The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

4 posters

Rock Dungeon 79: Bring Out Your Dead

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 79: Bring Out Your Dead Empty Rock Dungeon 79: Bring Out Your Dead

Post  Michael Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:16 pm

Episode 79 has the boys getting their holidays mixed up and have combined elements of Samhain, All Souls Day and The Day of the Dead. This episode is brought to you by Yankee Candle and Johnson and Johnson Band-Aids. The Dungeoneers are honoring their fallen Rock heroes in this extra long, extra moving and extra special episode. There are too many fallen Rock personalities to play in one show so the boys play the obvious ones... Rhodes, Morrison, Lynott and some lesser known Pritchard, Interior, Powell. All are dead, all are awesome. Yes your favorite might not be here and for that they apologize. This episode is best listened to while drinking an appropriate autumn beverage Harvest Beer or Apple Cider. Candy skulls are optional.

Get It Here

Music Clips:

Rhett Forrester - Assume The Position
    T.Rex - 20th Century Boy
    Gotthard - Angel
    The Lords Of The New Church - Things That Go Bump
    Ozzy Osbourne - S.A.T.O.
    Chicago - I'm A Man
    Lynyrd Skynyrd - Gimmee Three Steps
    The Beatles - Across The Universe
    Metallica - Creeping Death
    Humble Pie - Keep It On The Island
    Queen - Dead On Time
    The Doors - Break On Through
    Ratt - Wanted Man
    The Cramps - Naked Girl Falling Down The Stairs
    Uriah Heep - Suicidal Man
    The Who - Now I'm A Farmer
    Deep Purple - Coming Home
    Rory Gallagher - Cruise On Out
    Thin Lizzy - Heart Attack
    Avenged Sevenfold - Unbound (The Wild Ride)
    AC/DC - Shot Down In Flames
    Rainbow - Do You CLose Your Eyes
    Quiet Riot - Don't Wanna Let You Go
    Savatage - Sammy & Tex
    Def Leppard - Let It Go
    The Ramones - Howlin' At The Moon
    Foghat - Wide Boy
    The Beach Boys - Little Deuce Coup
    Armored Saint - Take A Turn
    Rene Berg - Can't Get To Sleep
    Frank Zappa - Goblin Girl
    The Yardbirds - Mister You're A Better Man Than I
    The Knack - She's So Selfish
    The Clash - SHould I Stay Or Should I Go
    dbm
    dbm

Rock Dungeon 79: Bring Out Your Dead Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 79: Bring Out Your Dead

Post  dbm Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:51 pm

I just listened to that Quiet Riot album last week after many many years of not doing so. When 'Don't Wanna Let You Go' played I said 'Damn, that's still a great song. They should play that on the Dungeon.' Smile

I'll try to send you another request this week... via my MIND!

And yeah, that Queen song was awesome.

And thanks for choking me up with the Eric mention. Miss you buddy!
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 79: Bring Out Your Dead Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 79: Bring Out Your Dead

Post  Michael Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 pm

dbm wrote:I just listened to that Quiet Riot album last week after many many years of not doing so. When 'Don't Wanna Let You Go' played I said 'Damn, that's still a great song. They should play that on the Dungeon.' Smile

I'll try to send you another request this week... via my MIND!

And yeah, that Queen song was awesome.

And thanks for choking me up with the Eric mention. Miss you buddy!

I cannot here any Frank Zappa song without thinking of Eric... It just seemed appropriate to do it here. I almost went with Thunderbird which is also an awesome song but then I thought... That was for Randy. So your brainwaves came crashing into my mind and the choice was made. Jazz is my favorite Queen album and I feel the last great Queen album. I will be awaiting your suggestions as I gather up my devil,demon,hell selections for the Halloween eppy. You know you could send in a song for the Halloween episode... just sayin afro
    Mike1973
    Mike1973

Post  Mike1973 Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:44 am

Still listening but we can add Ari Up from the Slits to the list. She died of cancer recently.
    Step-daughter of Johnny Rotten and opener for the Clash back in the day, she had restarted the Slits in 2006 and she was a bright light that was extinguished too soon.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:33 am

Mike1973 wrote:Still listening but we can add Ari Up from the Slits to the list. She died of cancer recently.
    Step-daughter of Johnny Rotten and opener for the Clash back in the day, she had restarted the Slits in 2006 and she was a bright light that was extinguished too soon.

Tell you what Tantric Prog Master... Why don't you send us a music clip and we will play it on the next non "special" episode. I am not familiar with the Slits. I am sure that many of our listeners are not either. So it is actually your duty to do this. Dungeoneers the world over are depending on you... DO NOT LET THEM DOWN!!!!
    squeex92
    squeex92

Post  squeex92 Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:31 am

Hey Dad.. im getting used to your heavy metal shit for music.. lol believe it or not i have like no country music on my ipod.. you proud?? lol listeing to your podcast right now.. so you want me to drink beer..?? lol
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:33 am

squeex92 wrote:Hey Dad.. im getting used to your heavy metal shit for music.. lol believe it or not i have like no country music on my ipod.. you proud?? lol listeing to your podcast right now.. so you want me to drink beer..?? lol

Actually its mostly my heavy metal shit and his punk rock shit. But yes I am very proud of you. You can drink a hearty foliage ROOT beer ok cheers
    Mike1973
    Mike1973

Post  Mike1973 Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:33 am

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:38 am