The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

5 posters

Rock Dungeon 45: Yoko Ono in your Mouth

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 45: Yoko Ono in your Mouth Empty Rock Dungeon 45: Yoko Ono in your Mouth

Post  Michael Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:31 pm

Episode 45 brings us almost back to normal. We continue to delve into the more unsavory aspects of Mike's "personal" life involving Dora the Explorer and a threesome with Kip Winger and Joey Tempest. Yoko pops up and leaves a bad taste in their mouths. We have two weeks of news and releases...lots of music that will make you want to swing with pudding. Also the boys plead for love in February and trivia from the awesomeness that is Aaron.

Get It Here
    ALLROY
    ALLROY

Rock Dungeon 45: Yoko Ono in your Mouth Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 45: Yoko Ono in your Mouth

Post  ALLROY Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:25 pm

Just got done listening to the podcast...twice actually(didn't want to miss any tasty morsels) and you guys got me excited,lots of good songs lots of great bands( some which actually led to discovery of more great things but more on that later!) .Gemini Five:You Spin Me Round- Really liked that version,I checked out their other songs on Youtube and I now consider myself a fan (would love to here more of these guys on future podcasts if possible). Company of Wolves:Can't love you can't leave you-Good song...reminded me of the Stones. The Hives:Hate to say I told you so-I don't know how I overlooked these guys either Wade. I agree with you on the vocals and I loved the second crunchy guitar! Chris Caffery:Faces-Great song! Good vocals.(check out the song "Music man"if you haven't already, killer vocals!)
    ELOY:Point of no Return-I really dug their sound!(the singer kind of sounded like a German Don Henley)went to check out their other stuff, liked what I heard so off to Amazon.com I went to buy some.while there, Amazon recommended the bands "The Answer", "Them Crooked Vultures" and "Year Long Disaster". All which have become some of my new FAVORITES!!! .So thank you Michael, thank you ELOY and thank you Amazon.And thank you Wade, I bought a Hives CD too based on "Hate to say I told you so".You guys ROCK \m/

Awesome show guys,one of my favorites to date, keep up the great work and the great music.Looking forward to episode 46.On a side note I sent in some trivia ideas to Aaron and hopefully he can use them,if not,I tried!!......For those about to rock, we salute you!................ Twisted Evil
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 45: Yoko Ono in your Mouth Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 45: Yoko Ono in your Mouth

Post  Michael Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:00 pm

ALLROY wrote:Just got done listening to the podcast...twice actually(didn't want to miss any tasty morsels) and you guys got me excited,lots of good songs lots of great bands( some which actually led to discovery of more great things but more on that later!) .Gemini Five:You Spin Me Round- Really liked that version,I checked out their other songs on Youtube and I now consider myself a fan (would love to here more of these guys on future podcasts if possible). Company of Wolves:Can't love you can't leave you-Good song...reminded me of the Stones. The Hives:Hate to say I told you so-I don't know how I overlooked these guys either Wade. I agree with you on the vocals and I loved the second crunchy guitar! Chris Caffery:Faces-Great song! Good vocals.(check out the song "Music man"if you haven't already, killer vocals!)
    ELOY:Point of no Return-I really dug their sound!(the singer kind of sounded like a German Don Henley)went to check out their other stuff, liked what I heard so off to Amazon.com I went to buy some.while there, Amazon recommended the bands "The Answer", "Them Crooked Vultures" and "Year Long Disaster". All which have become some of my new FAVORITES!!! .So thank you Michael, thank you ELOY and thank you Amazon.And thank you Wade, I bought a Hives CD too based on "Hate to say I told you so".You guys ROCK \m/

Awesome show guys,one of my favorites to date, keep up the great work and the great music.Looking forward to episode 46.On a side note I sent in some trivia ideas to Aaron and hopefully he can use them,if not,I tried!!......For those about to rock, we salute you!................ Twisted Evil

You my friend have made my day...when we get a listener to spend money and turn them on to other bands...that is what I want to do as a podcaster...Thank You Greg... I Salute You

The Answer will be appearing on our next episode along with some Merciful Fate. The Answer may not be THEE ANSWER (which is 42 by the way) but they are pretty damn good. Must be something in the water in Austrailia that churns out some bitching pub rock ala AC/DC, Rose Tattoo, The Answer, Airbourn among others.

