The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

5 posters

Rock Dungeon 40: John Holmes In A Leopard Print Jumpsuit

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 40: John Holmes In A Leopard Print Jumpsuit Empty Rock Dungeon 40: John Holmes In A Leopard Print Jumpsuit

Post  Michael Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:49 pm

The Boys bring you an extra super-sized selection of salacious songs to be the soundtrack of your life. There is so much content in this episode it was like squeezing 20 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag. We cover your rock landscape with much fertilizer to grow a bountiful Rock Garden for you to play in. We have some audio feedback from Damian with a question... we have trivia from Aaron with no words to describe it we have a double dose of pimpin' and flashbackin'...2 weeks of releases and news... a lot of sad news but news none the less. So download and reap the harvest of rock for your brain.

Get It Here

Song Clips:
    Crumb Bros.- Still Don't Know Where
    Moonspell - Scorpion Flower
    Babylon Whores - Errata Stigmata
    Nashville Pussy - Lazy Jesus
    Mission UK - Like A Hurricane
    Motorhead - Back At The Funny Farm
    Alice In Chains - Check My Brain
    Rancid - Time Bomb
    Michael Furlong - Careless
    Apocalyptica - Distraction
    Trans Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Jazz
    Ace Frehley - Cherokee Boogie
    Apocalyptica - I'm Not Jesus
    Mark Lind & The Unloved - I'll Be There
    Gotthard - Dream On
    Bloody Mary - Love Is Like Addiction
    The Mighty, Mighty Bosstones - The Impression That I Get
    HIM - Heartkiller
    Dio - Rainbow In The Dark
    Reckless Love - Beautiful Bombs
    Aldo Nova - Fantasy
    The Damned - Testify
    Social Distortion - Reach For The Sky
    Paul Stanley - Lift
    Rory Gallagher - Shadow Play

Last edited by Michael on Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Music List)
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Rock Dungeon 40: John Holmes In A Leopard Print Jumpsuit Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 40: John Holmes In A Leopard Print Jumpsuit

Post  Crimson Pig Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:34 pm

You were missed but the extra long show was a nice and welcome surprise. I suppose I deserved the fetal pig dig after throwing out the Eddie Trojan reference. Are we even now? Actually I thought is was pretty funny.

It looks like the new Tom Waits box set is just a re-release on vinyl of the CD he put out in 2006 but with 8 additional songs. It looks awesome but I don't think I'm gonna drop $125.00 for it. This is a good set though, I think I preferred this to his previous 4 cd's. Although admittedly I haven't listened to any of them too many times. I much prefer his older stuff which is probably why I like this since it's a collection of songs he's done over the years.

I'm still digesting the show so like it or not, I'm sure you'll hear from me later.
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 40: John Holmes In A Leopard Print Jumpsuit Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 40: John Holmes In A Leopard Print Jumpsuit

Post  Michael Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:31 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:You were missed but the extra long show was a nice and welcome surprise. I suppose I deserved the fetal pig dig after throwing out the Eddie Trojan reference. Are we even now? Actually I thought is was pretty funny.

It looks like the new Tom Waits box set is just a re-release on vinyl of the CD he put out in 2006 but with 8 additional songs. It looks awesome but I don't think I'm gonna drop $125.00 for it. This is a good set though, I think I preferred this to his previous 4 cd's. Although admittedly I haven't listened to any of them too many times. I much prefer his older stuff which is probably why I like this since it's a collection of songs he's done over the years.

I'm still digesting the show so like it or not, I'm sure you'll hear from me later.

Honestly both Wade and I felt horrible not putting out a show last week, but since all of the recording and editing is done by me on my computer there was really no way to do it. Thankfully the computer guy was able to save 99 percent of my files so its all good and barring an unforseen accident we will be rocking weekly for the foreseeable future cheers

Actually "Fetal Pig" was originally a slip of the tongue... totally unintentional... then I thought it was funny... then I thought what if I offended... then I thought fuck him if he cannot take a joke clown

I like the fact that you digest our shows... so keep on chewing and come on back... we will be here
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:12 pm

great episode loaded with great music!! love me some nashville pussy!! saw them live with zakk at my first BLS show!!
    fucking Moterhead! need i say more! & i really liked that social distortion song~!
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:22 am

ccordova2 wrote:great episode loaded with great music!! love me some nashville pussy!! saw them live with zakk at my first BLS show!!
    fucking Moterhead! need i say more! & i really liked that social distortion song~!

