The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

3 posters

Rock Dungeon 88: Left Side, Right Side, Stereoside

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 88: Left Side, Right Side, Stereoside Empty Rock Dungeon 88: Left Side, Right Side, Stereoside

Post  Michael Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Welcome Dungeoneers to another scintillating episode of the Rock Dungeon. Mike is horribly under the weather but plows through bringing another on show review of Steroside and Wade clears the air once and for all of what are his favorites are in just about every category. We honor the dead of the first week of the year and discuss Portnoy's new band. Enjoy

Get It Here

Music Clips:

Thin Lizzy – The Rocker
    Gerry Rafferty – Sleepwalking
    Y&T – I'm Coming Home
    The Independents – Wolf's Howl
    Alpha Rev – Colder Months (New)
    A.F.I. - Ever And A Day
    Cake – Sick Of You (New)
    Richie Kotzen – Angry Boy (New)
    Stereoside – Risktaker
    Stereoside – Crazy & Paranoid
    Doctor Butcher – Lost In The Dark
    Rancid – Lulu
    Leverage – Horizon
    The Damned – I Need A Life
    Hardcore Superstar – Honey Tongue
    Roxanne – Sweet Maria
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Rock Dungeon 88: Left Side, Right Side, Stereoside Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 88: Left Side, Right Side, Stereoside

Post  Crimson Pig Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:02 am

Nice way to follow up the expanded coverage with Stereoside Mike, keep this segment up please. Appreciate you continuing on with the show even though you were obviously way under the weather. We love you for that, the show must go on and all I assume. The best of the rest, Y & T brings back great memories of shows past, AFI, Rancid is always stellar, The Damned and Hard Core Superstar were all a treat.
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 88: Left Side, Right Side, Stereoside Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 88: Left Side, Right Side, Stereoside

Post  Michael Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:03 am

Crimson Pig wrote:Nice way to follow up the expanded coverage with Stereoside Mike, keep this segment up please. Appreciate you continuing on with the show even though you were obviously way under the weather. We love you for that, the show must go on and all I assume. The best of the rest, Y & T brings back great memories of shows past, AFI, Rancid is always stellar, The Damned and Hard Core Superstar were all a treat.

Damn played the wrong Stereoside tracks to get you to buy them... epic fail Sad Yeah I was not feeling that good at all. I have/ had a lung infection so breathing is kind of hard when I get slammed with cold air so I also missed work this week. I am glad the mp3 player is still holding up. Glad the majority of the music is appealing to you. As long as the podcasting is fun it is not a chore even when sick and youo have an amazing cohost like Wade who happens to be your bestest friend in the entire world makes it all possible. Thank you for listening and posting. You have NO idea how much it is appreciated.
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:12 pm

You played the right Stereoside song in the previous show, "So Long" was awesome. I liked the songs in this ep too but the band is just not to my particular "spending" taste. I'll listen to them all day long but I'm probably never going to buy anything by them unless they fall into that "hell's yeah" sweet spot on Amazon (which for me is pretty low). That is why I appreciate your show so much, it is like my own personal XM radio station with the addition of some cool DJ's.
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Would it surprise you if I said I have an Anal Cunt cd? Or would it surprise you if I said I didn't?

I listened to some tracks of their new album. Did not like.

Their old stuff is more just noise, less musical. It's better. Yeah, it's still just a bunch of noise. They've never really risen above 'novelty band' for me.

If you want some real noise, check out the Swiss band 'Fear of God' (not the religious one of the same name obviously). Actually, Mike, don't check it out cuz you'll hate it.

Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:43 pm

dbm wrote:Would it surprise you if I said I have an Anal Cunt cd? Or would it surprise you if I said I didn't?

I listened to some tracks of their new album. Did not like.

Their old stuff is more just noise, less musical. It's better. Yeah, it's still just a bunch of noise. They've never really risen above 'novelty band' for me.

If you want some real noise, check out the Swiss band 'Fear of God' (not the religious one of the same name obviously). Actually, Mike, don't check it out cuz you'll hate it.

Bill... There is nothing you could have in your record catalog that would surprise me. Your music much like your comics defy genrefication. You are a true renaissance man. I have checked out Fear of God (not the religious band) and you are right I do not like them... but they are far superior to Anal Cunt. I am very curious as to what you think of Mundo's Brain from the new episode. I think it was the pure non musical noise that Anal Cunt displayed which really turned me off. The titles of their songs made me chuckle and maybe that added to my dislike... Hard telling.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:38 am