The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

5 posters

Rock Dungeon 43: Whips Out a Can of Kool Nutz

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 43: Whips Out a Can of Kool Nutz Empty Rock Dungeon 43: Whips Out a Can of Kool Nutz

Post  Michael Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:56 pm

The Boys have the after Holiday blues. Drinking beer and drowning their sorrows in the music that pumps in their veins. No trivia this week (Aaron is also suffering the holiday blues). Mike and Wade try and spice it up by switching roles and a half-assed tribute to Bo Diddly. Rants against child molestation and cd branding. The winner is also announced for Rock Dungeon's first contest. Tune in, Tune out...Just do it...before the Kool Nutz are bouncing off of your chin affraid

Get It Here
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Rock Dungeon 43: Whips Out a Can of Kool Nutz Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 43: Whips Out a Can of Kool Nutz

Post  Crimson Pig Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:10 pm

Great show. It's good to get back to the dungeon after the hectic holiday season. I believe I enjoyed every single selection you played this show. Even if Carlos doesn't agree I thought the Tyr tune was great. I wasn't really impressed with the youtube videos that were posted but I think you may have won me over with that one. Congrats to Damian for winning the contest. I think he got a couple of great cd's there, I can only personally vouch for the Waits cd but I did really like what I heard of the other one on the show.
    I'm really looking forward to the best of show, with everything you both have listened to during the year I am really interested in finding out what you both thought came out on top. Can't wait to hear what your listeners chose as well. Just about went broke with the Interpunk 50% off sale but am looking for more buying ideas now. Got to say though, Allroy has been a big help to me as well. Got an Atomic Bitchwax cd on his recomendation, and while it's just a 3 song ep with some additional live tracks, I thought is was excellent and hope to get some more.
    Caught Mike on Geek Brunch this week as well. Another great show. Really enjoyed the ongoing saga of the piss truck. Personally I think a show really comes together when a hilarious reference can be revisited over and over during the show, like the Cool Nutz reference in this one. Good luck getting rid of that cd, I think you might be stuck with that one for a while.

Until next time, I'll be anxiously awaiting the premiere of the Def Leppard cartoon.
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Rock Dungeon 43: Whips Out a Can of Kool Nutz Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 43: Whips Out a Can of Kool Nutz

Post  ccordova2 Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:31 pm

on vacation & finally got to listen to the episode! great as always, good music choices!i didnt mind the tyr tune.... great lil suicidal history lesson there! suicidal is in my top list of fav bands! & as always zakk shows why hes my personal hero!

look forward to tattooing you guys! so whats the hold up! haha! Very Happy

how can i leave some vocal participation the way aaron does? i mean how awesome would that be!! Twisted Evil
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:37 pm

Thanks for the feed back Chris and Carlos.... You two are wonderous.
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Wow! I won!

That happened to Derek Coward from Comic Book Noise as well when he ran a contest and it had to be the furthest person away who won...

If you need shipping let me know!

Also I'm trying to think of my best album of 2009 and it's between Alice in Chains and Abney Park (since I picked up all their CD's in 2009)
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:15 pm

Speaking of tattoo's do any of you have current tattoos or am I the only one?
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:28 pm

Wade has a tattoo of a wolf on his shoulder where as I am a tattoo virgin... but my wife has one and wants another one... my sister has 8 tattoos
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:38 pm

Here's a link to the work in progress of my sleeve: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lordshaper/sets/72157603972531686/
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:17 pm

Lord Shaper wrote:Here's a link to the work in progress of my sleeve: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lordshaper/sets/72157603972531686/

Those are pretty awesome Damian... Nowwho came up with the design you, you and the artist, or the artist...some look familiar and others look vaguely elf/native american... as odd as that may be
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:22 pm

Michael wrote:
    Lord Shaper wrote:Here's a link to the work in progress of my sleeve: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lordshaper/sets/72157603972531686/

Those are pretty awesome Damian... Nowwho came up with the design you, you and the artist, or the artist...some look familiar and others look vaguely elf/native american... as odd as that may be

The Idea was something I was working on for about 10 years before I started it. The art is mainly by Brian Froud who was most well known for his work on The Labrynth and The Dark Crystal but also most of the images are from Good Fairies/Bad Fairies and all of those books.

There are 3 exceptions being Swamp Thing (Comic Character), The Darkling (Comic Character from The Darkness) and some Tooth Fairies from Hellboy 2
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:26 pm

Lord Shaper wrote:
    Michael wrote:

The Idea was something I was working on for about 10 years before I started it. The art is mainly by Brian Froud who was most well known for his work on The Labrynth and The Dark Crystal but also most of the images are from Good Fairies/Bad Fairies and all of those books.

There are 3 exceptions being Swamp Thing (Comic Character), The Darkling (Comic Character from The Darkness) and some Tooth Fairies from Hellboy 2

Ok I got the Darkling and the Tooth Fairy (awesome Movie) but i missed the Swamp Thing... You need to check out my sisters...all of her tats are good/bad fairies
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:29 pm

Michael wrote:
    Lord Shaper wrote:
    Michael wrote:

Ok I got the Darkling and the Tooth Fairy (awesome Movie) but i missed the Swamp Thing... You need to check out my sisters...all of her tats are good/bad fairies

I wonder how many are the same... I'm going to be having this one going across onto my chest and for my right arm I'm going to be doing The Darkness' Armour
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:45 pm

That should be pretty awesome... do you think your tats add much to your fear factor...as your laugh and beard do?
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Michael wrote:That should be pretty awesome... do you think your tats add much to your fear factor...as your laugh and beard do?

Ha!

you could say that... tho my wife has her back done so she's got a bigger piece of artwork than I do!
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:39 am

So even your wife adds to your fear factor... you have to be the scariest man in Australia Smile

Does your wife also have the fairy motif working?
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:02 pm

Michael wrote:So even your wife adds to your fear factor... you have to be the scariest man in Australia Smile

Does your wife also have the fairy motif working?

She went one better with the Baphomet!

Rock Dungeon 43: Whips Out a Can of Kool Nutz 4245914116_b323c47448_o

Not that she walks around with her shirt off all the time
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:57 pm

Dude.... She officially raised your scare factor ...that is AWESOME cheers
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:55 am

That is Super cool. That must have been pretty expensive. How long did it take to complete?
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:27 pm

garouhowler wrote:That is Super cool. That must have been pretty expensive. How long did it take to complete?

We are trying not to think of the costs but My wife's was about 20 hours and I'm up to around 26 so far with no end in sight.

The tattooist does blocks of 2.5-3 hours only and it's $250 a sitting
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Lord Shaper wrote:
    garouhowler wrote:That is Super cool. That must have been pretty expensive. How long did it take to complete?

We are trying not to think of the costs but My wife's was about 20 hours and I'm up to around 26 so far with no end in sight.

Worth every penny.. They are great Tattoo's.
    I really have to start thinking about more. I drew up one for my wife, but we haven't had it put on yet. ( money again, always seams there is something else that needs attention first. Usually the kids.)
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:20 pm

garouhowler wrote:
    Lord Shaper wrote:

Worth every penny.. They are great Tattoo's.
    I really have to start thinking about more. I drew up one for my wife, but we haven't had it put on yet. ( money again, always seams there is something else that needs attention first. Usually the kids.)

I'm waiting for my tattooist to get back to me so I can get some more done... I think it will be around April thatr I can get back in

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:23 pm