The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

5 posters

Rock Dungeon 52: To Tame a Brazen, Hoodoo Woman Doing Meth

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 52: To Tame a Brazen, Hoodoo Woman Doing Meth Empty Rock Dungeon 52: To Tame a Brazen, Hoodoo Woman Doing Meth

Post  Michael Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:04 pm

The Boys are in fine form as the rhymin' cherry pieman Wade throws down his intro and Mike realizes that Wade fails miserably at being a redneck. They mix it up and to their surprise do prestty well at a "hell" of a trivia from Aaron. The dust bunnies are cleared out from under the bed and they try to figure out who else would lie to you for your love. Mike flashbacks an ICONic band and Wade gets his Spanish freak on with his pimp. Mike does a poorly executed mashup called Dream Maiden and much love is thrown to the listeners of this podcast. Their is a shit ton of content in this episode... get it NOW... or forever hold your own piece.

Get It Here

Song Clips:
    Rock Sugar - We Will Kickstart Your Rhapsody
    Jon Oliva's Pain - Afterglow
    Orianthi - Suffocated
    9 Pound Hammer - Mama's Doin' Meth Again
    Ratt - Best Of Me
    Krokus - Hoodoo Woman
    Sandilinas - Fly To The Sun
    Brian May & Friends - Star Fleet
    Frankie Miller - I'd Lie To You For Your Love
    Icon - Naked Eyes
    Dream Maiden - To Tame A Land
    Heavenly - Carpe Diem
    Hartmann - Brazen
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Beat The Devil's Tattoo
    Jason & The Scorchers - Golden Ball And Chain
    Dropkick Murphys - Captain Kelly's Kitchen
    Demon Hunter - The World Is A Thorn
    Black Tide - Shout
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Rock Dungeon 52: To Tame a Brazen, Hoodoo Woman Doing Meth Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 52: To Tame a Brazen, Hoodoo Woman Doing Meth

Post  ccordova2 Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:59 am

good show guys! rocking it out like always! mike i am covered in envy bout the fact king diamond is following you! that rocks!!!

the santana album sounds like it mite be pretty good.. good cover choices!

and im thinking really hard about my guilty pleasure, but the min i do youll hear bout it Very Happy
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Rock Dungeon 52: To Tame a Brazen, Hoodoo Woman Doing Meth Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 52: To Tame a Brazen, Hoodoo Woman Doing Meth

Post  ccordova2 Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:31 pm

i cannot find any info on the new santana album you mentioned...
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:04 pm

ccordova2 wrote:i cannot find any info on the new santana album you mentioned...

It was not an official press release. It was an interview with Carlos talking about the special edition of "Supernatural" . I do not think anything is set in stone yet. I gathered from the article that those were the songs that Carlos was planning on playing... I think the names of the artists that will play on them could change.

Here is the link to the article Carlos

Santana New Album
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:20 am

This as they say was a grower, for me anyway. Got to agree with Mike on the intro, it was awesome. Got to disagree on the impression though, I thought you were spot on, that is if you were going for Boomhower from King of the Hill. You were weren't you Wade? 9 lb. Hammer, that is some old timey country. Loved it. Orianthi, liked it the first time I listened to the show and grew on me the more I listened to it, the highlight of the show for me. I think Aaron might be slacking a bit, the trivia theme was Hell and we did not at least hear Hotter than Hell by Kiss, what gives Aaron?

On a different note, I did catch the documentary on Acrassicauda "Heavy Metal in Baghdad" on IFC or somesuch and it was a good doc but it focused mainly on the band members situations rather than the band itself. A great story but from what I saw I'm not too anxious to hear their music. Of course I'm not a big thrash fan to begin with so I'm not really a good judge.

Going to be away from the computer for your next two shows and going to miss them greatly. Loading up the MP3 player with some old Rock Dungeons to keep me company while I'm away. May have to find a way to get the Guilty Pleasures ep. next week somehow cause this is one I've been looking forward to for a long time. Don't think you have anything to worry about Mike, I'm sure your cheese is gonna be like Velveeta. Strange, but oddly familiar, with a smooth texture and a gentle reminder of our past. Just don't leave it out on the counter too long.
    ALLROY
    ALLROY

Post  ALLROY Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Great show guys! Absolutely LOVED the Rock Sugar tune, you should play one of their songs every episode until you've played them all! Orianthi sure does rock and yes you're right Michael she is pretty freakin HOT, I wouldn't kick her out of bed....... unless I was going to do her on the floor! Twisted Evil I'm always happy to help spend other peoples money, ($150 down) I'll try to double that by the end of the year affraid
    Loved the 9 pound hammer song Wade but loved the accent even more!! Do you take requests? If so how about trying to work in an Australian accent on the next show somehow! The Ratt song was awesome (haven't listened to them since out of the cellar but after that song I want to hear them again!) Like the Frankie Miller too, he sounded a little like Rod Stewart. Good ole Rock-n-roll song by Jason & the Scorchers! Is that what James Hetfield would sound like if he wasn't singing thrash? Don't know if it's just me but the singer reminded me of a mild JH.
    Anyways keep up the GREAT work and the KILLER tunes! You guys ROCK!! Can't wait to hear the guilty pleasures episode....(nervous anticipation)....
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:19 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:This as they say was a grower, for me anyway. Got to agree with Mike on the intro, it was awesome. Got to disagree on the impression though, I thought you were spot on, that is if you were going for Boomhower from King of the Hill. You were weren't you Wade? 9 lb. Hammer, that is some old timey country. Loved it. Orianthi, liked it the first time I listened to the show and grew on me the more I listened to it, the highlight of the show for me. I think Aaron might be slacking a bit, the trivia theme was Hell and we did not at least hear Hotter than Hell by Kiss, what gives Aaron?

