The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

+3
Eric
ravenous
Michael
7 posters

Rock Dungeon 24 Toto we are not in Kansas anymore

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 24 Toto we are not in Kansas anymore Empty Rock Dungeon 24 Toto we are not in Kansas anymore

Post  Michael Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:23 pm

Episode 24 is the weird looking puppy you brought home from Mexico, he was sweet and just attached itself to you. It was expensive paying the illegal alien to smuggle him into the States but so worth it for such devotion. The Metal Prospector introduces the show as we dive deep into the unplugged, acoustic side of rock but still find time to discuss auto-erotic asphyxiation, breast feeding and the new genre called twat rock. Hurry up and get it before you bring your new pet to the vet for a checkup and find out you have brought home a rat. Get it Here

Trivia Aaron's Email scifidig@gmail.com

Linkies to the songs and albums:

Do You Love Me, from Kiss: MTV Unplugged
    Halellujah by Paramore, from RIOT! (live)
    Princess Valium, by Dogs D'Amour from King of Thieves
    Way Beyond Empty by Black Label Society from Book of Shadows
    You've Got No Friends by Bourbon Crow from Long Way To the Bottom
    Hurricane by Bob Dylan from The Rolling Thunder Revue
    I am Satan, by Paul Gilbert from Acoustic Samurai
    The Lady Wore Black, by Queensryche
    Rebel Yell by Billy Idol from VH1 Storytellers
    Life In Technicolor ii by Coldplay, from Prospekt's March
    Learning to Fall by Ricky Warwick from Love Many, Trust Few
    Let Down by Radiohead, from OK Computer
    Radar Love by Golden Earring from Naked Truth

Last edited by Michael on Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
    ravenous
    ravenous

Rock Dungeon 24 Toto we are not in Kansas anymore Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 24 Toto we are not in Kansas anymore

Post  ravenous Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:24 am

Nice job on the forum! Very organized. Surely this can't be Mike's work!?!?!?
    New RD WooHoo!
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 24 Toto we are not in Kansas anymore Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 24 Toto we are not in Kansas anymore

Post  Michael Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:47 am

Well you know it was not my handiwork...we have forum fairies that come and do the stuff for us...don't you?
    Eric
    Eric

Post  Eric Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:51 pm

Does that title mean you guys played Toto and Kansas? Cool
    ravenous
    ravenous

Post  ravenous Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:11 am

Listened to the trivia and you guys crack me up!

Any show that mentions Dylan and the Rolling Thunder Review is all aces in my book.
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:16 pm

Heeeeeeey!! I love the softer side of things so this was definitly to my liking!!! Very Happy
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Book of Shadows is a awesome album! one of Zakk's best!!

whoo hoo Queensryche!!! my local metal station (the best in the southwest) have had backstage & in the studio w/queensryche a couple of times (they always come on the air when they roll through town). they got some great acoustic sets recorded! awesome stuff!
    http://94rock.com/podcast/Queensryche_live_at_94rock.xml

they also got a killer live acoustic judas priest set from before a show they did here in town..

Last edited by ccordova2 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ravenous
    ravenous

Post  ravenous Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:04 pm

I really enjoyed Rebel Yell. I hadn't heard that version before.

You guys should do an 80's unplugged show.
    Luke

Post  Luke Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:28 pm

Hey guys, I'm back. Been listening to the show consistently, I just sorta fell off of posting. Anyway, I dug this episode. It's always nice to hear the acoustic stuff. I dug the Kiss and Queensryche tracks you played. Also, the quiz in the middle is a nice addition. Keep it up.
    Finally, I would advise against making jokes about David Carradine. I did while doing stand-up on Saturday, and as soon as I had finished the joke, the fire alarm went off. If that's not a sign I don't know what is.
    Heath
    Heath

Post  Heath Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:41 pm

Luke wrote:Hey guys, I'm back. Been listening to the show consistently, I just sorta fell off of posting. Anyway, I dug this episode. It's always nice to hear the acoustic stuff. I dug the Kiss and Queensryche tracks you played. Also, the quiz in the middle is a nice addition. Keep it up.
    Finally, I would advise against making jokes about David Carradine. I did while doing stand-up on Saturday, and as soon as I had finished the joke, the fire alarm went off. If that's not a sign I don't know what is.

