The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

4 posters

Rock Dungeon 78: Attack Of The Janice Joplin Clones

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 78: Attack Of The Janice Joplin Clones Empty Rock Dungeon 78: Attack Of The Janice Joplin Clones

Post  Michael Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:57 pm

Howdy all, and welcome to the slightly late episode of the Rock Dungeon. This is a slightly longer edition as the boys felt just a wee bit guilty for taking some time off for Football. They recorded thids on a Saturday night and it shows as the beer was flowing and things loosened up as the show went on. The magnificent Carlos sent in a voice mail message to all the dungeoneers hearkening back to a bygone era as he talks about album art. The fantastical Bill and Greg sent in some new music for the boys to listen to and it was awesome. The boys would love more of that so keep it coming. The discussion is raised on if a female vocalist sounds better if she is hot and we hear from the perfect Janice Joplin clone, but with a penis... or maybe not imperfect...hmmmm. Mike and Wade had a great time recording this episode and you will have an amazing time listening, if you just let go and feel the force that is the Rock Dungeon.

Get It Here

Music Clips:

Kings Of Leon - Radioactive (New)
    Melissa Auf Der Maur - Father's Grave
    Bryan Ferry - Heartache By Numbers (New)
    Firewind - World On Fire (New)
    Mortiis - Closer To The End
    Senses Fail - The Fire (New)
    The Hex Dispensers - Love Is A Bat
    Porcelain and the Tramps - Fuck Like A Star
    CARLOS VOICE MAIL
    Heart - WTF
    Saxon - Warrior
    Piggy D - Can't Blame You (New)
    Victor Wooten - Two Times
    Apocalyptica - Broken Pieces
    Damage Control - Victim
    Keith Emerson Band - Karn Evil 9
    Marc Bonilla - Whiter Shade Of Pale
    Kiske-Somerville - Silence (New)
    Issa - As I Live And Breathe (New)

Last edited by Michael on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 78: Attack Of The Janice Joplin Clones Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 78: Attack Of The Janice Joplin Clones

Post  Michael Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:44 pm

Ok... Having issues with libsyn and my uploads... trying to work it out... I will let you know when I get it straightened out
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 78: Attack Of The Janice Joplin Clones Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 78: Attack Of The Janice Joplin Clones

Post  Michael Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:16 pm

Ok Kittens... Uncle Mikey got it figured out. All ready to go download and enjoy. Love it, Touch it, Squeeze it affraid
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:39 am

Are you compressing these episodes more than usual? The sound on the last two wasn't as good as usual. Oh, and new episode, woo!
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:51 am

dbm wrote:Are you compressing these episodes more than usual? The sound on the last two wasn't as good as usual. Oh, and new episode, woo!

The movie episode was a total clusterfuck. I have been having internet issues and while recording that eppy my internet would cut out every 5 to 6 minutes. It was a nightmare to edit. took me almost 6 hours to splice it together. I blame my internet connection and on the new one i sound a bit bubbly. going to talk to Wade if he wants to pay to give us more room so I do not have to compress so much. Or just shorter eppys. Cannot do much about my internet connection right now. Sorry
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:43 am

Michael wrote:
    dbm wrote:Are you compressing these episodes more than usual? The sound on the last two wasn't as good as usual. Oh, and new episode, woo!

The movie episode was a total clusterfuck. I have been having internet issues and while recording that eppy my internet would cut out every 5 to 6 minutes. It was a nightmare to edit. took me almost 6 hours to splice it together. I blame my internet connection and on the new one i sound a bit bubbly. going to talk to Wade if he wants to pay to give us more room so I do not have to compress so much. Or just shorter eppys. Cannot do much about my internet connection right now. Sorry

You should put a donate button and a link to your cafepress site up on your site (I can't find it), and plug them on the show. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be happy to pony up for higher quality eps.

Oh, and glad you liked the song! It makes me dance.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:11 pm

dbm wrote:
    Michael wrote:

You should put a donate button and a link to your cafepress site up on your site (I can't find it), and plug them on the show. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd be happy to pony up for higher quality eps.

Oh, and glad you liked the song! It makes me dance.

That was not feigned. We both loved that song. The Cafe Press is hard to find I will have my webmaster (Wade) put that on as I am a retard when it comes to HTML and website shit. You know the donate button leaves me a little queasy. I am sure that there are people who would donate... but with Wade working now, I would rather not. Just keep listening and supplying us with some content and that is more than payment enough. We had already talked about getting more space with Libsyn and actually you can count on it. So less squshiness of the eppys coming up next month...just for you Bill sunny
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:59 pm

Ok Loved the new episode... It was able to wake me up more than my morning coffee did on the way to work this morning.

And yes Wade I think you know me too well... Now the issue I have is I can't find the website you downloaded Mortis from!

I'm working on my Halloween stuff and I want to get it done this weekend since we're moving house soon so I'm going to have to do some packing and then not have internet for a week or so once we're in the new house...

Great to see you guys back as well!
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:35 pm

Lord Shaper wrote:Ok Loved the new episode... It was able to wake me up more than my morning coffee did on the way to work this morning.

And yes Wade I think you know me too well... Now the issue I have is I can't find the website you downloaded Mortis from!

I'm working on my Halloween stuff and I want to get it done this weekend since we're moving house soon so I'm going to have to do some packing and then not have internet for a week or so once we're in the new house...

Great to see you guys back as well!

I spelled it wrong it is actually Mortiis... 2 "i's

Going to correct that... hope you see it in time
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:19 pm

MORTIIS!

Rock Dungeon 78: Attack Of The Janice Joplin Clones Mortiis22

I don't think the singer dresses like that anymore, but he did for a long time.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:44 pm

dbm wrote:MORTIIS!

Holy shit.... Freaky Elf caveman look... or is it a Vulcan caveman... still freaky but I want to hit each side of the geek compass. Thanks Bill
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:10 am

dbm wrote:MORTIIS!

That guy looks really cool..... hope he hasn't given up on that look.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:50 am