The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

3 posters

Rock Dungeon 97: Crisp Citrus Finish

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 97: Crisp Citrus Finish Empty Rock Dungeon 97: Crisp Citrus Finish

Post  Michael Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:17 am

The usual suspects are on hand for the 97th episode of the Rock Dungon. Pirate Metal, Beer and what constitutes a modern throbbing vein. New Music is played from Flogging Molly, Ted Nugent, Summer's End, Osaka Popstars, Mr. Big, Alestorm and Korpiklaani. Goes best with a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles. Enjoy

Get It Here

Music Clips:

Richie Kotzen – Remember (Reprise)
    Fall Out Boy – Sugar We're Going Down
    Pop Evil – Another Romeo And Juliet
    Flogging Molly – Don't Shut 'Em Down (New)
    Virgin Steele – The Bread of Wickedness
    The Pogues – The Sickbed of Cuchulain
    Ted Nugent – I Still Believe (New)
    Summer's End – Headwound (New)
    Mr. Big – All The Way Up (New)
    Mr. Big – I Won't Get In My Way (New)
    Nashville Pussy – Why, Why, Why
    Osaka Popstars – Where's The Cap'n (New)
    Crashdiet – Caught In Despair (New)
    Korpiklaani – Tequila (New)
    Zakk Wylde – Baby Please Don't Go
    Alestorm – Shipwrecked (New)
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Rock Dungeon 97: Crisp Citrus Finish Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 97: Crisp Citrus Finish

Post  Crimson Pig Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Been preoccupied with trivial matters like taxes and such but now that i've got those out of the way I can get back to more important things like the Dungeon. Obviously I've been listening all along and I think going back and commenting on all the shows would be too much work for me so i'll sum it up here and move on. Been enjoying your shows all along but last weeks I think was a particular high point, you were both on top of your game and it came through in the show.

I'm old so I'm not going to be able to recall all that has gone on in the last month and a half but I will start off by saying I do own a few clutch cds (but thanks for calling me out anyway), none of which were purchased for a dollar. Loved the title track you played off the Elephant Riders which coincidentally contains my favorite Clutch tune, Wishbone. It has got it all for me. It rocks, it's catchy and it has got that fun factor that I so enjoy and that I now know Mike enjoys aside from his objections. Greg an I actually first saw these guys opening up for Marylin Manson at a bar in a local college town in the early 90's. They definitely stole the show and have been a favorite of ours ever since.

After the Electric Six tune you threw out there, I don't think you can deny that you love the cheese. Speaking of which, Electric Six that is, based on the Clusterfuck? tune you played I bought one of their cds - Fire and contradicting my previous statement and in true Wade Ballou fashion I ordered the cheapest one I could find (kidding, that is definitely my MO), i've got to say it blew me away. I now have their entire catalog on order and that is something I have never done before for any band. Even with Waits it took me years to acquire his entire collection. So you have done the impossible and broke the Pfeifer bank.

Also loved and bought the Black Robot you played and concur with you whole heartedly that Baddass would be a tune that you could lead you through the rest of your life as an anthem, even if you only heard it in you own head (which I now do wherever I go). Appreciate you getting me on the ground floor of that band so I don't have to go back and purchase their whole back catalog. One and counting. Will disagree with though on the Black Sabbath inspired tune (23 Days of Night), I think that was my favorite cut on the cd although it was all pretty good. The tracks I had a problem with were the ballads. As much as I love a good ballad (by a balladier), there is no place for those in rock, at least in my opinion. Unfortunately, that is why I've never bought in to Mr. Big (my only reference the current show). Absolutely hated their first hit and it was all over for me at that point even though I was a huge fan of Billy Sheehan before them. Was a total fan of Talas.

