The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

4 posters

Rock Dungeon 55: Scooby Doo Looking For A Shag

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 55: Scooby Doo Looking For A Shag Empty Rock Dungeon 55: Scooby Doo Looking For A Shag

Post  Michael Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:14 am

The boys are up to their usual hijinks at their new recording time and day. You can tell that it still is not comfortable for them. In this eppy they celebrate the birthday of the official tattoo artist of the Rock Dungeon ... Carlos. They provide almost three hours of unbridaled passion and majesty... well ok maybe not unbridaled....and come to think about it their is almost no majesty... but their is passion. Not that smut book redtube kinda passion either... but true, long lasting, everburning passion. The kind of passion that other music podcasters dream about... well probably not... but Wade and Mike do.Anyway with have a passionate trivia from Aaron and enough music to float a battleship around. Get it before it sinks from the overload of passion. Get it Here

Music Clips:

Sumo Soviet - Happy Birthday
    Pride & Glory - Losing Your Mind
    Armored Saint - Head On
    The Misfits - Land Of The Dead
    The Volbeat - Sad Man's Tongue
    Theory Of A Deadman - Bad Girlfriend
    Balzak - Rain
    Supagroup - Jailbait
    TRIVIA
    Man Overboard - While You Were Sleeping
    Hurt - Number
    Poisonblack - Love Infernal
    Neal Morse - The Way Home
    Sacred Rite - Teaser
    Kiuas - Black Rose Withered
    Pitch Black - The Resting Place
    Royal Court Of China - Six Empty Bottles
    Joe Strummer - Johnny Appleseed
    The Strokes - Vision Of Division
    Chickenfoot - Running Out
    The Murderdolls - Grave Robbing USA
    Iced Earth - Birth Of The Wicked
    ccordova2
    ccordova2

Rock Dungeon 55: Scooby Doo Looking For A Shag Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 55: Scooby Doo Looking For A Shag

Post  ccordova2 Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:06 am

Thank u for my awesome bday song & to follow it up wit armored saint! Rock! Jerry only is doin his best danzig in that song! Lol &i heard Elvis in the song aftr that
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 55: Scooby Doo Looking For A Shag Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 55: Scooby Doo Looking For A Shag

Post  Michael Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:32 am

ccordova2 wrote:Thank u for my awesome bday song & to follow it up wit armored saint! Rock! Jerry only is doin his best danzig in that song! Lol &i heard Elvis in the song aftr that

But sadly you did not hear the second loudest guitar in the world... I hope your birthday was amazing and we were glad to be a part of it... Thank you for being a listener, contributer and a friend...
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:13 pm

As always, a great mix of tunes. Got to say I loved the Murder Dolls, Misfits and Volbeat tunes although the Volbeat did not speak of Elvis or Danzig to me, just some heavy ass rockabilly. The Theory of a Deadman really grew on me too, I lumped it in with the current alt pop rock initially but liked it more and more the more I listened.

Sorry to let you down on the Big Rig, Stress Boy and Screw 32. Never heard of any of them although I can help on Against Me! Got a couple of cd's by them, one I love "Reinventing Axl Rose" and one I hate "New Wave". The first puts you in the mood to hoist a pint at an Irish pub, the second is exactly what the title states, they just left out the word crap.

I'll put my vote in for Balzac, I recently picked up one of their cd's "Out of the Grave..." which is a mix of heavy/thrash and punk. Love all the punk tunes but could probably live without most of the rest. I hadn't noticed the speech impediment though until you pointed it out. Thanks.

Cool to hear that you are going to do some band interviews, that will be an awesome addition to your show. Wade may know this already but Calabrese twittered a few days ago that they are up for interviews - "Doing phone interviews! Killer shit. If you wanna interview us in any way, shape or form...hit me up at www.myspace.com/bobbyvampcalabrese!". Look forward to hearing that one;)
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:30 am

Crimson Pig wrote:As always, a great mix of tunes. Got to say I loved the Murder Dolls, Misfits and Volbeat tunes although the Volbeat did not speak of Elvis or Danzig to me, just some heavy ass rockabilly. The Theory of a Deadman really grew on me too, I lumped it in with the current alt pop rock initially but liked it more and more the more I listened.

Sorry to let you down on the Big Rig, Stress Boy and Screw 32. Never heard of any of them although I can help on Against Me! Got a couple of cd's by them, one I love "Reinventing Axl Rose" and one I hate "New Wave". The first puts you in the mood to hoist a pint at an Irish pub, the second is exactly what the title states, they just left out the word crap.

I'll put my vote in for Balzac, I recently picked up one of their cd's "Out of the Grave..." which is a mix of heavy/thrash and punk. Love all the punk tunes but could probably live without most of the rest. I hadn't noticed the speech impediment though until you pointed it out. Thanks.