Eloy totally took me by surprise at how much I enjoyed it and Don Henley is also a very apt comparison...anyway thanks for listening and posting and do not forget the Valentine show coming up let us know what your favorite "love" related song is or send an mp3 of it and we will play it on the show. Again thank you for listening and posting

Aaron was very excited that you sent him some suggestions...he sent me a text to let me know...Rock On cheers
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 pm

First I want to take the blame for the trivia countries vs. continents screw up. That one is all on me, I sent them to Aaron that way and didn't realize my mistake until later. I think Aaron was just being kind and trying to cover for me. Although it may have been appropriate for this show since you both were discussing some of your own mistakes at the start, or was it just Aarons psychic ability kicking in?

I'll agree with Allroy on the Gemini 5 tune, I've always liked that song and thought they did a great cover. Liked the Dare cover of Emerald as well, one of my favorite Thin Lizzy tunes. The thing I liked about both was that the bands pretty much made the songs there own and didn't just do a straight cover. Enjoyed the Europe tune also, that is another band I haven't listened to since the 80's but may have to revisit at some point. Good to hear there is another Calabrese cd on the way too, I'll back Wade on the greatness of the tune he chose.

Enjoyed the show as always.
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:02 am

Crimson Pig wrote:First I want to take the blame for the trivia countries vs. continents screw up. That one is all on me, I sent them to Aaron that way and didn't realize my mistake until later. I think Aaron was just being kind and trying to cover for me. Although it may have been appropriate for this show since you both were discussing some of your own mistakes at the start, or was it just Aarons psychic ability kicking in?

I'll agree with Allroy on the Gemini 5 tune, I've always liked that song and thought they did a great cover. Liked the Dare cover of Emerald as well, one of my favorite Thin Lizzy tunes. The thing I liked about both was that the bands pretty much made the songs there own and didn't just do a straight cover. Enjoyed the Europe tune also, that is another band I haven't listened to since the 80's but may have to revisit at some point. Good to hear there is another Calabrese cd on the way too, I'll back Wade on the greatness of the tune he chose.

Enjoyed the show as always.

As Always Chris your input is a bright spot to my day. I cant tell you how good it makes me feel to know that people like you and Greg. Got some Golden toons coming up! Hope you guys are ready. Keep giving me feedback buddy, I love it.
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:24 pm

Huh, I love both the Toto and Asia songs... huh. They were huge in 82, at least in the country I grew up in -- North America.

lol

Of course I was 12, so maybe its an age thing.

And I agree, that Asia album was one of the most memorable of my childhood. That cover is iconic.

Mike - after you told your 45 mile story, I had to go back and listen to the song again, imagining you in your bus driving home after a long day to your wife and child :'|

Wade, sorry to hear of your (eventual) departure! We'll miss you!

Mike, I use my Amazon cart the same way. Then if something drops a lot, it's time to buy!
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:42 pm

dbm wrote:Huh, I love both the Toto and Asia songs... huh. They were huge in 82, at least in the country I grew up in -- North America.

lol

Of course I was 12, so maybe its an age thing.

And I agree, that Asia album was one of the most memorable of my childhood. That cover is iconic.

Mike - after you told your 45 mile story, I had to go back and listen to the song again, imagining you in your bus driving home after a long day to your wife and child :'|

Wade, sorry to hear of your (eventual) departure! We'll miss you!

Mike, I use my Amazon cart the same way. Then if something drops a lot, it's time to buy!

Bill it is always awesome to hear form you...and thank you for listening and posting. Actually Wade has promised that as long as you guys keep listening he is going to stay...so you are just going to have to deal with him Razz

It is so weird about that song...I love that song and I listen to it just about every day right after i drop off my last passenger and I am on my way home... My son is 11 now but still my little boy... kinda cheesy but sometimes cheesy is awesome

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 3:45 am