The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

4 posters

Rock Dungeon 39: Pirates Arrrrr Sexy

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 39: Pirates Arrrrr Sexy Empty Rock Dungeon 39: Pirates Arrrrr Sexy

Post  Michael Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:15 pm

Those lovable Man-Wenches Wade and Mike are back... so raise your sails...drink some rum...swab your decks...make merry with your wenches or man-wenches...whichever is your style...and prepare to set sail for that glittering island called The Rock Dungeon. We are playing Rock gold and digging up some rare treasures and scraping the barnacles off some old hulls and Christening some new Norwegian ships that will set sail in 2010. We have news, views and releases and Captain Aarrron fires broadside and hits with his Greaming trivia. Get it now before the ship sails without you. This podcast is rated Arrrrr

Not all is happy in Pirate land. We have lost a friend and listener in the past week...Eric Martin...rest in peace my friend you will be missed.

Get It Here

Songs:
    Beatallica - I Want To Choke Your Band
    Powerman 5000 - Show Me What You've Got
    Alestorm - Keelhauled
    Sisters Of Mercy - Dominion
    The Yardbirds - Dream Within A Dream
    The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
    Aerosmith - Deuces Are Wild
    Metallica - Fuel
    Bob Dylan - Froggie Went A Courtin'
    Cheap Trick - Stop This Game
    W.E.T. - One Love
    Danzig - Devil's Plaything
    Smoking Popes - Zing Went The Strings Of My Heart
    Bad Religion - The Quickening
    Stage Dolls - Raining On A Sunny Day
    Wig Wam - Do You Really Wanna
    Frank Zappa - Apostrophe For Eric
    dbm
    dbm

Rock Dungeon 39: Pirates Arrrrr Sexy Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 39: Pirates Arrrrr Sexy

Post  dbm Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:50 am

I wasn't sure where to put this, but since you mentioned Eric - Eric was a big promoter of the recent documentary Anvil: The Story of Anvil, and supporter of the band. For Thanksgiving, Amazon has some mp3 albums @ $5 each. In addition, they have a $3 mp3 credit offer going on (code: MP34FREE). One of the albums they have is the Anvil: Anthology of Anvil. So for $2 you get mp3's of the best of Anvil, Anvil hopefully gets some $, and if such a thing is possible, Eric is happy.

RIP, buddy! We miss you!
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Rock Dungeon 39: Pirates Arrrrr Sexy Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 39: Pirates Arrrrr Sexy

Post  Wade Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:41 pm

dbm wrote:I wasn't sure where to put this, but since you mentioned Eric - Eric was a big promoter of the recent documentary Anvil: The Story of Anvil, and supporter of the band. For Thanksgiving, Amazon has some mp3 albums @ $5 each. In addition, they have a $3 mp3 credit offer going on (code: MP34FREE). One of the albums they have is the Anvil: Anthology of Anvil. So for $2 you get mp3's of the best of Anvil, Anvil hopefully gets some $, and if such a thing is possible, Eric is happy.

RIP, buddy! We miss you!

Thanks Bill, thats all good to know..and real cheap. We are all going to miss Eric.
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:14 am

An all Poe compilation, I'm all for that. Liked the idea so much I took a look at wikipedia and found there is already enough material out there for you to do several. Just let me know when you've got one put together and I'll be the first in line. You painted a great picture of that Smoking Popes tune as well, wasn't thinking of Scrubs when i first listened but once you described it, it was all right there. This is a band I've never paid attention to along with a couple of others you played on the show, Bad Religion and The Yardbirds (I know I know), but if these songs are any indication of their sound I'm going to have to check them all out. I thought all three of those songs were great. I'll agree with Wade on Them Crooked Vultures, I found nothing at all to like about what I've heard by them. Of the rest I really like Beatallica, that band is right up my ally and I'll be keeping an eye out for their stuff. Also enjoyed the Alestorm tune and of course the Wig Wam song was great. With a line like "A road straight to the stars on a flying thing" what's not to like. Again another enjoyable show. Thanks.
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:06 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:An all Poe compilation, I'm all for that. Liked the idea so much I took a look at wikipedia and found there is already enough material out there for you to do several. Just let me know when you've got one put together and I'll be the first in line. You painted a great picture of that Smoking Popes tune as well, wasn't thinking of Scrubs when i first listened but once you described it, it was all right there. This is a band I've never paid attention to along with a couple of others you played on the show, Bad Religion and The Yardbirds (I know I know), but if these songs are any indication of their sound I'm going to have to check them all out. I thought all three of those songs were great. I'll agree with Wade on Them Crooked Vultures, I found nothing at all to like about what I've heard by them. Of the rest I really like Beatallica, that band is right up my ally and I'll be keeping an eye out for their stuff. Also enjoyed the Alestorm tune and of course the Wig Wam song was great. With a line like "A road straight to the stars on a flying thing" what's not to like. Again another enjoyable show. Thanks.

Thanks Chris...You obviously are a man of impeccable tastes and we are glad to have you listening to our Pod cast and not those copy cat wanna be's. pirat

Love ya man....
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:54 pm

wow, I haven't heard that Sisters of Mercy song in forever!

Pixies age great. "Monkey Gone To Heaven" was their big hit. They broke up for years -- Frank Black when on to do his own stuff, Kim Deal was in the Breeders with her twin sister. Their hit was "Cannonball" bu-du-du-du-du, bu-bu-bu.

And yay, a Bad Religion song!

Good show
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:54 pm

We took a week off just so you could catch up Bill. Glad you liked the show. Yup...if it wasn't for you listeners and posters our cd bill would be smaller. We are checking out some Pixies and Mighty, Mighty Bosstones. Thank you for the Pixies info
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:12 pm

Michael wrote: Yup...if it wasn't for you listeners and posters our cd bill would be smaller.

You are such a liar Very Happy
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:46 pm

dbm wrote:
    Michael wrote: Yup...if it wasn't for you listeners and posters our cd bill would be smaller.

You are such a liar Very Happy

ok how about a little tiny bit later

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:18 am