Yeah, Karma took care of that one for you. I told another one the other day, and got a "oooo, too soon" look.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:58 pm

Luke wrote:Hey guys, I'm back. Been listening to the show consistently, I just sorta fell off of posting. Anyway, I dug this episode. It's always nice to hear the acoustic stuff. I dug the Kiss and Queensryche tracks you played. Also, the quiz in the middle is a nice addition. Keep it up.

Luke I missed you...I thought you had joined Britney Fox on the road and were opening for them. Listen do a joke about baby's nursing on a 450 pound woman while smothering on the teat and pulling themselves off...let me know what happens clown
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:01 pm

ccordova2 wrote:Heeeeeeey!! I love the softer side of things so this was definitly to my liking!!! Very Happy

Oh I was so scared that the mighty pythons would be coming for me demanding you play Harder stuff...none of this twat rock...if it's not cock I do not want it....Ok maybe not like that ..but you get the picture Razz
    Eric
    Eric

Post  Eric Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:41 pm

Queensryche and Radiohead! Both winners for me. That version of The Lady Wore Black is also on the remaster of The Warning as a bonus track. I don't have the unplugged CD, but I wish I did.

The rest of the music this time out was kind of "meh". But you guys were funny and entertaining as usual.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:11 pm

Eric wrote:Queensryche and Radiohead! Both winners for me. That version of The Lady Wore Black is also on the remaster of The Warning as a bonus track. I don't have the unplugged CD, but I wish I did.

The rest of the music this time out was kind of "meh". But you guys were funny and entertaining as usual.

Did you like the trivia...was it too soon to go David Carradine...how do you feel about 450 pound woman beastfeeding on a train?...c'mon man we want to know
    Eric
    Eric

Post  Eric Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:33 am

Michael wrote:
    Did you like the trivia...was it too soon to go David Carradine...how do you feel about 450 pound woman beastfeeding on a train?...c'mon man we want to know

Oh yeah, I did like the trivia. Keep it coming Aaron. Not too soon for the Carradine jokes considering the way he seems to have gone out. I don't like the image in my head of the 400 lb woman breastfeeding, but it was funny.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:54 am

That's what I am talking about...now we know the rest of the story Smile
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:01 pm

Good show, I'm for the concept shows, even if I don't like all the music. The trivia was great. My favorite part was when Heath was like "that's so obvious it's Kiss, right?" and Mike kind of when "uh, yeah!" or whatever, it was completely obvious he had no idea. Heh. For the record I'd never be able to get any of these either. Bet you guys would kill if it were one of those hear the first 5 seconds things.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:10 am

dbm wrote:Good show, I'm for the concept shows, even if I don't like all the music. The trivia was great. My favorite part was when Heath was like "that's so obvious it's Kiss, right?" and Mike kind of when "uh, yeah!" or whatever, it was completely obvious he had no idea. Heh. For the record I'd never be able to get any of these either. Bet you guys would kill if it were one of those hear the first 5 seconds things.

Glad you liked it...you were right I had no idea...and I like being obvious...The trivia segments are getting very positive reviews from pretty much everybody...I personally think its because people like to hear us fumble and sound downright clever trying to answer them...anyway thank you for listening clown
    Eric
    Eric

Post  Eric Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:13 pm

Michael wrote:
    Glad you liked it...you were right I had no idea...and I like being obvious...The trivia segments are getting very positive reviews from pretty much everybody...I personally think its because people like to hear us fumble and sound downright clever trying to answer them...anyway thank you for listening clown

That's exactly it. The gold is hearing you guys responding back and fumbling for answers.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:51 pm

There Eric gets it....hearing us fumble and suck is comedy gold

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 am