The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

4 posters

Rock Dungeon 80: Mike Portnoy Does What?

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 80: Mike Portnoy Does What? Empty Rock Dungeon 80: Mike Portnoy Does What?

Post  Michael Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:26 pm

On this the 80th episode of the fantastical Rock Dungeon Podcast the boys are trying to kick it back to normal mode and fortunately they get by with a little help from their friends. Aaron comes through with a trivia that does NOT have Wade rolling his eyes and was supplied by our own Allroy. Damian (Australian for Awesome) sends us a track from a unknown band down under that is reminiscent of a female fronted tool. Our Tantric Prog Master sends in a track to honor a dead Slit. Mike seems unable to remember anything but still manages to play some rocking music. Wade seems... well... mean and sometimes needlessly cruel but still manages to deliver the goods music wise while also telling us of his love for Japanese bass and Finnish cellos. Mike also is shocked and pleased to have his name mentioned on another podcast with Mike Portnoy. This podcast will self-destruct in 2 hours and 8 minutes after you hit play on your media device!

Get It Here

Music Clips:

Against Me - White Crosses
    Sex Slaves - Contagious
    Virgin Steele - Pagan Heart (New)
    Smoke Or Fire - What Separates Us All
    Alter Bridge - Isolation (New)
    Blackrain - Overloaded
    The Queers - Tamara Is A Punk
    The Slits - Typical Girls
    TRIVIA
    Masi - Hanging On
    Tsunami - The Runaround
    My Chemical Romance - Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na)(New)
    Gypsy Pistoleros - Welcome To The Hotel De La Muerte
    Apocalyptica - I'm Not Jesus
    Flyleaf - Perfect
    Tetsuo Sukari - Another Kingdom
    Miss Crazy - No Compromise

Mike1973
    Mike1973

Rock Dungeon 80: Mike Portnoy Does What? Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 80: Mike Portnoy Does What?

Post  Mike1973 Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:28 am

Another most excellent episode, gentlemen. Please don't hurt me but Mike, you said Ari Up was married to Johnny Rotten. Her Mom was married to him, so that makes him her step-father, not husband Razz I have to find it again but Wade was saying someone sounded like Grace Slick, there's a band back during that time that someone sounded like her. 'Affinity' with frontwoman, Linda Hoyle.
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 80: Mike Portnoy Does What? Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 80: Mike Portnoy Does What?

Post  Michael Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:33 am

Mike1973 wrote:Another most excellent episode, gentlemen. Please don't hurt me but Mike, you said Ari Up was married to Johnny Rotten. Her Mom was married to him, so that makes him her step-father, not husband Razz I have to find it again but Wade was saying someone sounded like Grace Slick, there's a band back during that time that someone sounded like her. 'Affinity' with frontwoman, Linda Hoyle.

I could never hurt my Honey Brother... You are right about Ari and her marriage. See thats what happens when I do not get a full email talking about her and I have to do it quick like from Wiki. If I had thought about it I would have realized about the timing etc. Oh well you get what you play for. It was the not remembered Damian song that sounded like Grace Slick. Now what type of music was Affinity? Because depending on genre will decide which one of us (myself or Wade) Gets to dig around. You know you could send us a song sample and let us decide. That is an option also. Anyway it is always awesome when you comment on our episode because you generally say Nice show and then hit us (me) in the nose with a newspaper. If we do not make mistakes we cannot grow and with the mistakes I make it explains my larger than life size. Thank you Honey brother. You are the bomb diggity cheers
    Mike1973
    Mike1973

Post  Mike1973 Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:41 am

When I get home, I'll send you some Affinity but they were the same genre as Airplane.
    Listening to the F Bombcast this morning confirmed it, I KNEW I heard R2D2 in the background!
    Morgan, go watch your movie! Was it the OT, NT or all six?
    Mike1973
    Mike1973

Post  Mike1973 Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:37 pm

Song sent. It's a cool song called 'Yes Man'.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Mike1973 wrote:When I get home, I'll send you some Affinity but they were the same genre as Airplane.
    Listening to the F Bombcast this morning confirmed it, I KNEW I heard R2D2 in the background!
    Morgan, go watch your movie! Was it the OT, NT or all six?

Yes my wife and son were watching the Original and really only trilogy that George Lucas has done. Watch New Hope and Empire Saturday and Return on Sunday. Yes I still hate Ewoks. I dislike them more than Jar Jar.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:32 pm

Mike1973 wrote:Song sent. It's a cool song called 'Yes Man'.

Got the song and it will be unveiled on episode 81. Our true reaction will be displayed as I will not listen beforehand
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:09 pm

Ok I finally got to listen after moving house and getting the internet back on and I did forget the song name and band...

The Song is Confidence and band is Naiad.

I'll organize a download for you when I get home.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:30 am

Lord Shaper wrote:Ok I finally got to listen after moving house and getting the internet back on and I did forget the song name and band...

That will be awesome Sir. Wade and I were both quite taken with her voice.
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:46 am

Michael wrote:
    Lord Shaper wrote:Ok I finally got to listen after moving house and getting the internet back on and I did forget the song name and band...

That will be awesome Sir. Wade and I were both quite taken with her voice.

It's before midnight so here it is...

Anyone who was interested grab it from the below link:
    Naiad - In Bardo

Let me know what you think.

Also to hear what Judi is doing now you can check out The Sky Project just be prepared for something different to Naiad!
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:52 pm

Lol, "Mike Manning", that was funny.

That Slits song was good, I hadn't heard them before.

I have the first Smoke or Fire cd. It's good, but gets on my nerves quick.

Wade, I watched that video you tweeted, or posted, or wherever I saw it. That dude's awesome.

And thanks for the confirmation; I knew I heard Chewbacca in the background. Smile
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:43 pm

dbm wrote:Lol, "Mike Manning", that was funny.

That Slits song was good, I hadn't heard them before.

I have the first Smoke or Fire cd. It's good, but gets on my nerves quick.

Wade, I watched that video you tweeted, or posted, or wherever I saw it. That dude's awesome.

And thanks for the confirmation; I knew I heard Chewbacca in the background. Smile

I actually had to rewind that segment twice as I was listening... It was to awesome to bring to our faithful listeners

The dude is pretty phenomenal... what a bass player... and yes it was the mighty Wookie in the background. I get secretly pleased when you have not heard of a band before. Kinda odd I know, but you my friend are Captain Eclectic when it come to "rock" music and something that you have not heard of is an impressive feat. Thanks so much for listening Bill it is appreciated.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:58 am