The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

5 posters

Rock Dungeon 44: Not With a Bang, but a Whimper

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 44: Not With a Bang, but a Whimper Empty Rock Dungeon 44: Not With a Bang, but a Whimper

Post  Michael Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:29 pm

The boys bring out their tops of 2009 and Crimson Pig, Lord Shaper and Aaron also get their choices in much to the delight of Wade and Mike. We have an extra long trivia segment from Aaron which stifles any self respect the boys had gathered over the previous 3 weeks. The boys also throw out a special song for a special drummer who will be kicking it in Heaven now. The music is killer in the first annual best of 2009 get it now before 2010 buries you under its layers of awesome.

Get It Here
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Rock Dungeon 44: Not With a Bang, but a Whimper Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 44: Not With a Bang, but a Whimper

Post  ccordova2 Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:42 pm

great episode guys! & im telling you come to albuquerque & enjoy getting tatted up!!! Very Happy
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Rock Dungeon 44: Not With a Bang, but a Whimper Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 44: Not With a Bang, but a Whimper

Post  Crimson Pig Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:28 pm

What a great way to end 2009 and start 2010. Really liked the fact that most everything played was not stuff that is probably going to be included on any other best ofs. You both keep bringing the goodness. While 69 Eyes, Bourbon Crow, and Rancid had already made my list, both of you, Damian and Aaron brought some extra goodness. I absolutely loved the sound of Abney Park and will definitely be seeking them. While it wasn't Aarons pick for the best of the year, I really liked the Sick Puppies tune he included in his trivia, which in itself was great to have back. Although I'm not sold on the new WASP on the whole, I do like Babylons Burning quite a lot and enjoyed hearing that again. Also might have to look into getting some Paul Gilbert, with the song you played this time, and the "My Fist / Your Face" tune played earlier in the year, I'm really liking what I've heard. Great way to end the show as well, the songs both of you chose as your top picks really brought it to a perfect close. I appreciate you putting my pick up against the mellower of yours so It didn't stick out quite so much. While I'm looking forward to the next show, the guilty pleasures show has me intrigued. Can't wait to hear what you consider your guilty pleasures. Hope Aaron wasn't calling it with his Jonas Brothers quip and we are subjected to a full show of Disney and Boy Bands.
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:13 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:What a great way to end 2009 and start 2010. Really liked the fact that most everything played was not stuff that is probably going to be included on any other best ofs. You both keep bringing the goodness. While 69 Eyes, Bourbon Crow, and Rancid had already made my list, both of you, Damian and Aaron brought some extra goodness. I absolutely loved the sound of Abney Park and will definitely be seeking them. While it wasn't Aarons pick for the best of the year, I really liked the Sick Puppies tune he included in his trivia, which in itself was great to have back. Although I'm not sold on the new WASP on the whole, I do like Babylons Burning quite a lot and enjoyed hearing that again. Also might have to look into getting some Paul Gilbert, with the song you played this time, and the "My Fist / Your Face" tune played earlier in the year, I'm really liking what I've heard. Great way to end the show as well, the songs both of you chose as your top picks really brought it to a perfect close. I appreciate you putting my pick up against the mellower of yours so It didn't stick out quite so much. While I'm looking forward to the next show, the guilty pleasures show has me intrigued. Can't wait to hear what you consider your guilty pleasures. Hope Aaron wasn't calling it with his Jonas Brothers quip and we are subjected to a full show of Disney and Boy Bands.
    No worry Pig....We cant let that happen!
    I wont let you down.
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Sorry I didn't get my best of in -- I really need to listen to these in a more timely fashion... or you need to give me more warning Smile

That's the first I heard of the Rev, very sad. When I first heard their 2nd lp my main disappointment was that it seemed (to me) like they turned down the drums too much, since the drumming blew me away on their debut.

Huh, that Coconuts band is Jason Schwartzman's band. Not bad.

Aaron, if melodic singing is all you care about, go listen to Mariah Carey! jk Wink-
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:37 am

dbm wrote:Sorry I didn't get my best of in -- I really need to listen to these in a more timely fashion... or you need to give me more warning Smile

That's the first I heard of the Rev, very sad. When I first heard their 2nd lp my main disappointment was that it seemed (to me) like they turned down the drums too much, since the drumming blew me away on their debut.

Huh, that Coconuts band is Jason Schwartzman's band. Not bad.

Aaron, if melodic singing is all you care about, go listen to Mariah Carey! jk Wink-

Ohhhh BAM, Take That Aaron! Great to hear from ya Bill. Listen, if you have a Favorite Love Song ( no holds barred, anything goes), let us know. You've been warned. : jocolor

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 3:31 pm