The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

5 posters

Rock Dungeon 46: An Orgy Of Music For The Mind

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 46: An Orgy Of Music For The Mind Empty Rock Dungeon 46: An Orgy Of Music For The Mind

Post  Michael Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:54 pm

The boys are back after the week of computer issues and bring you a super-sized edition of the world famous Rock Dungeon podcast. The rust is showing as cues are missed bumpers are sung (badly) and the sound quality suffered from bad settings (sorry). Damian comes through with an audio comment from down under and also talks about the skills that Yoko may have at the very end of the show (I Do Mean The Very End). Aaron is a happy camper as he hammers out a trivia suggestion from Greg(Allroy). Music old and new is on display. A cornucopia of auditory delight awaits you...Enjoy

Get It Here
    ALLROY
    ALLROY

Rock Dungeon 46: An Orgy Of Music For The Mind Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 46: An Orgy Of Music For The Mind

Post  ALLROY Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:19 am

Really Enjoyed the extra long show this week! (Sorry about the love song overload but I sent an e-mail to Michael that explains that) Another chalked full episode of audio goodness! Here's a few that really jumped out at me.
    1.)Illusion--Loved this one, it's like Spinal Tap meets Bad News! 2.)Harlequin--Great song, but I kept expecting them to break into The Beatles's Paperback writer! 3.)Tank--Incredible vocals!! I like the little Danzig/simmons growl he does. 4.)Smoking popes--good vocal style and melody, really liking this one a lot! 5.)Stone sour--not into these guy so much but Corey Taylor is much better when he's actually singing instead of screaming! 6.)Raven--Awesome band!! great song!(I have the Mad EP on cassette, it repeats all 5 songs on both sides and I've spent many a day in my past listening to it side after side after side after side!) Definately a band I want to rediscover. Thank you Wade for jogging my memory!!! Twisted Evil
    I can't speak for anyone else but I personally liked seeing the list of songs....It gives me a chance to wikapedia them ahead of time so while I listen, I have a better understanding of each band. Keep up the great shows hopefully no more computer crashes!! About the "Active Rock" don't know if this will help or not? Keep on Rocking!!! \m/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_rock
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Rock Dungeon 46: An Orgy Of Music For The Mind Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 46: An Orgy Of Music For The Mind

Post  Wade Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:27 pm

ALLROY wrote:Really Enjoyed the extra long show this week! (Sorry about the love song overload but I sent an e-mail to Michael that explains that) Another chalked full episode of audio goodness! Here's a few that really jumped out at me.
    1.)Illusion--Loved this one, it's like Spinal Tap meets Bad News! 2.)Harlequin--Great song, but I kept expecting them to break into The Beatles's Paperback writer! 3.)Tank--Incredible vocals!! I like the little Danzig/simmons growl he does. 4.)Smoking popes--good vocal style and melody, really liking this one a lot! 5.)Stone sour--not into these guy so much but Corey Taylor is much better when he's actually singing instead of screaming! 6.)Raven--Awesome band!! great song!(I have the Mad EP on cassette, it repeats all 5 songs on both sides and I've spent many a day in my past listening to it side after side after side after side!) Definately a band I want to rediscover. Thank you Wade for jogging my memory!!! Twisted Evil
    I can't speak for anyone else but I personally liked seeing the list of songs....It gives me a chance to wikapedia them ahead of time so while I listen, I have a better understanding of each band. Keep up the great shows hopefully no more computer crashes!! About the "Active Rock" don't know if this will help or not? Keep on Rocking!!! \m/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_rock
    I completely get the Wikipedia thing../.. I got to know all about each band too. Can't help myself, thirst for knowledge I guess. Glad you liked the show. Bring it again next week, already thinking about it. Very Happy Thanks for the compliments Allroy. You Rock Hard!
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Dude, that shit was Active!
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Loved the extra long show as always, the more the merrier. Really liked the new segment too, it is going be great hearing all your vinyl treasures. I think I'm probably looking forward to listening to them as much as you are ripping them. I'll throw my vote in for the song lists as well. I don't always catch all the bands and/or song you play so it is great to have a list I can reference later. Great show.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:14 am