The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

2 posters

Rock Dungeon 90: Two Thousand and Tenners

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 90: Two Thousand and Tenners Empty Rock Dungeon 90: Two Thousand and Tenners

Post  Michael Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:05 pm

Welcome to Rock Dungeon's Best of 2010 episode. The boys bring their top 6 fave cds of 2010 along with their best comebacks and new bands of the past year. They also hand out some disappointments and what they hope for in 2011. Enjoy

Get It Here

Music Clips:
    The Murderdolls – Summertime Suicide
    Wig Wam – Still I'm Burning
    Calabrese – Deep In The Red
    Kamelot – The Zodiac
    Black Country Communion – The Great Divide
    Danko Jones – Like Dynamite
    Peter Frampton - Solution
    Y&T – On With The Show
    Danko Jones - Active Volcanos
    Volbeat – Fallen
    Avenged Sevenfold – Natural Born Killer
    Orianthi – Think Like A Man
    The Damned Things – Friday Night
    Dommin – Tonight
    The Creepshow – Road To Nowhere
    Mad Sin – Am I Human
    Mr. Big – Still Ain't Enough For Me
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Rock Dungeon 90: Two Thousand and Tenners Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 90: Two Thousand and Tenners

Post  Crimson Pig Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:45 pm

Wade you Sum of a bitch, calling us out on that last episode. Fair enough, I delayed far too long in responding. First of all I've got to commend you both on all of your picks for the year. Can't say I can argue with any of them, except maybe Calabrese in 4th place. They were my number two. Seriously though, both of your number fives could very well have been my number ones. What a great way to start the show, Wig Wam and the Murder Dolls, are you kidding me. Yes, I know you are not kidding. This is serious bidness.

Honesty, even your up and comers I thought were awesome, both Dommin and the Damned Things just blew me away. I did hear the first song released by the DT but really wasn't impressed. This one changed my mind though (unless this was the first one in which case I am a serious schmuck), it kicked some serious ass.

Wade, maybe I'm wrong but to me, that Peter Frampton tune sounded exactly like Ritchie Kotzen. Any wonder why you were enamered with it? Not blaming you, thought the song was great, but just wondering.

All I can really say is that I looked most of these bands up on Amazon after the show and even though most were really pricey, I am seriously contemplating purchasing this shit which knowing me (the $1 bin dumpster diver) should tell you how much I liked the stuff.
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 90: Two Thousand and Tenners Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 90: Two Thousand and Tenners

Post  Michael Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:Wade you Sum of a bitch, calling us out on that last episode. Fair enough, I delayed far too long in responding. First of all I've got to commend you both on all of your picks for the year. Can't say I can argue with any of them, except maybe Calabrese in 4th place. They were my number two. Seriously though, both of your number fives could very well have been my number ones. What a great way to start the show, Wig Wam and the Murder Dolls, are you kidding me. Yes, I know you are not kidding. This is serious bidness.

Honesty, even your up and comers I thought were awesome, both Dommin and the Damned Things just blew me away. I did hear the first song released by the DT but really wasn't impressed. This one changed my mind though (unless this was the first one in which case I am a serious schmuck), it kicked some serious ass.

Wade, maybe I'm wrong but to me, that Peter Frampton tune sounded exactly like Ritchie Kotzen. Any wonder why you were enamered with it? Not blaming you, thought the song was great, but just wondering.

All I can really say is that I looked most of these bands up on Amazon after the show and even though most were really pricey, I am seriously contemplating purchasing this shit which knowing me (the $1 bin dumpster diver) should tell you how much I liked the stuff.

I am pleased with your reaction. It makes me very happy. To have you spend more than a dollar on something we play is high praise indeed. I am sad that they are still a little to pricey but they are also all 2010 releases. In a couple of years they might be in your pricerange Razz

I did not hear Richie Kotzen in the Frampton song but then I am very familiar with Frampton so was not inclined to think otherwise.

As we said in the podcast this was a fantastic year for music and with SOoooooooo many quality releases. I cannot speak for Wade but up until the Friday before the show other than my number 1 it was in flux. Wig Wam was a late edition knocking of HIM. Kamelot was always going to be there even though I feel that the song I played was the weakest on the cd but I played it for Wade because Jon Oliva is on it. It is an amazing cd that just needs to be enjoyed in its entirety and not chopped up into song bits. It is an amazing Journey... but very heady and not to be listened to as background noise. Danko...well that cd is just the shit. Mr Big is just phenomenal. Orianthi always come back and worms her way (I WISH) into my playlist again and again. Volbeat... well ask your brother how awesome they are and how perfect their new cd is. Another band that gets better with each cd. Sorry went on longer than planned. Thank you so much for posting Chris you are the golden child of pure awesome.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:09 am