rock Dungeon 77: Dolph Lundgren Will Break You Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 77: Dolph Lundgren Will Break You

Post  Wade Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Mike1973 wrote:Guys, guys...That was Richard Burton singing as King Arthur on that Camelot song. I only brought up Robert Goulet because of my experience watching as a youngster. If I misrepresented Robert Goulet singing this song, then I apologize. I couldn't find the movie soudtrack for this so the broadway verizon had to suffice. Actually Richard Harris played the part of King Arthur in the film, and I prefer Vanessa Redgrave's Guinevere in the film to Julie Andrew's in the play.
    If it's any consolation, Robert eventually sang this song but just not this version you hear.

That's pretty funny Kieth, way to make us look bad. Like we really need your help with that one. Yuck it up pal, but you need to set your sights higher. We are way to easy a target. Anyway, just remember one thing...... We Love Ya, and we're not gay either, well at least I'm not.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:54 pm

Mike1973 wrote:Guys, guys...That was Richard Burton singing as King Arthur on that Camelot song. I only brought up Robert Goulet because of my experience watching as a youngster. If I misrepresented Robert Goulet singing this song, then I apologize. I couldn't find the movie soudtrack for this so the broadway verizon had to suffice. Actually Richard Harris played the part of King Arthur in the film, and I prefer Vanessa Redgrave's Guinevere in the film to Julie Andrew's in the play.

Actually buddy I know you are not gay... but I think the fact that all of these facts come out that you prefer Redgrave to Andrews cast a bit of doubt on your masculinity. Add to that the fact that you enjoy wearing bicycle pants and your fondness for gerbils would make anybody think that you are.
    Mike1973
    Mike1973

Post  Mike1973 Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:13 pm

It's not a gerbil! It's a kangaroo rat.
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:19 pm

I was considering sending in that Screeching Weasel song. In the movie a kid is listening to it in his car and singing along with it. It's great. The movie is good. No nudity. Megan Fox's acting is actually good.
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:09 pm

Just started listening and am I the only one who doesn't have Wade talking?

Maybe it's in stereo and since I only have one ear bud working at work means I miss the other side of the convo...

If I only had a 4 hour drive then I could listen to it in the car.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:45 pm

Lord Shaper wrote:Just started listening and am I the only one who doesn't have Wade talking?

Maybe it's in stereo and since I only have one ear bud working at work means I miss the other side of the convo...

Real Sorry Damian. It was a decision on my part to make the music sound better (which it does) but I had the settings wrong on the recorder and it put each of us in our own track. It has been rectified and again I am sorry about that Sad
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:02 am

Michael wrote:
    Lord Shaper wrote:Just started listening and am I the only one who doesn't have Wade talking?

Real Sorry Damian. It was a decision on my part to make the music sound better (which it does) but I had the settings wrong on the recorder and it put each of us in our own track. It has been rectified and again I am sorry about that Sad

No Problem... look at it this way... I got to listen to it twice so I could hear the full thing!
    Barb
    Barb

Post  Barb Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:07 pm

I thought I had better start commenting now instead of waiting until the end so I don't forget anything Smile

It sounds like Wade needs to sit down and watch a lot of good movies. Say Anything? A Knight's Tale? Chasing Amy? Oh boy....You've got a lot of popcorn in your future.

A Knight's Tale is such a great movie! I will usually stop and watch it whenever I see it's on. It helps that I have a small crush on Paul Bettany (don't tell anyone). I always think of it when I hear that David Bowie song, too. Great choice.
    That Joey Lauren Adams performance was fantastic. A great build-up to a super payoff in that scene.
    I always hear people talking about Tegan & Sarah but have never heard them before. They're really good.
    We own the Dumb and Dumber soundtrack and the whole thing is really, really good. Haven't listened to it in a while though and now I miss it.
    What can I say about Grease? One of the best soundtracks EVER!
    I think it's just Sid Vicious doing My Way and not the Sex Pistols. I chose this as one of my remakes for one of your episodes.
    We have the Jennifer's Body soundtrack as well and it's all really good. I remember this song (the original) from when I was a kid. The line where he sings "I can see all obstacles in my way" I used to sing "I can see all popsicles in my way." That's what my little kid ears heard! Smile When you watch Jennifer's Body just remember that it's more of a dark comedy than a true horror film and you will enjoy it. It's fun.
    Say Anything is one of my all time favorite movies and that is one of my all time favorite songs, as well. Beautiful.
    It's funny that you chose that song from Rocky IV. I just watched it again on Saturday and I tweeted about that scene with the song playing. It wasn't the training scene. It was the part where he fights with Adrian and he's driving and he keeps looking in the rear view mirror and flashbacks are being shown. It's truly something straight from the 80s. Classic.