Sorry for the long response, and I know it didn't have much to do with the latest episode but just had to get back in the fray in a big way. Regardless of the feedback you are getting on the forum I'm sure you know you are enjoyed, loved and even coveted by all your listeners out there. My pocket book has been broken wide open so keep them coming and keep on rocking.
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Rock Dungeon 97: Crisp Citrus Finish Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 97: Crisp Citrus Finish

Post  Wade Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:01 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:Been preoccupied with trivial matters like taxes and such but now that i've got those out of the way I can get back to more important things like the Dungeon. Obviously I've been listening all along and I think going back and commenting on all the shows would be too much work for me so i'll sum it up here and move on. Been enjoying your shows all along but last weeks I think was a particular high point, you were both on top of your game and it came through in the show.

I'm old so I'm not going to be able to recall all that has gone on in the last month and a half but I will start off by saying I do own a few clutch cds (but thanks for calling me out anyway), none of which were purchased for a dollar. Loved the title track you played off the Elephant Riders which coincidentally contains my favorite Clutch tune, Wishbone. It has got it all for me. It rocks, it's catchy and it has got that fun factor that I so enjoy and that I now know Mike enjoys aside from his objections. Greg an I actually first saw these guys opening up for Marylin Manson at a bar in a local college town in the early 90's. They definitely stole the show and have been a favorite of ours ever since.

After the Electric Six tune you threw out there, I don't think you can deny that you love the cheese. Speaking of which, Electric Six that is, based on the Clusterfuck? tune you played I bought one of their cds - Fire and contradicting my previous statement and in true Wade Ballou fashion I ordered the cheapest one I could find (kidding, that is definitely my MO), i've got to say it blew me away. I now have their entire catalog on order and that is something I have never done before for any band. Even with Waits it took me years to acquire his entire collection. So you have done the impossible and broke the Pfeifer bank.

Also loved and bought the Black Robot you played and concur with you whole heartedly that Baddass would be a tune that you could lead you through the rest of your life as an anthem, even if you only heard it in you own head (which I now do wherever I go). Appreciate you getting me on the ground floor of that band so I don't have to go back and purchase their whole back catalog. One and counting. Will disagree with though on the Black Sabbath inspired tune (23 Days of Night), I think that was my favorite cut on the cd although it was all pretty good. The tracks I had a problem with were the ballads. As much as I love a good ballad (by a balladier), there is no place for those in rock, at least in my opinion. Unfortunately, that is why I've never bought in to Mr. Big (my only reference the current show). Absolutely hated their first hit and it was all over for me at that point even though I was a huge fan of Billy Sheehan before them. Was a total fan of Talas.

Sorry for the long response, and I know it didn't have much to do with the latest episode but just had to get back in the fray in a big way. Regardless of the feedback you are getting on the forum I'm sure you know you are enjoyed, loved and even coveted by all your listeners out there. My pocket book has been broken wide open so keep them coming and keep on rocking.

Thanks for coming home Chris, we missed you muchly. You could never be to long winded for me, love to hear what you have to say... even when you're wrong Very Happy Just Messin With Ya...
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:Been preoccupied with trivial matters like taxes and such but now that i've got those out of the way I can get back to more important things like the Dungeon. Obviously I've been listening all along and I think going back and commenting on all the shows would be too much work for me so i'll sum it up here and move on. Been enjoying your shows all along but last weeks I think was a particular high point, you were both on top of your game and it came through in the show.

I BROKE the Pfeifer bank... how awesome is that. I agree about Electric 6 what a fantastic band. I have 2 of them... Zodiac and Fire. Black Robot is fantastic and I stick by my opinion... 23 Days of Night did not belong on that cd. It stuck out like a sore thumb. It was not a bad song... quite well done but just ruined the flow of the cd to me. Oh... you are wrong about ballads also cyclops

I like Wade love your long in depth responses. They make me think and disagree with you Laughing And even though our download numbers are good... feedback is what gives us impetus to keep going... well me anyway. Without feedback in one form or another you all become numbers and Wade and I can do this without recording... it is pretty much what we do anyway Razz Anyway Chris thank you for the long detailed response you made me happy and sad at the same time... Just call me Sally

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:25 am