The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

4 posters

Rock Dungeon 89: Brain Sucking Bad Religion

Poll

Mundo's Brain Is:

[ 1 ]
    Rock Dungeon 89: Brain Sucking Bad Religion Vote_lcap33%Rock Dungeon 89: Brain Sucking Bad Religion Vote_rcap [33%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Rock Dungeon 89: Brain Sucking Bad Religion Vote_lcap67%Rock Dungeon 89: Brain Sucking Bad Religion Vote_rcap [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rock Dungeon 89: Brain Sucking Bad Religion Vote_lcap0%Rock Dungeon 89: Brain Sucking Bad Religion Vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Rock Dungeon 89: Brain Sucking Bad Religion Vote_lcap0%Rock Dungeon 89: Brain Sucking Bad Religion Vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 89: Brain Sucking Bad Religion Empty Rock Dungeon 89: Brain Sucking Bad Religion

Post  Michael Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:06 pm

The boys are in rare form as they tear into another episode of music and frivolity. Wade plays what Mike thinks is the worst thing he has heard on the show. Listeners, Kenny and Damian get some love. Mike explains his lung infection and new love for the '90s. Wade does a review of the new Bad Religion cd. All in all, a fun filled episode.

Get It Here

Music Clips:

The Refreshments – European Swallow
    Munbo's Brain – Demons
    Ricky Warwick – The Whiskey Song – Feckin' Whiskey (New)
    Sum 41 – Screaming Bloody Murder (New)
    Journey – Stone In Love
    Bad Religion – Only Rain (New)
    Bad Religion – Cyanide (New)
    Stabbing Westward – Shame
    Gene Loves Jezebel – Break The Chain
    The Who – 5:15
    Big Head Todd & The Monsters – Broken Hearted Savior
    Godsmack – Cryin' Like A Bitch (New)
    King's X – Pretend
    The Duckyboys – Scars
    Riot Act – Did You Hear (What They Said)
    The 69 Eyes – Never Say Die
    dbm
    dbm

Rock Dungeon 89: Brain Sucking Bad Religion Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 89: Brain Sucking Bad Religion

Post  dbm Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Mumbo's Brain was ok. I didn't like the yelling part, but the rest was good. I looked that Skipp dude up, and he co-wrote a book called "The Emerald Burrito of Oz" which I now have to get.

I like the new Bad Religion song. I don't like a few tracks (Cyanide, Pallor). I don't think it's that much of a departure overall, maybe a return to some earlier roots (Against the Grain)?

Gene Loves Jezebel? I wouldn't have pegged you for that one Mike. I have most of their albums. They changed a bit after one of the brothers left.

Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Rock Dungeon 89: Brain Sucking Bad Religion Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 89: Brain Sucking Bad Religion

Post  Wade Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:46 pm

dbm wrote:Mumbo's Brain was ok. I didn't like the yelling part, but the rest was good. I looked that Skipp dude up, and he co-wrote a book called "The Emerald Burrito of Oz" which I now have to get.

I like the new Bad Religion song. I don't like a few tracks (Cyanide, Pallor). I don't think it's that much of a departure overall, maybe a return to some earlier roots (Against the Grain)?

Gene Loves Jezebel? I wouldn't have pegged you for that one Mike. I have most of their albums. They changed a bit after one of the brothers left.

Thanks Dbm ... a little support is all ya need sometimes. The truth is I don't love Mumbo's brain all that much but don't let Mike know. There are better tracks but that song just has an Aura of originality I couldn't pass on. I agree with ya totally on the new Bad Religion, I just hoped it would really be special for there 30'th celebration.
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:16 am

I'll agree with DBM on Mumbo's Brain. Really liked most of it but the yelling parts were hard to take. I'm not really against the yelling in general, just didn't think he pulled it off very well. Brain vs. The Darkness however, based on the little I've heard by both of them, I would probably go with The Darkness, actually really liked whatever their hit was that came out a few years back.

Enjoyed the segment on Bad Religion. I had nothing to compare it to since I've never followed them but thought both of the tunes you played sounded great. As did the Sum 41. Enjoyed most of the 90's stuff you played as well. I'd heard of all those bands but think I'd only heard music by a couple of them. The Refreshments and Stabbing Westward were stand outs for me.

Journey also takes me back to a place in the early 80's. The interior of a friends beat up 70's Cutlass Supreme. He was hooked on this album for a while after it came out and forced the rest of us to listen to it constantly. He was the only one who could drive at the time so we didn't really have a choice in the matter. I don't think we really minded that much though. Brings back some good memories.
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:25 am

Crimson Pig wrote:I'll agree with DBM on Mumbo's Brain. Really liked most of it but the yelling parts were hard to take. I'm not really against the yelling in general, just didn't think he pulled it off very well. Brain vs. The Darkness however, based on the little I've heard by both of them, I would probably go with The Darkness, actually really liked whatever their hit was that came out a few years back.

Enjoyed the segment on Bad Religion. I had nothing to compare it to since I've never followed them but thought both of the tunes you played sounded great. As did the Sum 41. Enjoyed most of the 90's stuff you played as well. I'd heard of all those bands but think I'd only heard music by a couple of them. The Refreshments and Stabbing Westward were stand outs for me.

Journey also takes me back to a place in the early 80's. The interior of a friends beat up 70's Cutlass Supreme. He was hooked on this album for a while after it came out and forced the rest of us to listen to it constantly. He was the only one who could drive at the time so we didn't really have a choice in the matter. I don't think we really minded that much though. Brings back some good memories.

Thanks for the feedback Chris, you opinions are greatly appreciated and held in the highest respect, especially when we agree .... tongue Keep posting buddy, we love ya.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:19 am

dbm wrote:Mumbo's Brain was ok. I didn't like the yelling part, but the rest was good. I looked that Skipp dude up, and he co-wrote a book called "The Emerald Burrito of Oz" which I now have to get.

See thats where I think we diverse in music in general. You can get past the horrible vocals to appreciate the song/music itself. I have 5? Gene Loves Jezabel cds and like I said just digging in my past and right now they float my boat. I did not realize that one of the Bros had left. I would actually like to see a discography of the cds you own Bill.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:22 am

Crimson Pig wrote:I'll agree with DBM on Mumbo's Brain. Really liked most of it but the yelling parts were hard to take. I'm not really against the yelling in general, just didn't think he pulled it off very well. Brain vs. The Darkness however, based on the little I've heard by both of them, I would probably go with The Darkness, actually really liked whatever their hit was that came out a few years back.

Yay another vote for The Darkness. The Refreshments cd has become a staple in my cd player and is going on future Road trip. I have ordered the other one and a few of the singers projects after the breakup of the Refreshments. It just launched me. I am glad that the Journey song took you to a happy younger place also. It may seem trite but music is power.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:55 am