The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

3 posters

Rock Dungeon 83: Finland Hates Britney Spears

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 83: Finland Hates Britney Spears Empty Rock Dungeon 83: Finland Hates Britney Spears

Post  Michael Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:26 pm

This raucous edition of the Rock Dungeon Podcast is all about whats in the mail. The boys are both on a wild buying spree of new cds and cannot remember what they have ordered. They revisit some recent artists and introduce a few more to their listeners. Mike is once again drinking under a blue moon and Wade is drinking under a pumpkin. Lots of music this eppy all killer no filler...Enjoy

Get It Here

Music Clips:

My Chemical Romance – Bulletproof Heart (New)
    Suicidal Tendencies – Suicidal Maniac (New)
    Sex Slaves – Fuk 4 Luv
    Apocalyptica – Bittersweet
    Chiodos – Love Is A Cat From Hell
    In This Moment – The Promise
    Seventh Key – It Should Have Been You
    Murderdolls – Nowhere
    Helix – Go Hard Or Go Home
    Social Distortion – Machine Gun Blues (New)
    The Poodles – Seven Seas
    Requiem For The Dead – Act One Terrible Tale Of Two (New)
    Aranda – All I Ever Wanted
    Clutch – Electric Worry
    Freakshow – It's Really Over
    Shaman's Harvest – Dragonfly
    Toy Matinee – There Was A Little Boy
    Papercut Massacre – Lose My Life
    Atomsmash – Do Her Wrong
    Burn Halo – Dirty Little Girl
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Rock Dungeon 83: Finland Hates Britney Spears Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 83: Finland Hates Britney Spears

Post  ccordova2 Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:30 pm

this was an awesome episode guys!!!!!
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 83: Finland Hates Britney Spears Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 83: Finland Hates Britney Spears

Post  Michael Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:55 pm

ccordova2 wrote:this was an awesome episode guys!!!!!

But what about the songs that Wade pointed out to you. Drop us a voicemail, let us know if he was right. Our show is always awesome Smile

But we would not be anywhere as close to awesome as we are without our loyal listeners
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:51 pm

Sorry for the low listener turn out but really you two do not need our help to put on an awesome show. Case in point, you've added at least two new bands to my must buy list. The tunes you played by Sex Slaves and The Poodles were both awesome and I've got to get me some, not to mention Autosmash and Burn Halo. I shall be trying to acquire some of all of them asap. And as much as I don't want to admit it, the My Chemical Romance song was incredible.

Funny you picked this show to discover Clutch. The original song I had selected to send in to your Thanksgiving show, until you changed the topic from food to togetherness, was Wishbone by Clutch. Wade you fargin' bastich, that's two of my back pocket bands that you've ripped from my clutches. So ok, I don't know a lot about the band but I've got a few of their CD's and I'm going to throw out a recommendation anyway. Their self titled album "Clutch" rocks some serious socks. Greg and I saw them open up for Marylin Manson back in the 90's at some small bar in our area when they were promoting this one and they blew the doors off of Marylin. Although as usual, Greg had to convince me of that (he's the musical genius in this family as you all must know by now). I thought they were great in concert but didn't think I would like them beyond that, which is a serious bad on me.

Feel free to throw my TG pick out, I can save it for another day. As I'm sure you know JD never goes out of style.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:05 am

Crimson Pig wrote:Sorry for the low listener turn out but really you two do not need our help to put on an awesome show. Case in point, you've added at least two new bands to my must buy list. The tunes you played by Sex Slaves and The Poodles were both awesome and I've got to get me some, not to mention Autosmash and Burn Halo. I shall be trying to acquire some of all of them asap. And as much as I don't want to admit it, the My Chemical Romance song was incredible.

Funny you picked this show to discover Clutch. The original song I had selected to send in to your Thanksgiving show, until you changed the topic from food to togetherness, was Wishbone by Clutch. Wade you fargin' bastich, that's two of my back pocket bands that you've ripped from my clutches. So ok, I don't know a lot about the band but I've got a few of their CD's and I'm going to throw out a recommendation anyway. Their self titled album "Clutch" rocks some serious socks. Greg and I saw them open up for Marylin Manson back in the 90's at some small bar in our area when they were promoting this one and they blew the doors off of Marylin. Although as usual, Greg had to convince me of that (he's the musical genius in this family as you all must know by now). I thought they were great in concert but didn't think I would like them beyond that, which is a serious bad on me.

Feel free to throw my TG pick out, I can save it for another day. As I'm sure you know JD never goes out of style.

Wade is ok... me i am the Diva. I need constant reminding of how awesome I am without it I start doubting myself and the show suffers. If you follow me on twitter you received the unfortunate news about no eppy this week... This is ALL Wades fault... He is the one that tried to upgrade his computer... he is the one that poured bleach in his eyes... he is the one that is working insane hours... ok both of us are... and honestly we did not have time this week to prepare a proper show. We probably could have half assed it and you guys might have been happy... but we would know.

Your TG pick will be played on the next eppy Chris... I promise. You and Wade have always kinda been in each others pockets ... If I was the jealous type I might be upset. I think that you might be selling yourself just a little bit short on the musical genius we at the Dungeon feel that you are pretty high on the rock acumen totem pole. Wade and I are thinking about doing an episode once a month with a listener... would you be interested? All you need is skype (its free) and a microphone or a headset and you to can be a Dungeoneer. You get to bring your own songs and interact with us. We had a fantastic time doing the show with Keith and Aaron we would like to expand it...so let us (me) know. Anyway you are 24k pure awesome.
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:29 am

Since you've heard my song intros, I assume you know what you are getting in for (does deep hurting ring a bell? MST3K anyone?). Yes, I would love to do an episode with you both. I've got Skype so I am ready to go in a matter of "speaking" (I assume you saw that that was in quotes since I am pointing it out and everything). I'm sure I can fill in all those non existent pauses with some uncomfortable silence (my speciality). You both like pop, rap and easy listening right? I'll be bringing a heavy dose of Kenny G, Loggins and Messina and Hall and Oates. Ok, maybe not so much of those but you are in serious danger of getting some Bread, and I'm not even kidding about that. Buyer beware, caveat emptor and all that.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:57 am

Crimson Pig wrote:Since you've heard my song intros, I assume you know what you are getting in for (does deep hurting ring a bell? MST3K anyone?). Yes, I would love to do an episode with you both. I've got Skype so I am ready to go in a matter of "speaking" (I assume you saw that that was in quotes since I am pointing it out and everything). I'm sure I can fill in all those non existent pauses with some uncomfortable silence (my speciality). You both like pop, rap and easy listening right? I'll be bringing a heavy dose of Kenny G, Loggins and Messina and Hall and Oates. Ok, maybe not so much of those but you are in serious danger of getting some Bread, and I'm not even kidding about that. Buyer beware, caveat emptor and all that.

We love your song intros... especially the Halloween one was "AWESOME" (you saw that I put it in quotes and everything) I am a huge fan of Kenny G, Loggins and Messina and have a deep love for Hall and Oates but Baby Ima Want You on the show... Bring it... Get that... Its a Bread song.... funny Huh.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:27 am