The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

5 posters

Rock Dungeon 48: Happy Valentines Day To Our Secret Vagina

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 48: Happy Valentines Day To Our Secret Vagina Empty Rock Dungeon 48: Happy Valentines Day To Our Secret Vagina

Post  Michael Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:40 pm

The Boys whip out their favorite love tunes under the alias of Dick Draggin and Peter Buffer. We come to realize that Peter has been living a fake life and is at best a bottom but most likely has an actual vagina judging by the soft and lovely music that was played from his top 6. Dick on the other hand brought the crunch with nary a softly played piano or gently strummed guitar in sight. The boys were excited to have musical contributions from Damian, Chris, Greg, Aaron and TJ. We get a double dose of the manliness that is Aaron as he also brought some appropriate trivia to the show. Peter rants about the Grammys and what a load of manure they are. Dick is still hung over from his teams Superbowl win as it gets brought up again and again. Download this episode now before Peter brings out his soft rock sofa again.

Get It Here

Songs:
    Brighton Rock - Can't Wait For The Night
    H:I:M - Wicked Game
    Trampled Under Foot - Have I Ever Told You
    Motorhead - Love Me Like A Reptile
    The Moody Blues - Nights In White Satin
    Rammstein - Du Hast
    AFI - Wester
    Asia - Without You
    Kiss - Burn Bitch Burn
    Alkaline Trio - This Could Be Love
    Queensryche - Another Rainy Night
    W.A.S.P. - Animal
    Forty Deuce - Say
    Vanishing Point - Breathe
    Pete Krebs - Fortune Valentines
    Wednesday 13 - Happily Ever Cadaver
    UFO - Try Me
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Rock Dungeon 48: Happy Valentines Day To Our Secret Vagina Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 48: Happy Valentines Day To Our Secret Vagina

Post  ccordova2 Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:55 am

Aww u guys didn get my request!!
    Sad
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Rock Dungeon 48: Happy Valentines Day To Our Secret Vagina Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 48: Happy Valentines Day To Our Secret Vagina

Post  ccordova2 Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:33 pm

mr. manning i answered your call out on facebook! i sent my new email and my request (vandenburg: burning heart). im saddened that you didnt recieve it.

all in all guys awesome show! thanks for all the love & great music!!!
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:07 pm

I dont mind the episode lengths
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:04 pm

thanks for singing for me again with your awesome vocal range mike!! Embarassed
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:04 am

Awesome show. I think this might be the first episode where I really liked every song you played. Got to thank TJ for finally making you play a WASP tune Laughing. Although Blackie is still there on Babylon, this is the music I equate with WASP. In all fairness though, I took a look at their discography and realized I haven't heard anything by them except their first few albums. I'm seriously considering getting up to speed on this band. Not sure how serious the Best Sabbath singer debate was but I am going to have to side with Michael. Purely sentimental reason though, the first two Sabbath albums I bought were Mob Rules and Heaven and Hell. Dio is just an incredible singer. Also got to say I really enjoy Chris Isaak as well, have always like wicked game and actually have been listening to that version by HIM quite a lot lately. My favorite Isaak tune though is Blue Hotel. Thanks to you Wade, Damian, Aaron, and TJ for bringing the heavy to even out the mellow brought by Mike, Greg and myself. Although I liked them all equally it was nice to have that balance in the show.
    As far as Pete Krebs goes, if you want a guy with just a guitar, stick to his solo albums. I think Fortune Valentines is the gem from the two I've got (Bittersweet Valentines and Brigadier), but I actual enjoy his collaborations with the Gossamer Wings (electric) and the Kung Pao Chickens (Django Jazz) a little more, they're a bit different but good all the way through.
    In my opinion the length of the shows are great, the longer the better. I may be a little biased because I have the luxury of listening at work but I really like podcasts that exceed 2 hours. Makes the day go much quicker for me. Looking foward to the April special, hope you remember the theme by then
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:31 am

ccordova2 wrote:mr. manning i answered your call out on facebook! i sent my new email and my request (vandenburg: burning heart). im saddened that you didnt recieve it.

all in all guys awesome show! thanks for all the love & great music!!!

Carlos... I am not sure where your request went... Michael@therockdungeon.com did not get it. I also did not get an update from facebook that you had replied...but with all of the changes that have been going on with it I am not surprised. Your request will be played next episode. great song choice by the way.

