The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

2 posters

Rock Dungeon 87: Mad Sinning With Guppies

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 87: Mad Sinning With Guppies Empty Rock Dungeon 87: Mad Sinning With Guppies

Post  Michael Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:48 pm

The first episode of the new year has the boys making some show resolutions and rockin' out to some fantastic future road trip material. Mike Portnoy's band life is discussed along with what the new Dream Theater drummer has in store for him. Wade does a show review of the new Mad Sin cd which seemed to go well and could become a new feature. We are also introduced at long last to Bogo Guppy which is Mike's friend's band. All in all a far superior episode to the last. Take this eppy home and tuck it snugly into your playback device and enjoy

Get It Here

Music Clips:

Seventh Wonder – Alley Cat (New)
    The Damned Things – Bad Blood (New)
    Scum Of The Earth – The Murder Song
    Love Equals Death – When We Fall
    Fully Down – Live And Die By The Shotgun Rules
    Mad Sin – Cursed (New)
    Mad Sin – Wreckhouse Stomp (New)
    Paul Gilbert – Jackhammer
    Stereoside – So Long
    Smoking Popes – Brand New Hairstyle (New)
    Skindred – Nobody
    Zombie Ghost Train – Teddy Boy Boogie
    Bogo Guppy – When I Was Your Age (New)
    Dead Poetic – New Medicine
    Dirty Sweet – You've Been Warned
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Rock Dungeon 87: Mad Sinning With Guppies Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 87: Mad Sinning With Guppies

Post  Crimson Pig Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:36 am

I'm coming up a bit behind because for some reason your ep's will no longer play on my MP3 player, so I had to buy a new one, just for you Wink. so I will soon be catching up. First of all the new segment, I've got to say I love it. Great job and all Wade. The extra info is awesome and getting to hear two songs by the band really helps in making the decision on whether to pick them up or not. Mad Sin, although I love everything you've played on the Dungeon in this episode and the previous ones, after looking them up on Amazon are a little too rich for my blood. Love to have some but can't afford to lay out the cash. Would love to see you expand on this, maybe give the same treatment to any new (or old) bands you just want to spread the word on. Regardless of how many band you treat each show.

As for the rest. Love = Death = Awesome. Paul Gilbert continues to shine. Stereoside was incredible. Dirty Sweet was maybe not the Stones for me but definetely some 60's rock, good shiite. And last but not least I absolutely loved Bogo Guppy, they were very Aquabats in my opinion. If they are selling these cd's in any way please let me know. I will definetely grab one and jump on their bandwagon.
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 87: Mad Sinning With Guppies Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 87: Mad Sinning With Guppies

Post  Michael Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:56 am

Crimson Pig wrote:I'm coming up a bit behind because for some reason your ep's will no longer play on my MP3 player, so I had to buy a new one, just for you Wink. so I will soon be catching up. First of all the new segment, I've got to say I love it. Great job and all Wade. The extra info is awesome and getting to hear two songs by the band really helps in making the decision on whether to pick them up or not. Mad Sin, although I love everything you've played on the Dungeon in this episode and the previous ones, after looking them up on Amazon are a little too rich for my blood. Love to have some but can't afford to lay out the cash. Would love to see you expand on this, maybe give the same treatment to any new (or old) bands you just want to spread the word on. Regardless of how many band you treat each show.

As for the rest. Love = Death = Awesome. Paul Gilbert continues to shine. Stereoside was incredible. Dirty Sweet was maybe not the Stones for me but definetely some 60's rock, good shiite. And last but not least I absolutely loved Bogo Guppy, they were very Aquabats in my opinion. If they are selling these cd's in any way please let me know. I will definetely grab one and jump on their bandwagon.

That is a first... I have not changed anything about them since the last hiatus. Sorry about that Chris. Check out the Stererside review done in the next eppy. I will talk to Ross and see whats he would like me to do. I know I can get you a Bogo Guppy cd or the tunes... I can let you know. Thanks for buying a new mp3 player just for us Smile
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:44 pm

It was probably just my crappy MP3 player, I needed a new one anyway and Greg actually helped me out there. That's what family is for as they say. Didn't think about it when posting but decided to look Bogo Guppy up on the web to see if I could order the CD myself. Didn't have any luck but was able to hear the 4 songs they had posted on MySpace. I thought the three that you did not play had a completely different feel to them. Still liked them but thought they had more of a Twisted Sister vibe than an Aquabats vibe. If you can procure me a CD I would be very grateful and obviously would reimburse you for cost plus shipping.

On an unrelated note I'm listening to ep 88 while writing this and have to reiterate that I'm loving Hardcore Superstar. That song is so catchy. Unfortunately their stuff is as expensive than Mad Sin. I always hate to drop new CD prices for a used CD but I'm seriously thinking about it with these two bands. My Amazon trigger finger is getting very itchy right now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:20 am