The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

+2
ALLROY
Michael
6 posters

Rock Dungeon 54: Joss Stone Moved My Cheese

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 54: Joss Stone Moved My Cheese Empty Rock Dungeon 54: Joss Stone Moved My Cheese

Post  Michael Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:25 pm

The boys are back after the infamous "guilty pleasure" episode and are a bit mellower as they are recording this episode at night. In this episode we learn many things: Mike prefers a picture or image for self-pleasure, some gaps are to far for even Evel Kneivel, the difference between listeners and contributers, Damian's birthday, why every band should follow us on twitter and what are disco doughnuts? The usual suspects are on and a trivia sent in by Greg to Aaron. a new contest is also announced so hurry and download before the crotch runs out of your underwear.

Get It Here

Song Clips:
    The Arrogant Worms - The Happy, Happy Birthday Song
    King Diamond - Abigail
    Alkaline Trio - Dine, Dine, Dine My Darling
    Taking Dawn - Take Me Away
    Awaiting Crunch - The End
    Living Colour - Burned Bridges
    Ghost Robot Ninja Bear - One Pedal To Another
    Rock Sugar - Crazy Girl
    Jeff Beck - I Put A Spell On You
    TRIVIA
    Wednesday 13 - Not Another Teenage Anthem
    The Bears - Fear Is Never Boring
    Impellitteri - Burning
    Fireball Ministry - Hard Lines
    From First To Last - Cashing Out
    Stellar Corpse - Love Like This
    Junkyard -Blooze
    Empire Hideous - Heavens Raining Bullets
    Liz Melendez - Similar Circumstance
    Calavera - Charrasqueado
    Box Tops - The Letter
    Cold Play - Viva La Vida
    ALLROY
    ALLROY

Rock Dungeon 54: Joss Stone Moved My Cheese Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 54: Joss Stone Moved My Cheese

Post  ALLROY Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:55 pm

Another great episode guys. Lots of tasty morsels! I've heard of Alkaline Trio but never heard them and I like what I've heard.Liked the Taking Dawn song,Awaiting Crunch was really cool (love the ska sound and loved the horns). How could you possibly go wrong with a band named Ghost Robot Ninja Bear!! Rock sugar rocked!(I sent in my guess for the CD but I think I got one band wrong...oh well I tried) You mentioned the Drive-By Truckers...one of my favorite bands! If you haven't heard them you should check them out, they have a southern rock sound I recommend listening to Southern Rock Opera....from wikapedia "After three years on the road a tight-knit group of musicians emerged and they began work on 2001's Southern Rock Opera. Southern Rock Opera is a double album executed as a song cycle. The album uses the rise and literal fall of Lynyrd Skynyrd as a means of analysis of the cultural deterioration of the South during the 1970s." Fireball Ministry was good also, the singer reminded me of OzzY. as far as the Junkyard song....freaking awesome......that was actually the very 1st CD I ever bought back in '89, I got it after I saw the Hollywood video on Head Bangers Ball.Going old school with the Box Tops...SWEET!! Looking forward to the 60's cover episode.Once again, keep up the great work and the great sounds.......\m/
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 54: Joss Stone Moved My Cheese Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 54: Joss Stone Moved My Cheese

Post  Michael Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:14 pm

ALLROY wrote:Another great episode guys. Lots of tasty morsels! I've heard of Alkaline Trio but never heard them and I like what I've heard.Liked the Taking Dawn song,Awaiting Crunch was really cool (love the ska sound and loved the horns). How could you possibly go wrong with a band named Ghost Robot Ninja Bear!! Rock sugar rocked!(I sent in my guess for the CD but I think I got one band wrong...oh well I tried) You mentioned the Drive-By Truckers...one of my favorite bands! If you haven't heard them you should check them out, they have a southern rock sound I recommend listening to Southern Rock Opera....from wikapedia "After three years on the road a tight-knit group of musicians emerged and they began work on 2001's Southern Rock Opera. Southern Rock Opera is a double album executed as a song cycle. The album uses the rise and literal fall of Lynyrd Skynyrd as a means of analysis of the cultural deterioration of the South during the 1970s." Fireball Ministry was good also, the singer reminded me of OzzY. as far as the Junkyard song....freaking awesome......that was actually the very 1st CD I ever bought back in '89, I got it after I saw the Hollywood video on Head Bangers Ball.Going old school with the Box Tops...SWEET!! Looking forward to the 60's cover episode.Once again, keep up the great work and the great sounds.......\m/