Thank you as always for listening and feedbacking...it is so appreciated
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:40 am

Crimson Pig wrote:Awesome show. I think this might be the first episode where I really liked every song you played. Got to thank TJ for finally making you play a WASP tune Laughing. Although Blackie is still there on Babylon, this is the music I equate with WASP. In all fairness though, I took a look at their discography and realized I haven't heard anything by them except their first few albums. I'm seriously considering getting up to speed on this band. Not sure how serious the Best Sabbath singer debate was but I am going to have to side with Michael. Purely sentimental reason though, the first two Sabbath albums I bought were Mob Rules and Heaven and Hell. Dio is just an incredible singer. Also got to say I really enjoy Chris Isaak as well, have always like wicked game and actually have been listening to that version by HIM quite a lot lately. My favorite Isaak tune though is Blue Hotel. Thanks to you Wade, Damian, Aaron, and TJ for bringing the heavy to even out the mellow brought by Mike, Greg and myself. Although I liked them all equally it was nice to have that balance in the show.
    As far as Pete Krebs goes, if you want a guy with just a guitar, stick to his solo albums. I think Fortune Valentines is the gem from the two I've got (Bittersweet Valentines and Brigadier), but I actual enjoy his collaborations with the Gossamer Wings (electric) and the Kung Pao Chickens (Django Jazz) a little more, they're a bit different but good all the way through.
    In my opinion the length of the shows are great, the longer the better. I may be a little biased because I have the luxury of listening at work but I really like podcasts that exceed 2 hours. Makes the day go much quicker for me. Looking foward to the April special, hope you remember the theme by then

Wow that is so cool... every song...that is sweet...but if you go back to a couple of the pre-Wade eppys Blind in Texas has been played twice Smile I love Blackie and unlike some people (ahem) I love every WASP cd and own it. Blackie as far as I am concerned IS WASP and as long as he is there well... Yeah it actually balanced out to be a heavier show than I expected which was good. I am thinking some Chris Isaak willl be showing up soon on an episode. I have been abused by a listener (see Fbombcast 72) where iwas told as long as we were having fun and paying our own Libsyn fees the shows can be as long as we wanted...so thats the way its going to be Twisted Evil We have remembered the April show. I will be checking out some more Pete Krebs because I did enjoy that and that is more my thing than Wades. Thank you for listening and feedbacking. You are 24k awesome cheers
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:46 am

I can't tell you how glad I am to have you guys as listeners. You are the best. Carlos...so sorry we mist your request, I thought it was strange you not being there, but we'll make it up to you. Chris....you liking all these songs is just admitting you are a pussy. clown

We love you...thanks for the feedback guys! You guys are rock hard!
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:29 pm

Ok you need to play more Queensryche on the show...

I needed to hear more of that song!

I know what I'm going to be listening to on the way home.

Also I should have also mentioned Cinderella Long Cold Winter... I just had the song come to me.
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:35 pm

Lord Shaper wrote:Ok you need to play more Queensryche on the show...

I needed to hear more of that song!

I know what I'm going to be listening to on the way home.

Also I should have also mentioned Cinderella Long Cold Winter... I just had the song come to me.

i sooooo agree!!!!
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:36 pm

garouhowler wrote:I can't tell you how glad I am to have you guys as listeners. You are the best. Carlos...so sorry we mist your request, I thought it was strange you not being there, but we'll make it up to you. Chris....you liking all these songs is just admitting you are a pussy. clown

We love you...thanks for the feedback guys! You guys are rock hard!

thanks to you guys!! for all the goodness you give us week in and week out!!
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:36 pm

garouhowler wrote:I can't tell you how glad I am to have you guys as listeners. You are the best. Carlos...so sorry we mist your request, I thought it was strange you not being there, but we'll make it up to you. Chris....you liking all these songs is just admitting you are a pussy. clown

Well I put it out there so I guess I've got to own up. Does that make me the cabbage?
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:26 am

Crimson Pig wrote:

Well I put it out there so I guess I've got to own up. Does that make me the cabbage?

Do cabbages grow in groves, flocks, rows... I don't know but yes you my friend are a cabbage... welcome to the flock Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 3:25 am