I also don't understand what goes into keeping a song off a soundtrack. Even that Blink-182 song that Mike chose wasn't on the soundtrack. And they even have a cameo in the movie! Don't know if it's the record label or what. The Alien Ant Farm remake of Smooth Criminal is missing from the American Pie 2 soundtrack also which really blows because I love that song.

Well, that's as far as I've gotten. I'll comment again later.

p.s. You guys are so lucky to be able to choose more than one song. I could have easily given you at least 20.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:25 pm

Barb wrote:I thought I had better start commenting now instead of waiting until the end so I don't forget anything Smile

It sounds like Wade needs to sit down and watch a lot of good movies. Say Anything? A Knight's Tale? Chasing Amy? Oh boy....You've got a lot of popcorn in your future.

A Knight's Tale is such a great movie! I will usually stop and watch it whenever I see it's on. It helps that I have a small crush on Paul Bettany (don't tell anyone). I always think of it when I hear that David Bowie song, too. Great choice.
    That Joey Lauren Adams performance was fantastic. A great build-up to a super payoff in that scene.
    I always hear people talking about Tegan & Sarah but have never heard them before. They're really good.
    We own the Dumb and Dumber soundtrack and the whole thing is really, really good. Haven't listened to it in a while though and now I miss it.
    What can I say about Grease? One of the best soundtracks EVER!
    I think it's just Sid Vicious doing My Way and not the Sex Pistols. I chose this as one of my remakes for one of your episodes.
    We have the Jennifer's Body soundtrack as well and it's all really good. I remember this song (the original) from when I was a kid. The line where he sings "I can see all obstacles in my way" I used to sing "I can see all popsicles in my way." That's what my little kid ears heard! Smile When you watch Jennifer's Body just remember that it's more of a dark comedy than a true horror film and you will enjoy it. It's fun.
    Say Anything is one of my all time favorite movies and that is one of my all time favorite songs, as well. Beautiful.
    It's funny that you chose that song from Rocky IV. I just watched it again on Saturday and I tweeted about that scene with the song playing. It wasn't the training scene. It was the part where he fights with Adrian and he's driving and he keeps looking in the rear view mirror and flashbacks are being shown. It's truly something straight from the 80s. Classic.

I also don't understand what goes into keeping a song off a soundtrack. Even that Blink-182 song that Mike chose wasn't on the soundtrack. And they even have a cameo in the movie! Don't know if it's the record label or what. The Alien Ant Farm remake of Smooth Criminal is missing from the American Pie 2 soundtrack also which really blows because I love that song.

Well, that's as far as I've gotten. I'll comment again later.

p.s. You guys are so lucky to be able to choose more than one song. I could have easily given you at least 20.

You know you could be a guest host on the show... you have skype and as a guest host you could play a lot more songs... just saying we have the devil,demon and hell Halloween eppy coming up and tentatively a food theme for November and our annual Xmas eppy in December. You would be welcome on any of them. The three way host makes for a better show in my opinion. More fun. This is an open invite to you Barb
    Barb
    Barb

Post  Barb Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:19 am

Michael wrote:
    You know you could be a guest host on the show... you have skype and as a guest host you could play a lot more songs... just saying we have the devil,demon and hell Halloween eppy coming up and tentatively a food theme for November and our annual Xmas eppy in December. You would be welcome on any of them. The three way host makes for a better show in my opinion. More fun. This is an open invite to you Barb

You must not have heard. I am notorious for giving podcasts some of their lowest ratings. But I will definitely consider joining you at some point. Thanks for the invite! I love you
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:05 am

Barb wrote:
    Michael wrote:

You must not have heard. I am notorious for giving podcasts some of their lowest ratings. But I will definitely consider joining you at some point. Thanks for the invite! I love you

It would be great to have you on the show, Dont worry about the ratings, we do just fine bringing them down ourselves. drunken
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:39 pm

This episode was good not only for the music, but it also gave me several movies to add to my queue!
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:41 pm

dbm wrote:This episode was good not only for the music, but it also gave me several movies to add to my queue!

That's awesome Bill. It did the same thing for me
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:48 pm

where are the new episodes??????? Sad
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:30 am

ccordova2 wrote:where are the new episodes??????? Sad

I looked under the lounge and I couldn't find them!
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:53 am

The episode is in the can. Had some issues with Libsyn canceling our account because the Credit Card expired and I forgot to update it. The new eppy should be up on Thursday if everything goes as expected. I apologize for the delay it is entirely my fault

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:13 am