Cool to hear that you are going to do some band interviews, that will be an awesome addition to your show. Wade may know this already but Calabrese twittered a few days ago that they are up for interviews - "Doing phone interviews! Killer shit. If you wanna interview us in any way, shape or form...hit me up at www.myspace.com/bobbyvampcalabrese!". Look forward to hearing that one;)

I love Theory of a Deadman... I have put their first two in my cart to purchase... hopefully sometime soon. I also have Volbeat newest one in my cart. Wednesday 13 is awesome though he owes much to Alice Cooper Alice Cooper/Rob Zombie/Wednesday 13 would be a show I would drive many miles to see. I am not a fan of Balzak... my first taste of them left a really bad taste in my mouth and its going to take a lot more than a couple good songs to rectify that. No problem about the speech impediment... just a service we provide.

An interview with Calabrese would be quite awesome... that would be for Wade to set up as Calabrese is his domain, throbbing vein etc. I follow them on twitter also... must have missed that twit. As always thank you for listening and your feedback... you keep us going.
    Crimson Pig
    Crimson Pig

Post  Crimson Pig Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:28 pm

Michael wrote:I love Theory of a Deadman... I have put their first two in my cart to purchase... hopefully sometime soon. I also have Volbeat newest one in my cart. Wednesday 13 is awesome though he owes much to Alice Cooper Alice Cooper/Rob Zombie/Wednesday 13 would be a show I would drive many miles to see. I am not a fan of Balzak... my first taste of them left a really bad taste in my mouth and its going to take a lot more than a couple good songs to rectify that. No problem about the speech impediment... just a service we provide.

An interview with Calabrese would be quite awesome... that would be for Wade to set up as Calabrese is his domain, throbbing vein etc. I follow them on twitter also... must have missed that twit. As always thank you for listening and your feedback... you keep us going.

I can see some Theory of a Deadman and Wednesday 13 going into my cart soon although they are both kind of pricey, at least according to my standards. I hate to pay list for anything used, or new for that matter, unless we are talking Tom Waits. I've got no problem paying Paul Gilbert prices for his stuff.
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Crimson Pig wrote:
    Michael wrote:I love Theory of a Deadman... I have put their first two in my cart to purchase... hopefully sometime soon. I also have Volbeat newest one in my cart. Wednesday 13 is awesome though he owes much to Alice Cooper Alice Cooper/Rob Zombie/Wednesday 13 would be a show I would drive many miles to see. I am not a fan of Balzak... my first taste of them left a really bad taste in my mouth and its going to take a lot more than a couple good songs to rectify that. No problem about the speech impediment... just a service we provide.

I can see some Theory of a Deadman and Wednesday 13 going into my cart soon although they are both kind of pricey, at least according to my standards. I hate to pay list for anything used, or new for that matter, unless we are talking Tom Waits. I've got no problem paying Paul Gilbert prices for his stuff.

I spend way more than Wade does... You and He are much alike... Sadly their is nothing that Wade will pay Paul Gilbert Prices for... he does not love and need as much as we do afro
    dbm
    dbm

Post  dbm Mon May 03, 2010 1:53 pm

Big Rig was Jesse Michaels band after the mighty Operation Ivy. OpIvy should be well known, they are legendary for being the (I think) first punk-ska band. You can find their patch on the back of most punk jackets. Lint and Freeman went on to form Rancid. I think Big Rig only released one 7". It's good. Michaels in currently in Classics of Love.

Screw 32 was another east bay punk band from the early 90's. I'm not as familiar with them, but they are good too.

I have no idea who Stress Boy is.

Not all ska has horns, but most does. Pitch Black didn't sound anything like ska. I really liked it. I listened to the samples on Amazon -- I'm not sure yet; some songs I liked, some not so much; one sounds like a Voivod song - awesome! ('Scientific Method' for those interested -- almost sounds like a cover, but I don't think it is.) I think I like the instrumentals more than the singer overall. OK, I guess between the song you played, and the Voivod song, I'll have to get it. Smile
    Michael
    Michael

Post  Michael Mon May 03, 2010 5:29 pm

dbm wrote:Big Rig was Jesse Michaels band after the mighty Operation Ivy. OpIvy should be well known, they are legendary for being the (I think) first punk-ska band. You can find their patch on the back of most punk jackets. Lint and Freeman went on to form Rancid. I think Big Rig only released one 7". It's good. Michaels in currently in Classics of Love.

Screw 32 was another east bay punk band from the early 90's. I'm not as familiar with them, but they are good too.

I have no idea who Stress Boy is.

Not all ska has horns, but most does. Pitch Black didn't sound anything like ska. I really liked it. I listened to the samples on Amazon -- I'm not sure yet; some songs I liked, some not so much; one sounds like a Voivod song - awesome! ('Scientific Method' for those interested -- almost sounds like a cover, but I don't think it is.) I think I like the instrumentals more than the singer overall. OK, I guess between the song you played, and the Voivod song, I'll have to get it. Smile

With all of your information you should have a podcast... as always thank you for your input... I am totally with you and doid not think Pitch Black sounded ska-ish at all... but I did like it. Voi VOd.. holy crap I have not thought of them in years... need to dig it out... Thanks Bill awesome as always

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:03 am