The Rock Dungeon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Rock Dungeon

The Rock Dungeon is a weekly podcast that can be found at TheRockDungeon.com, and it is your source for an entertaining and funny look at the world of the rock music scene of the past, present, and future.

2 posters

Rock Dungeon 61: Ménage à Power Trio

Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 61: Ménage à Power Trio Empty Rock Dungeon 61: Ménage à Power Trio

Post  Michael Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:17 pm

The boys are back in another scintillating episode of music, mayhem and merriment. The boys have a discussion about Power Trios. What makes a good one, and what actually qualifies as one and examples are played. Pantera, before Diamonds became Dimebags. Wade drops another winner at the bluenote oasis. All this can be yours for free. You know ya wanna try it. Just do it.

Get It Here

Music Clips:

Ten Ton Truck - Abandon Me
    Reckless Love - Badass
    Frozen By Fire - Fire In The Eyes
    Motorhead - Don't Lie To Me
    Thin Lizzy - The Rocker
    Stray Cats - Ubangi Stomp
    Rush - Caravan
    Richie Kotzen - Gone Tomorrow Blues
    Pantera - Nothing On But The Radio
    Silverstein - My Heroine
    Benjamin Teacher - Thunder Lightning Bolt
    Ten - Evermore
    Stevie Ray Vaughn - Crossfire
    dbm
    dbm

Rock Dungeon 61: Ménage à Power Trio Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 61: Ménage à Power Trio

Post  dbm Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:23 pm

I have to agree with Mike - I don't consider the Stray Cats a power trio. Triumph is my personal gold standard. You mentioned them, but didn't play a song Sad Yeah, I know, you played one recently, but that's no excuse Smile

I actually dug that Silverstein song, even though that genre is real touch and go for me. Some of it really annoys me. I went to Amazon to hear more from them and listened to one song I actually know from a comp. Guess I never paid attention to the name since I don't really like that song (actually, it's a good song, with a really annoying chorus).

And that was my first time hearing old Pantera - I liked it!

Good show, guys (except for all the Blues stuff... is the Blues really considered rock? Wink
    Michael
    Michael

Rock Dungeon 61: Ménage à Power Trio Empty Re: Rock Dungeon 61: Ménage à Power Trio

Post  Michael Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:47 pm

dbm wrote:I have to agree with Mike - I don't consider the Stray Cats a power trio. Triumph is my personal gold standard. You mentioned them, but didn't play a song Sad Yeah, I know, you played one recently, but that's no excuse Smile

I actually dug that Silverstein song, even though that genre is real touch and go for me. Some of it really annoys me. I went to Amazon to hear more from them and listened to one song I actually know from a comp. Guess I never paid attention to the name since I don't really like that song (actually, it's a good song, with a really annoying chorus).

And that was my first time hearing old Pantera - I liked it!

Good show, guys (except for all the Blues stuff... is the Blues really considered rock? Wink

Yeah one for me... I agree Triumph is awesome... do you prefer when Gil Moore sings or when Rik Emmit sings? What is your favorite Triumph song... I think mine is Young Enough to Cry. Old Pantera is one of those dusty gems that not many have heard because it is so different to what most people consider Pantera being. If you liked that you might wanna check out Lord Tracy... same style of music except a little more tongue in cheek. Wade has this thing for the blues... comes from his upbringing... but I still love him and he wanted to do something that would counter my Paul Gilbert bumper Razz

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:02 am