Are you emerging from your Slayer coma Carlos... Or just coming up for air and nourishment before going back under? Razz

And honestly Carlos... have we ever dona an episode you did not like? BLS and Nashville Pussy must have been an amazing show.... What a fantastic pairing cheers
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:17 pm

oh it was baddass! nashville pussy opened followed by meldrum with bls headlining! it was a great experiance!

ok so every show is a great one but what can i say you guys produce quality!!!

think im emerging for the time being.. the family needs me for birthdays and holidays!!!
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Ok, Digested. I'll agree with Carlos on the Social Distortion tune, it was awesome. I'm not a fan of the other stuff I've heard by them, mostly in the vein of "Bad Luck", but if they've got more like this I'm in. An incredible start and finish to the show, in addition to Social Distortion I thought the Moonspell, Babylon Whores, Nashville Pussy, The Damned, and Paul Stanley tunes were some of the highlights of the show with a lot of other goodness sprinkled in between. I've had Paul Stanley and Lazy Jesus battling it out in my head all week. Lazy Jesus is probably going to take that fight though. I appreciate Wade outing Rancid as the artist for the pimpin(?) intro. One of my favorite parts of the show is when you play that and I got to hear it multiple times this week. Actually thought it may have been an advert for some kids game when I first heard it. I also checked out the Reckless Love video and thought the video was good but not the song so much. However I do like the band, I checked out their other stuff on youtube and liked most everything else I heard, especially "Easy Absolution". Thanks again for the extra effort and time you had to put in to get this show out. It's much appreciated.

Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:50 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:Ok, Digested. I'll agree with Carlos on the Social Distortion tune, it was awesome. I'm not a fan of the other stuff I've heard by them, mostly in the vein of "Bad Luck", but if they've got more like this I'm in. An incredible start and finish to the show, in addition to Social Distortion I thought the Moonspell, Babylon Whores, Nashville Pussy, The Damned, and Paul Stanley tunes were some of the highlights of the show with a lot of other goodness sprinkled in between. I've had Paul Stanley and Lazy Jesus battling it out in my head all week. Lazy Jesus is probably going to take that fight though. I appreciate Wade outing Rancid as the artist for the pimpin(?) intro. One of my favorite parts of the show is when you play that and I got to hear it multiple times this week. Actually thought it may have been an advert for some kids game when I first heard it. I also checked out the Reckless Love video and thought the video was good but not the song so much. However I do like the band, I checked out their other stuff on youtube and liked most everything else I heard, especially "Easy Absolution". Thanks again for the extra effort and time you had to put in to get this show out. It's much appreciated.

Thanks Chris for loving me even though I'm really stupid... Embarassed That's the sign of true Charactor. You are a good one my friend.
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:06 pm

New Aldo Nova? Awesome! Fantasy is one of my favorite childhood songs, probably from hearing it hundreds of times listening to my K-Tel 'Hit Express' album (which I still own) Very Happy

I've never been a big Social D fan, but I love the documentary 'Another State of Mind', from 1982, which is about them and Youth Brigade touring the States in an old school bus. Haven't seen it in a looong time though. Must correct that soon.
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:58 pm

dbm wrote:New Aldo Nova? Awesome! Fantasy is one of my favorite childhood songs, probably from hearing it hundreds of times listening to my K-Tel 'Hit Express' album (which I still own) Very Happy

I've never been a big Social D fan, but I love the documentary 'Another State of Mind', from 1982, which is about them and Youth Brigade touring the States in an old school bus. Haven't seen it in a looong time though. Must correct that soon.

Never a fan of Social Distortion myself but that song they played was great. I don't have any desire to hear anything from them that sounds like "Bad Luck", which most of the stuff I've heard does, but if I can get a hold of anything else that sounds like "Reach for the Sky", I can't wait.

It's cool you were able to enjoyed a doc about the the band without liking the band much at all. I love documentaries and have found no matter what the subject, they are usually at least interesting. I've watched many a doc about bands I have no interest in musically but still enjoyed them. I'll have to try an look up "Another State of Mind". I had no idea they'd been around that long, hope it's not a hard video to find. Thanks for the heads up.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:29 am

dbm wrote:New Aldo Nova? Awesome! Fantasy is one of my favorite childhood songs, probably from hearing it hundreds of times listening to my K-Tel 'Hit Express' album (which I still own) Very Happy

I was just as excited about new Aldo Nova... I am so glad someone else is just as excited cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 7:52 am