On a different note, I did catch the documentary on Acrassicauda "Heavy Metal in Baghdad" on IFC or somesuch and it was a good doc but it focused mainly on the band members situations rather than the band itself. A great story but from what I saw I'm not too anxious to hear their music. Of course I'm not a big thrash fan to begin with so I'm not really a good judge.

Going to be away from the computer for your next two shows and going to miss them greatly. Loading up the MP3 player with some old Rock Dungeons to keep me company while I'm away. May have to find a way to get the Guilty Pleasures ep. next week somehow cause this is one I've been looking forward to for a long time. Don't think you have anything to worry about Mike, I'm sure your cheese is gonna be like Velveeta. Strange, but oddly familiar, with a smooth texture and a gentle reminder of our past. Just don't leave it out on the counter too long.

It greatly saddens me that you will not be around to feedback us as to how we are doing. Orianthi can grow on me anytime...she is pretty freakin' hot. She just returned from her starring slot in today's roadtrip... she aced it. Aaron with what little he gave us for clips knew we would be waiting to pounce on any Kiss clip so he wisely left them out to throw us off our game. I have mentioned the flavor of some of the cheese I will be bringing to my buddy and he mocked and turned his nose up at it... and honestly I mocked his cheese also... it will be interesting how this works out. The show could become heated and angry words could be spoken. This could be the end of the podcast. The things we do for our listeners. When you get back... you could be Rock Dungeonless forever....
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:29 pm

ALLROY wrote:Great show guys! Absolutely LOVED the Rock Sugar tune, you should play one of their songs every episode until you've played them all! Orianthi sure does rock and yes you're right Michael she is pretty freakin HOT, I wouldn't kick her out of bed....... unless I was going to do her on the floor! Twisted Evil I'm always happy to help spend other peoples money, ($150 down) I'll try to double that by the end of the year affraid
    Loved the 9 pound hammer song Wade but loved the accent even more!! Do you take requests? If so how about trying to work in an Australian accent on the next show somehow! The Ratt song was awesome (haven't listened to them since out of the cellar but after that song I want to hear them again!) Like the Frankie Miller too, he sounded a little like Rod Stewart. Good ole Rock-n-roll song by Jason & the Scorchers! Is that what James Hetfield would sound like if he wasn't singing thrash? Don't know if it's just me but the singer reminded me of a mild JH.
    Anyways keep up the GREAT work and the KILLER tunes! You guys ROCK!! Can't wait to hear the guilty pleasures episode....(nervous anticipation)....

Allroy it is such a pleasure when you post in the episode part of the forum. You need to go buy the Rock Sugar cd... mine should be here Monday. I cannot wait. I do not see it as being a problem with you spending my money... as long as I get to return the favor... I am so outvoted on Wade's accents... I am not sure if he takes requests but my insides are already cringing at the thought of his Aussie accent...and what would Damian think?

You can go to roadrunner.com and pre-order the new Ratt and have it autographed by the band... I already did and you get a free download of a song off the cd also. I have much love for Roadrunner right now... plus they have signed up to release the new Meat Loaf cd which has me excited...the man has an amazing set of pipes. I am hoping a preorder will appear with his cd autographed... I love having my shit signed. Your nervous anticipation is almost equal to our feeling of dread as the episode draws closer.... The dungeon will not be the same after this episode.
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:24 pm

The Acrassicauda documentary is really good. It really gives you a view into what it is like in Iraq for the average (metal-head) person. Their music is ok, but their story is better.

I've heard Fintroll before. It's good, but didn't bowl me over.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:50 pm

dbm wrote:The Acrassicauda documentary is really good. It really gives you a view into what it is like in Iraq for the average (metal-head) person. Their music is ok, but their story is better.

I've heard Fintroll before. It's good, but didn't bowl me over.

I am sorry...but by default or accident or cosmic fate you have become our "cookie" expert... Going to have to do an episode with you so we can figure out good cookie from bad cookie. How are you about extreme metal which takes cookie to a whole other level?
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:36 pm

I'm going to have to change my tune a little on Acrassicauda. While away I heard a track off their album on the radio and I've got to say it was really good. From what I remember, it was nothing like what was played in the documentary. Really not so much thrash at all, just good some good hard rock. Have no idea of what song was played but I'm sure I'll be checking them out at some point. Too bad the current release is just a 4 song ep.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:18 am