Thanks for playing Greg... You are awesome... I love Taking Dawn... and Ghost Robot Ninja Bear was a great find by Wade... and they are following him... Junkyard is awesome ... so how do you feel about Ricki Rachtman... I stayed up many a night with Headbangers Ball... 3 hours of musical bliss. Thanks for the info about Drive By Truckers... I will check them out... Thanks for listening and posting adn being a contributer
    ALLROY
    ALLROY

Post  ALLROY Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:15 pm

Thank you Michael for considering me a contributor! I am a loyal follower that is always looking to help spread the musical jelly. Ricki Rachtman in my mind was good because that was the time when the music was so influential on me and made me reach outside the box! There I found the Black Crowes, Anvil, Anthrax, DIO, Nuclear Assault, Junkyard, L.A. Guns, Cinderella, Faster Pussycat and so on and so forth. OH the freakin' 80's!! Gotta lov'em!!! I'm really hoping that you dig on the Drive-By Truckers. But it's more of a hope than a want.Again Thanks for making at least 2 to 3 hours a week for me that's much more enjoyable!! Music is endless...and that is what I totally love about it!!!

\m/
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:35 am

Thanks for the songs guys... I wasn't expecting anything like that!

And I really need to find The Arrogant Worms - The Happy, Happy Birthday Song now... That can be played for all the kids!

BTW I'm not that special!
    Wade
    Wade
    Admin

Post  Wade Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:11 am

Lord Shaper wrote:Thanks for the songs guys... I wasn't expecting anything like that!

And I really need to find The Arrogant Worms - The Happy, Happy Birthday Song now... That can be played for all the kids!

To Us, Good Sir, You are a God of men. A tried and true friend and follower.

Hope you had a great bithday and got everythying you wanted and only a few things you needed. confused
    Lord Shaper
    Lord Shaper

Post  Lord Shaper Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:35 am

Wade wrote:
    Lord Shaper wrote:Thanks for the songs guys... I wasn't expecting anything like that!

To Us, Good Sir, You are a God of men. A tried and true friend and follower.

Hope you had a great bithday and got everythying you wanted and only a few things you needed. confused

I'm waiting on a comic art piece which I have ordered to be done so that's my birthday gift and apart from that I have to get the wife to organise the baby sitter so I can have that rest from the kids everyone needs! heh
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:16 am

great episode of course!

love the king diamond! happy birthday shaper!!
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Post  ccordova2 Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:24 am

i had more to say but it escapes me at the moment..
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:37 pm

ccordova2 wrote:i had more to say but it escapes me at the moment..

Thats ok... You are the premier drive by forum poster... you hit you leave....
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:12 pm

Ok, so I'm a bit behind...

1) I concur, great King Diamond song.

2) I love it when a joke goes of track and turns into an uncomfortalbe converation (re: Merciful Fate)

3) Thanks for the Bad Religion free album tip!

4) 'Hella' is a west coast thing. Rancid probably say it a lot.

5) So who was the high singing guy with the bumble bee song?
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:12 pm

dbm wrote:Ok, so I'm a bit behind...

1) I concur, great King Diamond song.

2) I love it when a joke goes of track and turns into an uncomfortalbe converation (re: Merciful Fate)

3) Thanks for the Bad Religion free album tip!

4) 'Hella' is a west coast thing. Rancid probably say it a lot.

5) So who was the high singing guy with the bumble bee song?

Well Bill we are taking a month off so you can catch up... We are considerate that way. You would not know anything about jokes gone bad or uncomfortable silences right. Thanks for the clarification about Hella and you are most welcome about the free Bad Religion cd. The name of the band was Blind Melon... Remember them?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:44 am